atominis thumbnail
Posted: 1 years ago

I have seen LOT of hate for Jaya Bachchan and Gauri Khan online. 

Why? Why some even say these women would be nowhere if not for their husbands?

FYI Jaya and Gauri supported their husbands when they were NOBODIES and were not even getting work in films and were struggling.

Gauri especially married SRK when he was not even from a well connected or famous family like Bachchans and defied social norms to marry a Muslim guy and though she felt lonely and like stranger in Mumbai when she came here in early 20s, she never left SRK's side. 

Why is she bashed or it is claimed she lives off husband's fame or wealth or her store runs due to husband? 

Jaya is hated for angry outbursts and regressive attitude but she is the reason why Bachchan is a star and even survived. She worked with him when no one else did, she introduced him to her colleagues at FTII. She fought with even Rajesh Khanna and others who used to mock Amitabh. She has fought like a tigress for him and her family. She gave up her career at peak to obey his whims and she used to tolerate his affairs, tantrums quietly and never left him, took care of his parents and did all sorts of prayers, fasts, penance when he was hospitalised after Coolie accident and would walk barefoot to temples praying and fasting for him. She was the one who joined politics, started working again and opened production house and made serials when Amitabh's own ABCL failed and he went bankrupt. Even now she maintains their social networks and connections and gets them political benefits though Bachchan himself left like a coward after Bofors.

Even foreign diplomats who visit Bachchans say how Jaya personally serves guests and takes care of everything till date. 

Do you think Amitabh or SRK could focus on work 24/7 if their wives were not there to support them or take care of family and attend to even their connections and social circle? 

Jaya had every right to dump Amitabh the way Dimple left abusive relation with Kaka, Babita left Randhir etc. But she did not. Today she is hated or fanbois think Rekha suited AB better or hers is true love and Jaya is not? 

Jaya and Gauri belonged to educated and good families.  They were not some poor street dwellers who AB or SRK did a favour by marrying. 

To hate on star wives or belittle their achievements or assume they are freeloader leeches living off husbands is cheap and reeks of jealousy. Their husbands are what they are due to them. SRK got mental stability and a family despite loss of parents only due to Gauri. Gauri has no issues with SRK's sister also living with them or else there are cheap fights between DILs and sister in laws. SRK's sister also happily lives with them and takes care of their kids like her own. Gauri's contribution in this bond should not be erased.

These women have been with their husbands through thick and thin. Any man would be lucky to get such support. These women have earned right to use fame or money of their husbands which they earned thanks to partly their sacrifices. 

Gauri is not even some doormat. Nor makes regressive statements. It is good if she is doing a business. She handles Red chillies PH along with SRK too, right? Why can they not work as team and diversify as much as they want if they have means to do so? 

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

blue-ice.1 thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 5

This is what Gauri mean when she said talked about the downside of having a famous husband....no one remembers her support and sacrifices she made for SRK but everyone sees what SRK has done for her...

blue-ice.1 thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 5

If not for a famous father Aryan would never have been framed in a false drug case...the perks are many but the downside matches ....

Grumpydwarf24 thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 4

I think the question mainly posed was would their business be where it is at if they did not have the benefits of their husband's name and money. Probably not! But wives are legally entitled to most of their husband's money anyway. Even if they don't work. The thinking behind it is they probably made a lot of sacrifices that helped their spouse get where they were. But I will be honest. I brought this up. While watching KWK I would be interested in seeing more famous celebrities. Is it nice to see Bollywood housewives and get a taste of their journey in this whole thing? Yes, but the actors are what entertain you at the end of the day. So that is where my issue begins. 

But as long as these celebrity wives are not being rude or b*tchy to other people for no reason to dislike them. Yes, if they are being treated just like celebrities then I don't think the genuine public has the same level of curiosity in them yet. Maybe that is just me. That does not mean I personally have something against them. I just see that as an episode where someone I am curious about could have been invited that is all. 

Edited by Grumpydwarf24 - 1 years ago
Grumpydwarf24 thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 4

I mean I do see your point. We can make a point nepo kids have ruined entertainment for us. If you really feel the majority lack talent or star quality, etc etc. Star wives haven’t done anything to us yet. 

MostlyHarmIess thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3

Nobody is bashing Gauri for being a nobody. People are bashing her for the same reason they bash Ananya Pandey. Her entire social standing as the queen bee of the Bollywood social circuit and her success as an interior design are tied to her status as SRK's wife. So then to go and complain about your struggles comes off as extremely off putting to people who actually have struggles. She says people were wary of hiring her because she was his wife. But she is not even good at her job, just look at Ranbir's bachelor pad. Who would hire her, if she wasn't SRK's wife. 

And Jaya Bachchan was extremely successful in her own right. That's very different from Gauri. 

hotchoco thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 4

Because they worship actresses and have to prove it every day how amazing their queens are. It's easy to hit below the belt at people who don't have fans since they're not celebrities. 

Unfortunately for them, the respect that actresses get in the real world is minimal except for maybe someone like Aishwarya because people consider her a decent person.

NoraSM thumbnail

Originally posted by: semantic.error

Nobody is bashing Gauri for being a nobody. People are bashing her for the same reason they bash Ananya Pandey. Her entire social standing as the queen bee of the Bollywood social circuit and her success as an interior design are tied to her status as SRK's wife. So then to go and complain about your struggles comes off as extremely off putting to people who actually have struggles. She says people were wary of hiring her because she was his wife. But she is not even good at her job, just look at Ranbir's bachelor pad. Who would hire her, if she wasn't SRK's wife. 

And Jaya Bachchan was extremely successful in her own right. That's very different from Gauri. 

I believe her clients get to decide if she did a good job or not, her job isn’t a television show or a movie where audience is the judge. 

MostlyHarmIess thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Originally posted by: NoraSM

I believe her clients get to decide if she did a good job or not, her job isn’t a television show or a movie where audience is the judge. 

Eh they use the celebrity houses as endorsements and catalog for a very public business. I suppose I can't afford her services. But they are surely open for judging. Sue me. 

Of course the fact that her celebrity clients are only KJo, Ranbir, Alia and Sid is very telling in itself. Either directly KJo's circle or Ranbir who was behaving like he was in SRK's entourage back in 2016-17. 

Shaitan-Haiwan thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 6

Didn’t SRK cheat on Gauri with Priyanka? Wow. After all her sacrifices, loyalty and all; she still stayed with him. I wonder why  Did Amitabh do the same to Jaya? And you want us do love this kind of behaviour!  Let’s  continue to overpraise and elevate people who only care about money and fame? Whatever. 

Edited by Shaitan-Haiwan - 1 years ago