🏏India vs Australia, 2nd T20I - VCA Stadium Nagpur 🏏

shareShare facebook twitter
Posted: a day ago

Let us pray for the speedy recovery of those fans who were injured in Hyderabad stampede yesterday. smiley27

Cricket is not the national sport of India, yet it is a festival, a celebration, and an emotion to millions in the country. One among every five kids envisions playing cricket for India, and it perfectly portrays the level of passion for the game in a cricket frenzy country.

🏏India vs Australia, 2nd T20I - VCA Stadium Nagpur 🏏

With an eye on the series win, Australia will face India in the 2nd T20I of the three-match series in Nagpur today . 

With a win in the opening game, Australia are on the cusp of registering their second consecutive T20I series win over the Men in Blue at their home. 

For India, it's a must-win game, and a defeat would mean that they would lose a home series before the all-important T20 World Cup.

India takes on Australia once again with an eye on levelling the series. India trail the series 0-1 after  Australia produced a fine batting show to beat the hosts by four wickets in the first T20I in Mohali on Tuesday. 

Invited to bat, Hardik Pandya (71 not out) and K L Rahul (55) scored scintillating half-centuries to help India post 208 for six. 

In reply, opener Cameron Green put India on the back foot with his 30-ball 61 before Matthew Wade (45 not out off 21) took the visitors over the line with four balls to spare.

Before the fixture, there was positive news for India as Jasprit Bumrah is all but set to make his comeback in the playing XI. The right-arm pacer was rested for the series opener. He is likely to replace local boy Umesh Yadav. Like other bowlers, Umesh also went for plenty of runs and had an economy rate of over 13.

India cannot make plenty of changes after just one defeat, and the rest of the bowling line-up looks set to remain the same. The batsmen did their job to perfection and propelled the team to a big score of 208. There is nothing more that team management can ask for. 

India vs Australia 2nd T20 Match Preview, LIVE Streaming details: When and where to watch IND vs AUS 2nd T20 online and on TV?

IND vs AUS Probable XI

India: Rohit Sharma (C), KL Rahul, Virat Kohli, Suryakumar Yadav, Dinesh Karthik, Hardik Pandya, Axar Patel, Umesh Yadav/ Jasprit Bumrah, Yuzvendra Chahal, Harshal Patel, Bhuvneshwar Kumar

Australia: Aaron Finch (c), Josh Inglis, Steven Smith, Glenn Maxwell, Cameron Green, Matthew Wade, Pat Cummins, Daniel Sams, Josh Hazlewood, Adam Zampa, Kane Richardson 

--------------   

In head-to-head encounters in T20Is, India and Australia have played 23 games. India has won 13 games, while Australia has won 9 games. One match ended with no result. While playing in India, Australia has won 4 games and lost 4 out of 8. India and Australia last played a T20I series in December 2020, in which India won 2-1.

Pitch Report

The pitch of Vidarbha Cricket Association Stadium, Nagpur generally favors the bowlers. The batters will have to spend some time on the wicket if they want to score big.

The seamers will be benefited, especially in the first couple of overs. The weather condition will favor the seamers.

Bowlers can expect a better performance in Nagpur. 12 T20Is at the venue have averaged 151 in the first innings

In 2019, Deepak Chahar took six wickets in a match between India and Bangladesh in the same venue. 

Weather Report --- Nagpur

The weather of Nagpur is forecasted to be Mostly Cloudy and it will remain the same throughout the day.

There is a 24% chance of rain. The temperature is expected to be 26-Degree Celsius and the humidity to be 86%.

Fantasy Cricket Expert Tips: The weather condition will favor the seamers.

------------  

Who Will Win Today Between IND vs AUS 2nd T20I Match?

According to the crix11 astrology cricket match prediction, IND will win the match today.

Edited by Viswasruti - a day ago

Pace or Spin?

The venue is suited for both Pacers and Spinners alike.

India’s ace pacer Jasprit Bumrah could be the answer to India’s death bowling issues. However, his fitness is still in the air as he wasn’t deemed a 100 percent fit for the first T20I of the series. Apart from Axar Patel, none of the bowlers looked lethal. Bumrah’s brilliance might be the last hope for team India.

Both India and Australia had started the current three-match T20I series with the intention of finding the right combination for the upcoming T20 World Cup. 

But after the first match at Mohali, the Indians reached Nagpur for the second T20 encounter with more headaches and unanswered questions rather than solutions.

India is in dire straits when it comes to the bowling spectrum of things. 

The bowling attack was dismal in the recently concluded Asia cup and things only look going downhill as Bhuvneshwar Kumar and co. failed to defend a massive 208-run target against Australia in the first T20I of the three-match series. 

With the ICC T20 World Cup right on the horizon, Rohit Sharma and the Indian management will be looking for immediate solutions. 

The veteran Bhuvneshwar’s performance has kept dipping and he has been hammered for a lot of runs. Harshel Patel who returned after his injury looked rusty as he too leaked runs in the death overs. 

Umesh Yadav’s pace was well-utilized by the Aussie batters and without many variations, he was at the mercy of Aaron Finch and his batters.

India not being able to defend a 200-plus target in the first T20I against Australia in Mohali was a fair reflection of some of the current deficiencies in their bowling unit. Bhuvneshwar Kumar continued to struggle in the end overs while the returning Harshal Patel also had an off day.

Incidentally, barring Axar Patel, rest of the Indian bowlers all went at over 10 runs an over. It is true the conditions were skewed heavily in favour of the batters. It is also true that there could have been a fair amount of dew. But, ahead of the crucial second game and also with the T20 World Cup on the horizon, India need to tighten a few screws in the bowling department.