Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat

Bollywood stars and their take on feminism

FlyOnTheWall thumbnail
Jimmy Jab Games Season 2 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 1 years ago

SRK

When addressing the media about the path-breaking film Dear Zindagi, SRK voluntarily threw shade at feminism for no reason. Nobody asked him about feminism. Nobody asked if the film is feminist. Yet, this is what he said: “I don’t want to sound pro-feminist and say that these girls have made a beautiful film, but they really have. I’ve always said that I enjoy making films with women.”

Kareena Kapoor

Forgive us, but our wound is still fresh from hearing an iconic woman like Kareena Kapoor say things which indicate she isn't cleat about the definition of feminism. In a press conference for Veere Di Wedding recently, the Chameli actor said: "I believe in equality. I wouldn’t say I am a feminist, I would say I am a woman and above all, I am a human being. I am also as proud to be known as Saif Ali Khan’s wife, as I am to be Kareena Kapoor. So that is just the way I am." 

Katrina Kaif

In what is among the most puzzling things any celebrity has said, Katrina strung together two completely different things- talking about your relationships and feminism- and made a khichdi we just couldn’t swallow. "People say I am not open, but is being open only talking about your relationships? I don’t think I am feminist but I don’t think an actress should be made to speak about the men in her life when there is so much more to her and what she has achieved. We need to respect that." Okay then, Kat. 

Alia Bhatt

Alia Bhatt did a magazine interview last year which made our brain twist itself inside our skulls. Quizzed about feminism, Alia first said she calls herself a feminist, but then said she also doesn’t. To make matters worse, she said feminism is misunderstood and proceeded to give us these gems: “Wearing dresses or cooking for your family are very superficial issues--they don't come into the picture of feminism at all! In fact, very often, men keep women safe--we don't give them enough credit for that! Women are often just told, 'Stay inside!' and it becomes the man's responsibility to safeguard her. It's easier for women to stay out of dangerous situations this way because of men."

Article 

https://www.idiva.com/entertainment/bollywood/all-the-problematic-things-bollywood-actors-and-actresses-have-said-about-feminism/17076666 

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

MostlyHarmIess thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3

It surprises me how many women are on the "I believe in equality of women, but I am not a feminist" train. 😆

FlyOnTheWall thumbnail
Originally posted by: semantic.error

It surprises me how many women are on the "I believe in equality of women, but I am not a feminist" train. 😆

Merko to laga ki inme se jyadatar khudko feminism wala movement se align nahi karna chahte hain except Alia 😆 uska take mere samajh se pare hai, pura pick me girl vibe 

infinity101 thumbnail
Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail Anniversary 7 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: FlyOnTheWall

Merko to laga ki inme se jyadatar khudko feminism wala movement se align nahi karna chahte hain except Alia 😆 uska take mere samajh se pare hai, pura pick me girl vibe 

Alia ka statement mujhe 2 baar padhna padha tha smjne ke lie 😆

MostlyHarmIess thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3

Eh, I don't expect better from Kareena, Alia. But the SRK answer is disappointing. 

Agni_Jytsona thumbnail
Love Couple India Season 2 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 9

What are these people blabbering about? Why are they making it sound like "feminism" is something to be avoided at all cost 

Especially Alia . Her statement is utter crap

Please do your job.  Act.  Don't ever speak on such important matters. All of you suck. Suck at handling them 

Guddu.Pandit thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 5

SRK

When addressing the media about the path-breaking film Dear Zindagi, SRK voluntarily threw shade at feminism for no reason. Nobody asked him about feminism. Nobody asked if the film is feminist. Yet, this is what he said: “I don’t want to sound pro-feminist and say that these girls have made a beautiful film, but they really have. I’ve always said that I enjoy making films with women.

Sweta Malik's Dirty Picture®: Kareena Kapoor Boob Press by Shahrukh Khan in  movie Ra-One

FlyOnTheWall thumbnail
Originally posted by: semantic.error

Eh, I don't expect better from Kareena, Alia. But the SRK answer is disappointing. 

Ha 

Aisa ki matlab agar khudko feminist bol diya to kuchh chala jayegaa 😆

oh_nakhrewaali thumbnail

I believe in equality but I am not a feminist.

I need water to live, not H2O (Google se chaapa hai, had read on insta)

Edited by oye_nakhrewaali - 1 years ago
HearMeRoar thumbnail
Originally posted by: M.Wheeler

What are these people blabbering about? Why are they making it sound like "feminism" is something to be avoided at all cost 

Especially Alia . Her statement is utter crap

Please do your job.  Act.  Don't ever speak on such important matters. All of you suck. Suck at handling them 

This is nothing. There is a senior actor/scriptwriter/director in Kerala. Well respected. Name Sreenivasan.

He announced people should seek natural cures for cancers and such. 🤦‍♀️

Of course when he got a stroke, he went to a hospital and got the help of modern medicine. 

Edited by HearMeRoar - 1 years ago