Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

DheeJattanDi thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 6
Posted: 1 years ago
Originally posted by: atominis

Kapoors otherwise also do Anand Karaj. Many Khatri Punjabi Hindus have Anand karaj and so do Sindhis. Karishma's mom is Sindhi. Dad a Khatri Punjabi Hindu.

Ranveer also had an Anand Karaj as well among other ceremonies with Deepika as he is a Sindhi. Sindhis are big followers of Guru Nanak and Guru Granth Sahib.

Ranveer believes in Sikhi due to his granddad I think. Yeah and I think that's bullshit. 

Why do marriage rituals when they hold no value to you.... anyways. That's my opinion lol.

atominis thumbnail

How do you judge if someone has belief or not? People have fluid beliefs.

Kapoors have been close to Sikhi. Geeta Bali, first wife of Shammi Kapoor was a Sikh. Neetu Singh was Sikh. Babita is Sindhi and Sindhis also believe in Guru Nanak and SGGS ji. Ranveer is Sindhi and same. So how can we decide others have no belief?

Anand Ahuja is Khatri and they do believe in Guru Nanak and SGGS as Guru Nanak was also a Khatri. 

Their choice what rituals they follow.

And most people follow all sorts of rituals. Arbaaz and Malaika had Xtian wedding ceremony. Bachchans go to mandirs, gurdwaras, churches, dargahs too. Families are also mixed faith with interfaith weddings so what is wrong if they follow all rituals? Pataudis also do everything from X Mas, Eid to pujas. 

DheeJattanDi thumbnail

They can do whatever they want, who am I to stop them. But I think it's useless to do all wedding rituals of a certain religion when they hold no value to you because you're a follower of a different religion. And don't tell me you can be both... because some of the basics of Hinduism will always clash with Sikhi and vice versa. I don't see myself ever doing a Nikaah for example, unless I actually believe in Islam and it means something to me. Again.. this is a controversial topic so I will refrain from elaborating 🙃

atominis thumbnail

Typical rigid thinking from a casteist ID anyway.

Not worth arguing. Amused how you think they do not believe in that religion. 🤣

As if you will decide who believes what or get into their head.

Sikhi has been closer to Hinduism for ages and also had elements of closeness to Sufi Islam which is why SGGS has banis of Muslim and Hindu saints alike. So much for basics clashing when a religion is amalgamation of both Hinduism and Islam and emerged as a synthetic faith during medieval era.  Gurus had both Hindu and Muslim followers. Recent rewriting of history does not change origins nor does Khalistani re interpretation of history change roots.

Anyway I would like to know how many having Anand karaj actually follow Sikhi and never cut or trimmed their hair, keep Amritvela, do 5 bani paath daily in Nitnem, do not touch halal meat, tobacco and follow every rule of rehitnama or even use Singh and Kaur in names. Are all people having Anand Karaj actually 'Sikh'? 

And if priests conducting Anand karaj for people have no issues then who is anyone else to judge? The issue arises only if there was disrespect to SGGS or no protocol followed. If respect is shown and ritual was done respectfully then why blame others? 

SGGS belongs to all just as gurdwaras are open to all. Stop comparing it to Nikaah or rigid faiths like Abrahmic ones which are not open to all. You cannot have nikaah without conversion anyway so analogy is baseless. I am glad Sikhi is not like Abrahmic religions where others have to convert to get access to sacred texts, religious places and ceremonies. 

DheeJattanDi thumbnail

^ How is that so amusing? Do they not do Pujas at home? So am I wrong to believe they're Hindus? 🙄 I don't need you to tell me what Sikhi is about. Anand Karaj according to Rehat Maryada is not actually about marrying each other, the four laavan mean you're also accepting the Guru as the centre of your life. You're embracing the path of naam japna and vand chakna. And if you are not a true believer of SGGS.. why even bother with a religious ceremony. If you're not monotheistic but believe in different gods, why bother doing 4 laavan around SGGS which is the only god for Sikhs now.

And I really don't see why you needed to get personal there.

Supari_khala thumbnail
Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 11 Thumbnail + 7
Originally posted by: SmittenKitt3n

I think it's cuz the last celeb who had a kid was PC who named her kid Malti Jonas Chopra. 🥴 It can only go up from there and I'm also positively surprised. Vayu is a cool name.

Yep, that’s probably what it is. All the names are just so blasé that this comes across refreshing for being traditional as well as short and sweet. 

WittyFlair thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: SmittenKitt3n

I think it's cuz the last celeb who had a kid was PC who named her kid Malti Jonas Chopra. 🥴 It can only go up from there and I'm also positively surprised. Vayu is a cool name.

Everytime I see "Malti", I instinctively think "balti".....and then I wonder why did PC name her kid after a bucket😆