Mouni outshadowed Ranbir-Aloo in Bramastra (WARNING: Spoilers )

Poll Question :

Did Mouni really overshadow Aloo-RK in Brahmastra ?

Poll Choice
No
Yes
All were around the same level
Other
Login To Vote
Posted: 1 years ago

I have not seen the movie yet. So I was wondering if all this buzz is true. i always thought of her as a terrific dancer and good actress. But I was wondering is their accuracy to this claim that is all over the news and mentioned by many critics? 

Discuss/I don't mind spoilers 

http://www.millenniumpost.in/entertainment/mouni-roy-on-overshadowing-ranbir-alia-in-brahmastra-i-cannot-even-imagine-a-thought-like-that-493046

Before watching the film, I always found her a strictly below average actress. But she was surprisingly good here, gave a decent performance, nothing spectacular but if we compare with others yes she shone. Ranbir was not much impressive in this movie and Alia had a flower pot role which is not worth discussing. 

Thatโ€™s because she got a role with more substance than them while all they got is cringe dialogs. Also she seemed more pro working with the VFX, may be due to her Naagin experience. 

Originally posted by 1t1svat1t1s

Thatโ€™s because she got a role with more substance than them while all they got is cringe dialogs. Also she seemed more pro working with the VFX, may be due to her Naagin experience. 

But why would Ayaan cast her in the more substantive role or create a script like that? Ranbir-Aloo are decent actors. He could have made as big of a hit film where they had all the substantive dialogues. He would just have needed to develop their characters a bit differently. 

Edited by Grumpydwarf24 - 1 years ago

Mouni seemed more comfortable with the CGI and the kind of acting needed for the film more than any one else in the cast. 

But Mouni feels too underwhelming. She feels more like a henchman and less like the lead villain. 

Mouni was better than Ranbir. She can't be compared to Alia because Isha's role was insignificant

Originally posted by semantic.error

Mouni seemed more comfortable with the CGI and the kind of acting needed for the film more than any one else in the cast. 

But Mouni feels too underwhelming. She feels more like a henchman and less like the lead villain. 

Yes, I am sure Alia will still win the best actress award this year. Even though many reviews stated it was one of her most underwhelming performances. Her character had no scope. But if she can get it for a fifteen-minute role in Gully Boy. Then it is no biggie for Bramastra. I mean the precedent has already been set. 

Originally posted by Grumpydwarf24

Yes, I am sure Alia will still win the best actress award this year. Even though many reviews stated it was one of her most underwhelming performances. Her character had no scope. But if she can get it for a fifteen-minute role in Gully Boy. Then it is no biggie for Bramastra. I mean the precedent has already been set. 

Alia anyway has all the awards locked for Gangubai and Darlings. It won't come to Brahmastra. ๐Ÿ˜†

Originally posted by semantic.error

Alia anyway has all the awards locked for Gangubai and Darlings. It won't come to Brahmastra. ๐Ÿ˜†

Yup if anything Mouni can hope for best villain. ๐Ÿ’”

Mouni was okay. RK-Aloo were plain bad. And yes, RK's lack of experience w.r.t VFX was quite apparent (like in that Deva song or the scene just before the interval).