🏏Australia Men Tour of India 2022 - 1st T20I - Mohali🏏

Savera84 thumbnail
Posted: 1 years ago

🏏Australia Men Tour of India - 1st T20I - Mohali - 20/09/2022🏏

The Australia tour of India 2022 will only witness a T20I series. During the IND vs AUS T20I series, three T20I games will be played.

The three games are scheduled to be played on September 20, 23, and 25. Both India and Australia will face each other in a T20I match after almost one and a half years. Both the teams last faced each other in a T20I series in December 2020.

During the away tour, India managed to defeat Australia in the T20I series 2-1. During the tour, India and Australia also locked horns in a Test and ODI series. The Indian team also crushed Australia in the Test series 2-1. The home team Aussie only managed to win the ODI series 2-1.

Recently, Australia played a three-match ODI series against New Zealand at home. Australia managed to win all the games and bagged a clean sweep. Australia crushed New Zealand by 2 wickets in the 1st ODI, 113 runs in the 2nd ODI, and 25 runs in the 3rd ODI.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Savera84 thumbnail

It is expected to be partly cloudy and humid in Mohali tomorrow, with a 25% chance of precipitation in the evening. In T20s since 2018, the chasing team has won seven out of 11 matches at the ground. On the eve of the match, Finch said the wicket had "a bit of grass on it".

All three IND vs AUS T20IS start from 7.30 pm IST. The weather for the first game in Mohali is expected to be around 25-27 degrees in the evening. Humidity will be around 70 per cent and dew is expected to play a massive role in the game. Thunderstorms are predicted in the afternoon in Mohali on the matchday. So far the venue has hosted five T20Is.

Savera84 thumbnail

DateMatch DetailsVenuesTime (IST)

Sept 20 India vs Australia, 1st T20I Punjab Cricket Association IS Bindra Stadium, Mohali 7:30 PM

Sept 23 India vs Australia, 2nd T20I Vidarbha Cricket Association Stadium, Nagpur 7:30 PM

Sept 25 India vs Australia, 3rd T20I Rajiv Gandhi International Stadium, Hyderabad 7:30 PM

Edited by Viswasruti - 1 years ago
Savera84 thumbnail

Teams:

India (probable): 1 Rohit Sharma (capt), 2 KL Rahul, 3 Virat Kohli, 4 Suryakumar Yadav, 5 Hardik Pandya, 6 Rishabh Pant/ Dinesh Karthik (wk), 7 Axar Patel, 8 Bhuvneshwar Kumar/ Deepak Chahar, 9 Harshal Patel, 10 Yuzvendra Chahal, 11 Jasprit Bumrah

Australia (probable): 1 Aaron Finch (capt), 2 Josh Inglis, 3 Steven Smith, 4 Glenn Maxwell, 5 Matthew Wade (wk), 6 Tim David, 7 Cameron Green, 8 Adam Zampa, 9 Pat Cummins, 10 Josh Hazlewood, 11 Sean Abbott

Savera84 thumbnail

In the spotlight:

All eyes will be on Tim David, who will be looking to showcase his power-hitting skills, this time in Australia colours. The Singapore-born batter has impressed in various T20 competitions, most recently in the IPL as well, and he'll be looking to replicate his success on the international stage. His big-hitting skills aside, his ability to take on spinners and quicks alike makes him a must-have in a T20 side. He averages 32.48 with a strike rate of 164.12 in T20s. He is likely to take up the middle-order spot in Stoinis' absence in this series. But Australia will not be able to accommodate him if both Stoinis and Marsh are fit when the World Cup begins. It's Smith's position that appears a bit vulnerable as of now - but he too has the reputation of being the anchor in the XI - so it remains to be seen how Australia fit David into their XI at the World Cup.

Rishabh Pant has not quite been able to live up to the expectations in the T20 format. In T20Is since 2020, he has averaged just 27.63 and has struck at 129.95 in 32 innings. At the Asia Cup, Pant had to be brought into the XI in place of Dinesh Karthik following an injury to Ravindra Jadeja as India wanted a left-hand batter in the middle. But he could only make scores of 17 and 14 against Sri Lanka and Pakistan respectively in the Super 4s. While having Pant and Karthik in the squad offers them flexibility, it looks like India can currently accommodate only one of the two in the XI. Pant will have to make use of his time in the middle in the upcoming T20Is to get back into form before the T20 World Cup.

Edited by Savera84 - 1 years ago
Savera84 thumbnail

Quotes

"... Only we know what role is expected of each person. Everyone is trying to give their best, and not every time will a player succeed. And that is the kind of environment we have created, that players are not afraid to play, or players are not afraid to make mistakes."

KL Rahul on constant criticism from outside

"The last thing you want to do is have an injury derail your whole campaign because you're pigeon-holed into playing one style of cricket or one structure of team."

Aaron Finch is open to experimenting with the XI

Savera84 thumbnail

Stats and trivia

Kohli's 718 runs against Australia are the most by any player against an opposition in men's T20Is

Australia have won each of their last three T20Is in India

Jasprit Bumrah has dismissed Glenn Maxwell seven times in 15 meetings in T20s

Savera84 thumbnail

Welcome to the 1st T20I of the 3 T20I series between Australia and India in India.

One important note:  I am tagging you all because you showed interest in discussing cricket in one match or the other.  

If you don't want me to tag you in cricket threads please let me know.  I will stop tagging you.

On a different note, Thanks to Bela, I have posted a thread for Legends League Cricket 2022.  All matches will be covered in one thread.  

There will be 15 matches in the series and 3 matches have already been played.  Check it out if you are interested.

Legends League Cricket 2022 Thread

Cheers..

MochaQueen thumbnail

So many matches, i cant keep up😆

Savera84 thumbnail

Originally posted by: Savera84

Welcome to the 1st T20I of the 3 T20I series between Australia and India in India.

One important note:  I am tagging you all because you showed interest in discussing cricket in one match or the other.  

If you don't want me to tag you in cricket threads please let me know.  I will stop tagging you.

On a different note, Thanks to Bela, I have posted a thread for Legends League Cricket 2022.  All matches will be covered in one thread.  

There will be 15 matches in the series and 3 matches have already been played.  Check it out if you are interested.

Legends League Cricket 2022 Thread

Tagging more cricket fans.

Cheers..