Posted: 1 years ago

Did mass entry of plastic models ruin acting standard of Bollywood? Bipasha, Dino, Milind, Arjun, beauty contest winners etc are hardly good actors. Neither was Zeenat or Parveen or Simi.

Meenakshi, Juhi are only ones from modeling background who had some talent to talk of.

Models seem to focus more on looks and body and lack voice modulation, expressions or language and dialogue delivery skill, lack versatility and often lack dance skills too.

Their looks are also artificial and less natural compared to actors of past.

PC came from pageantry. As was Deepika a famous model before movies. Both proved to have talent. Those are the only two examples I can think of off the top of my head. But I am pretty sure there are more. You can’t generalize any category of people. 

Edited by Grumpydwarf24 - 1 years ago

I do not think John, Arjun, Dino, Malaika, Amrita, Ashish Chaudhary, Milind Soman, Sameer Soni are good actors.

Deepika took lot of time to improve. Otherwise she was just a beauty and someone with great height. 

Katrina was never ever a good actor and still cannot speak Hindi properly.

Lara, Dia are not good actors either. Sushmita is also limited in range of roles.

PC also took lot of time to improve.

Anushka, Meenakshi, Juhi are only ones from modeling background who have shown good acting abilities from first film.

Aishwarya also worked in fits and starts and took lot of time to improve and still needs good directors to get good performance from her. 

Originally posted by atominis

I do not think John, Arjun, Dino, Malaika, Amrita, Ashish Chaudhary, Milind Soman, Sameer Soni are good actors.

Deepika took lot of time to improve. Otherwise she was just a beauty and someone with great height. 

Lara, Dia are not good actors either. Sushmita is also limited in range of roles.

Anushka, Meenakshi, Juhi are only ones from modeling background who have shown good acting abilities from first film.

Aishwarya also worked in fits and starts and took lot of time to improve and still needs good directors to get good performance from her. 

What about Ranveer Hooda? Diana Penty isn't bad? 

I agree with you about AIsh very very limited. 

But PC and Deepika were two of my favorite actresses in the past years. Yes, they took some time to improve. But so did Kareena among many others. Only part where I disagree is PC was slow. Many would feel she showed potential early on as Andaaz. She gave a good performance in Aitraaz. Many felt for someone with no filmmaking background she picked up acting pretty fast. 

Mouni Roy use to model along with being a TV actress. Look how many good performance she has gave. All I am saying that let's not generalize. Majority of the nepo kids can't act. There are two or four currently that are good actors. 

Anushka Sharma and Preity Zinta were both model turned actresses. Both were very decent actresses. 

But I agree as for now, film makers should look at people graduating from good acting schools. Not models. We are lacking in talent. 

https://www.stylecraze.com/articles/12-models-who-turned-bollywood-actresses/

Who decides if they have ruined Bollywood or not?

Who decides if they are good actors or not?

Originally posted by atominis

PC proved she has talent in her 2nd year in BW itself..Aitraaz..now if that is a lot of time then i don't know what to say..on the other hand non-models & priviledged starkids from her time like Esha deol & Tanisha never actually improved even in a decade..

PC was excellent in negative or seductive roles. Which is why she did great in Aitraaz. She took time to improve in emotional roles and range she showed in Bajirao Mastani happened later.

This is not about nepo kids. There can be outsiders from non modeling background too the way we had Hema, Waheeda, Meena, Madhubala, Asha, Jaya, Nargis, Mala, Neetu, Shabana, Smita, Dharam, Rajesh, Sunil, Amitabh, Vinod, Shatru, Jeetu, Mithun, Govinda etc from non modeling background earlier. 

Anushka and Preity are only actors from modeling background who have been good and promising from day one in recent years. Earlier there were Juhi and Meenakshi.

Randeep Hooda is an exception. Dozens of others like Dino Morea, Sanjay Suri, Sameer Soni, Ashish Choudhary, Priyanshu, John etc are limited to put it mildly.

Diana Penty showed promise but what other good work she did?

Lot of others like Neha Dhupia, Lara Dutta, Amrita and Malaika, Jas Arora, Tanushree, Nauheed Cyrusi, Preeti Jhangiani etc were never good at all. 

I think Bollywood should focus more on acting school grads or raw outsiders like there were Rajesh Khanna, Dilip Kumar, Amitabh, Danny, Vinod, Shatru, Waheeda, Nargis, Madhubala, Neetu, Mala, Saira, Sadhana etc in past.

Models and pageant winners mostly tend to be plastic and more focused on glamour than acting chops.

Poonam Dhillon, Sonu Walia, Parveen, Zeenat, Simi etc were from modeling or pageant background but hardly good actors.

Not for me. I find some of these models the most entertaining