Posted: 1 years ago

Good numbers, but I don't think this will help as much as it would have on any other day.

All the tickets are being sold for Rs 75 on 23rd Sept for WORLD CINEMA DAY, so the earnings will be significantly less. On a normal day a ticket costs 250+ at a multiplex. Even people who otherwise don't go to the theatre will be like, itni sasti ticket hai, dekh aate hai.😆

I heard the film has been made on a budget of 10 crores, if so recovery should not be an issue, especially if the word of mouth is good.

But the movie seems to be a lil creepy, scary, and has an A certificate coz its gory, so these are factors which may not work in its favour. 

PS: I am not claiming the budget is 10 crores, this is what I heard in a YouTube review, by a random guy who saw the film. Galat ho sakta hai number.

Edited by Daebak - 1 years ago
Originally posted by Daebak

Good numbers, but I don't think this will help as much as it would have on any other day.

All the tickets are being sold for Rs 75 on 23rd Sept, so the earnings will be significantly less. On a normal day a ticket costs 250+ at a multiplex. Even people who otherwise don't go to the theatre will be like, itni sasti ticket hai, dekh aate hai.😆

I heard the film has been made on a budget of 10 crores, if so recovery should not be an issue, especially if the word of mouth is good.

But the movie seems to be a lil creepy, scary, and has an A certificate coz its gory, so these are factors which may not work in its favour. 

PS: I am not claiming the budget is 10 crores, this is what I heard in a YouTube review, by a random guy who saw the film. Galat ho sakta hai number.

Opening is not what they're looking at I presume. This is like a discount initial offer to bring in customers. They're depending on strength of film for further success. 

I am happy seeing DQ getting applauded. The free screening today and World Cinema day on 23rd will already put a dent in the earnings, so itni umeed nahi hai BO se.

I just wish he hadnt done Zoya Factor.😆 Paap dhone ke liye aisi aur 3-4 achi movies karni hongi.

I am also excited about his Netflix show Guns and Gulabs, that is gonna be out very soon too. This year is proving to be very good for him👍🏼

He needs to go back to some slice of life films/romcoms like Bangalore Days (coz I like that🤣), his current Malayalam line up is boring for me. 

They had also accidentally put out a nice spoiler that has ruined it for me.

I dropped a comment to get it corrected, thankfully they saw my comment and made the required changes, editing out the spoiler. But now I have seen the main spoiler of the movie😭

Yay, DQ! A nepo kid worth rooting for. 

Talent POV, he's a bit above average but not Fahad level. Still, DQ is humble and appreciative of opportunities and does not play nasty games. Nor does he tear down competitors. No rumors of misbehavior with costars or others. Family man. 

His dad actually discouraged him from the movies. 😆 But first couple of hits, and many of the younger gen in the south now know Mammootty as DQ's dad.

Edited by HearMeRoar - 1 years ago