🏏India Women Tour of England - 3 ODIs - 3rd ODI at 3:30PM IST 🏏 - Page 3

Posted: 1 years ago

ENGW 227/7 (50)

CRR: 4.54

Last Wkt: Sophie Ecclestone lbw b Deepti Sharma 31(33) - 178/7 in 42.5 ov.

Last 5 overs: 35 runs, 0 wkts

Indian men's team of 90s = women's team of 2020s. Dependent totally on a player named S from Maharashtra. ๐Ÿ˜†๐Ÿ˜ต

We are not winning unless Smriti is the top scorer. 

India 45 for 1 in the 8th over.

Yastika Bhatia* 20
Smriti Mandhana 18

Thanks for the tag Raji๐Ÿค—

228 is a big target for India women team.

IND: 45/1(8overs)

Edited by kavya1994 - 1 years ago

England got rid of Shafali Verma early but Mandhana, Yastika, and Harmanpreet Kaur dug in deep, made fifties and got India over the line. The pitch was slow, tacky, the bounce was uneven which made the target look tricky midway. But Mandhana and Yastika got a few boundaries away, the latter showed boundary-hitting intent regularly, which came off more often than not. Charlie Dean was brave in tossing it up, Ecclestone was consistent as ever but they couldn't break through regularly. Mandhana's batting was free-flowing, Kaur started slow and went up the gears gradually. There was a 96-run and a 99-run partnerships for the second and third wickets respectively. Cross was brought back early, she created chances. Dean, alongside, kept things tight. There was a missed run out too, but Kaur ensured that the quiet period did not translate to wickets. Took on the bowling at the end, and finished the game with 34 balls to spare.

Presentation ceremony 

Amy Jones, England Captain: It's disappointing, didn't have enough with the bat. Alice batted brilliantly to give us a chance but we couldn't get powerplay wickets which we needed. (On the wicket and team's approach) It was a tricky wicket, they bowled well. Took early wickets. Regular wickets cost us. With the ball, getting Shafali was important. But Harman and Smriti batted really well which won it for them.

Harmanpreet Kaur, India Captain: We're happy with the support and the win. All of us showed the character which we discussed in team meetings. (On the new ball) It was a crucial toss, the partnership between Jhulan and Meghna was great. Credit to all the bowlers as they chipped through. (On Deepti Sharma) She is a very smart cricketer, she was doing exactly what was asked of her. The partnership between Smriti and Yastika was great, we hope to continue the momentum. I want to give it all for the team, happy with the runs and with the stand alongside Smriti.

Player of the Match

Smriti Mandhana,for her 91 off 99: I would've enjoyed it better with a not-out at the end. Thanks to the supporters for coming out, happy to put out a show for them. (On adapting to formats) ODIs are natural for me, T20s I have to put effort to take care of the strike rate. In ODIs I can just react. But I'm happy to lay the platform. (thoughts on the pitch) I'm happy that Harman won the toss. I saw the pitch in the first innings and told myself to cut down on the back-foot play. But didn't hold back too much. I want to say that this series if for Jhulu di (Jhulan Goswani), her bowling was amazing. All our efforts in this series will be for Jhulu di.

Congratulations to Indian women to win the 1st ODI at Hove.๐Ÿฅณ

That was a great win.๐Ÿ‘

Cheers..

Edited by Savera84 - 1 years ago