Deepika has three potential superhits in 2023, will Alia retire?

Posted: 1 years ago

๐Ÿ˜’ Alia is having her baby in 2023, will she slow down?  I hope not because Deepika has three potential superhits or superflops perhaps - Pathaan, Project K, and her film with Hrithik.  Can Deepika make a comeback or noone cares?  Please share your thoughts.

The difference between Alia's 2022 and Deepika's 2023 is that Alia balanced her hero supporting acts in the two blockbusters with two films led by her. All of Deepika's four projects are supporting roles to the actors. And I doubt any of them will make her as central as Alia was in Brahmastra. Where is Deepika's Gangubai? Where is Deepika's Darlings? Audience expects better from someone of her stature. 

Edited by semantic.error - 1 years ago

Originally posted by semantic.error

The difference between Alia's 2022 and Deepika's 2023 is that Alia balanced her hero supporting acts in the two blockbusters with two films led by her. All of Deepika's four projects are supporting roles to the actors. And I doubt any of them will make her as central as Alia was in Brahmastra. Where is Deepika's Gangubai? Where is Deepika's Darlings? Audience expects better from someone of her stature. 

every actor does different projects that are not directly comparable to another actor 

alia gets roles more easily than deepika with alia's backing. deepika has done a chhapak or piku or cocktail which alia has not done 

In deepika's movies with srk she has shined equally for example chennai express is remembered for her accent and sleepkick

I have watched brahmastra, alia's role was forcefully made central in brahmastra. she was added in scenes where she was not needed and it ruined some scenes for me (if I speak about it neutrally as a story). if you compare isha to naina then naina had more meat and an arc. isha just fell in love with shiva easily and blindly supported him 

Originally posted by semantic.error

It doesn't matter ...she will get the credit for making these movies a hit...and God forbid if they are a flop then SRK, Hritik yada yada are there to put the blame on....๐Ÿ˜† Didn't you see her PR said she stole the show in Br??๐Ÿคฃ

Alia as rani with rocky should be enough 

Originally posted by priya185

every actor does different projects that are not directly comparable to another actor 

alia gets roles more easily than deepika with alia's backing. deepika has done a chhapak or piku or cocktail which alia has not done 

In deepika's movies with srk she has shined equally for example chennai express is remembered for her accent and sleepkick

I have watched brahmastra, alia's role was forcefully made central in brahmastra. she was added in scenes where she was not needed and it ruined some scenes for me (if I speak about it neutrally as a story). if you compare isha to naina then naina had more meat and an arc. isha just fell in love with shiva easily and blindly supported him 

See...I didn't even have to go look..๐Ÿ˜†

Originally posted by blue-ice.1

See...I didn't even have to go look..๐Ÿ˜†

Please re-read, I have written the word equally. I did not give her full credit to her. I don't know why you plugged in my statement to support your point๐Ÿ˜†

Originally posted by priya185

My point isn't about comparing individual roles. It's about who leads the films. In Alia's films it is Alia. In Deepika's films it is SRK/Prabhas/Hrithik. She is repeating Katrina's mistakes from 2013-14. 

Alia has backing compared to someone like Jhanvi, not Deepika. Deepika can get any project she wants. Do you think anyone will say no to Deepika? She is choosing to do these easy blockbusters with second-fiddle roles because Chaapak and Gehraiyaan both didn't work. Deepika should be headlining films like Jee Le Zara or Gangubai. She can't compete with Alia, because she isn't even playing the same game. 

Make come back? She only had what 2 flops I guess but she and srk are making movie together which might be super hit. Kareena kapoor is still working Alia will to. She wonโ€™t get slow down I donโ€™t think so in her absence after 10 months or so script will be ready for new movies so she will be casted. 

Originally posted by blue-ice.1

It doesn't matter ...she will get the credit for making these movies a hit...and God forbid if they are a flop then SRK, Hritik yada yada are there to put the blame on....๐Ÿ˜† Didn't you see her PR said she stole the show in Br??๐Ÿคฃ

Br as in Bramhastra??