Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Cpt.DudleySmith thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 8 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 1 years ago

https://twitter.com/BollyNumbers/status/1212675509194067968?s=20

AAA was not a flop but a Commission Earner (B1) as per Film Information.

AAA was not a flop but a Commission Earner (B1) as per Film Information.

Yes AAA was declared as an average fare at the boxoffice as per ibosnetwork.com ( I am not sure if that site is still active or not... used to be a pro Big B boxoffice website, atleast that's what people used to say when it was super active).

--------

Edited by kingkhan22 - 1 years ago
Cpt.DudleySmith thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 8 Thumbnail + 3
Originally posted by: kingkhan22

Yes AAA was an average fare at boxoffice as per the ibosnetwork.com ( I am not sure if that site is still active or not... used to be a pro Big B boxoffice website, atleast that's what people used to say when it was super active).

The site is defunct but it was certainly run by a Bachchan fanatic. Some of the commentary on that site was rancid. 

return_to_hades thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 6

Profitability does not equal a hit. Profitable films can flop.  

Hit does not equal profitability. Hit films can incur losses. 

I_M_SultaN thumbnail

math genuises

LMAO its never budget ðŸ˜†

its distributor price against distributor share domestically for hit tag 

from what i have read 150cr domestic dist share will do it for brahmastra

means 320-330cr net 

I_M_SultaN thumbnail
Originally posted by: Cpt.DudleySmith

Selmon Bhoi's Bharat (a far cheaper film than Brahmastra) couldn't get a hit tag even by BOI after making nearly 200Cr. Nahata uncle's annual Film Classification included it among Others that are basically loss making movies or flops. But Brahmastra just needs 250Cr net to be a HIT? ðŸ˜²

bharat might be sold on bigger prices to dist

even dabang 3 made huge profits to arbu bhai ðŸ˜†

Edited by Mai.NePyarKiya - 1 years ago
Manavi_kesari thumbnail
IPL 2023 Participants 3 Thumbnail Anniversary 12 Thumbnail + 4

Budget estimated is 410 cr. excluding promotion n marketing costs . It must be included in total budget.

producer share + distribution share = hit r flop 

In a nutshell :

1. Gross BO Collection - This is the collective sum of the ticket value sold at the counter.

2. Net BO Collection - This is Gross BO minus entertainment tax.

3. Share - Usually refers to the distributor share from the Net BO Collection. This is usually near 50% of the Net box office collection.

Whenever the producer has to report the earnings to the media, he would prefer Gross over Net as it is an inflated figure to trick the public into believing that the movie is a hit. But for accounting purposes, Net BO is what is used.

Now comes the distributor share.

Usually, the producer of the movie would sell the rights of the movie to distributors across the country either for a lump sum or on a revenue sharing basis. In many cases, the producer might also own a distribution division which takes care of this in all major regions of the country. This the distributor share is partly or wholly what the makers of the film earn.

The distributor share in India are as follows:

Multiplexes:

Week 1 : 50%

Week 2: 42%

Week 3 : 37%

After Week 3 : 30%

The higher first week share is one of the reasons why distributors try to squeeze in as many screens as possible in the first week and push for a higher box office collection.

For single screens, its usually in the range of 70%. But it is common for single screens to pay a lump sum.

A movie as a rule of thumb requires to earn twice its production and marketing budget at the box office to break even and much higher to make a healthy profit.

https://twitter.com/biindia/status/1568178776743321601?s=46&t=9BTkhImLWbHuGTXsRwpGvg

they tricking through pr n inflating nos to establish it’s hit to get revenue n to less d losses 

Shaitan-Haiwan thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 6
Originally posted by: Guddu.Pandit

Sumit Samosa Kadel is talking about Net collection & not gross. 250 nett collection will give approx 320 cr Gross. 

He is stating additional addup to grand value of gross, OVERSEAS COLLECTION. Which is Expected to be 220 Cr.

320 + 220 = 540 Cr WORLDWIDE COLLECTION

Distributor Share = 270 Cr Approx 

That's why it will be HIT.

Umm Eww..What is this? What kind of joke is this?

Overseas collections DO NOT count. They never have. And if you want to start doing that, then please go back and add the overseas collections into the total collection numbers of KGF, War, RRR etc. 

Dont report "India" numbers for other films and then come and give a "worldwide" figure for Brahmastra. What nonsense yaa.

Maroonporsche thumbnail
Originally posted by: Medha_Sree

Budget estimated is 410 cr. excluding promotion n marketing costs . It must be included in total budget.

producer share + distribution share = hit r flop 

In a nutshell :

1. Gross BO Collection - This is the collective sum of the ticket value sold at the counter.

2. Net BO Collection - This is Gross BO minus entertainment tax.

3. Share - Usually refers to the distributor share from the Net BO Collection. This is usually near 50% of the Net box office collection.

Whenever the producer has to report the earnings to the media, he would prefer Gross over Net as it is an inflated figure to trick the public into believing that the movie is a hit. But for accounting purposes, Net BO is what is used.

Now comes the distributor share.

Usually, the producer of the movie would sell the rights of the movie to distributors across the country either for a lump sum or on a revenue sharing basis. In many cases, the producer might also own a distribution division which takes care of this in all major regions of the country. This the distributor share is partly or wholly what the makers of the film earn.

The distributor share in India are as follows:

Multiplexes:

Week 1 : 50%

Week 2: 42%

Week 3 : 37%

After Week 3 : 30%

The higher first week share is one of the reasons why distributors try to squeeze in as many screens as possible in the first week and push for a higher box office collection.

For single screens, its usually in the range of 70%. But it is common for single screens to pay a lump sum.

A movie as a rule of thumb requires to earn twice its production and marketing budget at the box office to break even and much higher to make a healthy profit.

https://twitter.com/biindia/status/1568178776743321601?s=46&t=9BTkhImLWbHuGTXsRwpGvg

they tricking through pr n inflating nos to establish it’s hit to get revenue n to less d losses 

Up until this last sentence I thought you got hacked 😂 

wat_up thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 4

I wish I could because I don’t lol . And personally don’t care too and just go by what others say or I read lol.