Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat

Saif shortchanged yet again? - Page 2

mz.gigglez thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 1 years ago

This content was originally posted by: Maharani69

The obsessiveness of Hrithik stans is really making me dislike him. Before this I was so indifferent to his existence. ðŸ˜†

right??? Lol 

Let the film release. 

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

desigal90 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4

Yeah Saif was definitely given the short end of the stick in the trailer, added in as an after thought but tbh, his character is more subtle so he wouldn't have come across as entertaining. I'm hoping in the movie it's different. Either way I don't mind because he's been doing so many negative roles, like in Tanhaji. And also is playing Ravan in Adipursh. So he'll have his moment to shine this year 

1t1svat1t1s thumbnail

This content was originally posted by: mintyblue

It's because Hrithik is a superstar and Saif is box-office poison.

They kept this fact in mind, and moulded the content accordingly.

Business-wise, it's an astute decision

This is the reason why BW is failing. Giving importance to the actor over the story.

When the OG VV was made Vijay was a smaller star than Madhavan but still got to play a role which has equal, if not more, importance than Madhavan’s role.  

If Hrithik is such a big star, he shouldn’t have a problem sharing the central stage with others. May be the makers are not too confident about it themselves hence the tweaking of the OG script to elevate him.

Shaitan-Haiwan thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 6

Kareena must be having a tantrum over this ðŸ˜† Yaadein Yaad Aati Hai

Maroonporsche thumbnail

Watch teh film and then see

mz.gigglez thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
This content was originally posted by: desigal90

Yeah Saif was definitely given the short end of the stick in the trailer, added in as an after thought but tbh, his character is more subtle so he wouldn't have come across as entertaining. I'm hoping in the movie it's different. Either way I don't mind because he's been doing so many negative roles, like in Tanhaji. And also is playing Ravan in Adipursh. So he'll have his moment to shine this year 

I was just thinking same, its better hes doing the good cop role instead. 

Edited by mz.gigglez - 1 years ago
ChanChanMan thumbnail
Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 6

I think they've "moulded" the trailer to cater to the actor who has a stronger fan base. I'm sure Saif plays an integral role in the film over all. 

Sharpener thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2

Said doesn’t have any box office power so it makes sense. 

HearMeRoar thumbnail
This content was originally posted by: mintyblue

It's because Hrithik is a superstar and Saif is box-office poison.

They kept this fact in mind, and moulded the content accordingly.

Business-wise, it's an astute decision

If they did that, the movie will fail. The story of Vikram Vedha in the original has both characters with equal importance, and that's one of the main reasons why it worked. 

In addition, Hrithik is the star, but Saif is magnitudes better an actor. The filmmakers are fools if they actually slanted the script in Hrithik's favor.

I'm hoping this is just about the trailer to draw audience in. 

Eta. Something to remember. A protag-antag story doesn't work if creator puts a thumb on the scale. A hero is only as good as the villain he defeats. 

Edited by HearMeRoar - 1 years ago
Talis thumbnail
Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 3 Thumbnail

Even in the original film Vedha is the juicer character which is why Hrithik chose to play him.  

The imbalance in the trailer is less about an unbalanced script but more about an imbalance in screen presence.  Also from the teaser and trailer Hrithik is seemingly making far more interesting and entertaining acting choices.

Saif has about as much screen time in the trailer as Hrithik  but with far less impact  Conversely, Radhika has about 7 seconds of screen time and does a lot with it..   Hopefully, Saif has more up his sleeve in the movie.  After all, it's only 2 minutes of a 2 hour film.