Aishwarya refused lead role in HNY because of Abhi's role

Posted: 1 years ago

Says a source close to the actress, “Yes, the film was offered to Aishwarya, and ideally she might have considered it, but the film also stars her hubby Abhishek Bachchan, and he isn’t paired opposite her. That was her reservation. She believes that if they come together in a film, they should be paired opposite each other, else the audience might reject the film.”

https://www.dnaindia.com/entertainment/report-the-real-reason-why-aishwarya-rai-bachchan-refused-to-do-happy-new-year-1830207

Edited by FlyOnTheWall - 1 years ago

Mai notice Kiya hu ke after wedding wo utna kaam nahi karti which is a travesty kyonki wo itna hardwork kiya apne career ko banane aur bhai ke sath fall out ke baad sustain karne ke liye

Agar Aishwarya ko lead role mil raha tha to Abhishek chhod sakta tha uska supporting role hi tha 

Bachchans are known for their patriarchal mindset, apne ghar ke girls ko movie business me nahi ane dete hain 

AB Sr bhi Abhishek ko itna praise karte hai lekin Aishwarya ki naya movie ko support nahi kar rahe 

The last line  cracked me up🐷- 

" She believes that if they come together in a film, they should be paired opposite each other, else the audience might reject the film.”

Nice joke aish🤣🤣 . You have good sense of humour.

ImageThank god ,she rejected this movie otherwise i would have never gone to the theatre for watching aish and Abhishek as a lead couple .

Edited by SunqianFan - 1 years ago

Originally posted by FlyOnTheWall

Mai notice Kiya hu ke after wedding wo utna kaam nahi karti which is a travesty kyonki wo itna hardwork kiya apne career ko banane aur bhai ke sath fall out ke baad sustain karne ke liye

Agar Aishwarya ko lead role mil raha tha to Abhishek chhod sakta tha uska supporting role hi tha 

Bachchans are known for their patriarchal mindset, apne ghar ke girls ko movie business me nahi ane dete hain 

AB Sr bhi Abhishek ko itna praise karte hai lekin Aishwarya ki naya movie ko support nahi kar rahe 

har ek muskurahat muskan nahi hoti 😆

Her thought process regarding the pairing is problematic and no different from bhagyashree who insisted on having her husband as her pair in all the films she worked on. Industry disposed her off quickly.. she was being delusional if she thought Shahrukh will exchange roles with Abhishek woh bhi uske khudke production mein  anyways Abhishek was entertaining in his part and Deepika aced mohini so all turned out to be ok at the end!

It would be Abhimaan type situation if Ash was paired opposite SRK and Abhishek was a mere supporting actor.

Ash did it to avoid awkwardness.

I do not know any celeb husband who is willing to play supporting role in a film where his celeb wife is main lead opposite another hero.

Originally posted by atominis

It would be Abhimaan type situation if Ash was paired opposite SRK and Abhishek was a mere supporting actor.

Ash did it to avoid awkwardness.

I do not know any celeb husband who is willing to play supporting role in a film where his celeb wife is main lead opposite another hero.

ranveer singh was the third wheel in padmavaat. I mean Deepika was casted with Shahid

Originally posted by SunqianFan

The last line  cracked me up🐷- 

" She believes that if they come together in a film, they should be paired opposite each other, else the audience might reject the film.”

Nice joke aish🤣🤣 . You have good sense of humour.

ImageThank god ,she rejected this movie otherwise i would have never gone to the theatre for watching aish and Abhishek as a lead couple .

The poor victim. Always supports her husband in everything. Her husband is all okay and friend with Salman who’s her domestic abuser and another ex of her Vivek who’s toxic and bad. Stays with Abhishek despite all this. Such a saint. 😆

Were they married when they signed for Padmavat? I doubt.

Also let us not compare with RS, DP who are both successful and RS has no baggage like Bachchans. So he is not as insecure of DP. He is not a flop actor. He had meatiest role in Padmavat and film was more about Khilji than Padmavati and Bhansali made Shahid and DPad look like supporting actors in front of Ranveer unlike HNY where Abhishek has nothing to do. 

Whereas Abhishek's own family is also ready to take offense on his behalf.

Edited by atominis - 1 years ago

Also in Padmavat Ranveer was lead anyway. He has the meatiest role. Not a fair comparison