Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat

Nepo kids who surpassed their relatives?

atominis thumbnail
Posted: 1 years ago

Okay, which nepo kids do you think, were/are really deserving and rather surpassed their relatives who were originally in industry?

For me, I think Sanjay Dutt is a far more charismatic and versatile actor than his dad Sunil Dutt (not to say he was any less, he was one of the best, but his son is, IMHO, a step ahead). I also feel Lolo and Bebo are far better actors than both their parents Randhir and Babita.

I feel Kajol is a far better actor and more charismatic than her mom Tanuja. Hrithik is way better than his dad Rakesh Roshan in every damn department, there is no comparison at all between dad and son.

I feel Raj Kapoor was a better filmmaker and producer than his dad Prithviraj Kapoor. I believe Karan Johar is a far more astute producer and filmmaker than his dad Yash Johar. Rohit Shetty and Ajay Devgan have surpassed their fathers as producers/filmmakers.

Mangeshkar siblings are all amazing and easily surpassed their dad who was originally in the industry. Sonu Nigam and Shaan also surpassed their dads who were originally in music industry. Kishore Kumar, I feel, is a bigger legend than his older brother Ashok Kumar, though singing and acting cannot be compared, but he was a worthy sibling and not someone useless tagging along like Sohail and Arbaaz who piggyback fame of Salman.

Which nepotism products do you feel are better than their relatives who were originally in the industry? 

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Guddu.Pandit thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 5

Harman Baweja Shirt Off GIF - Harman Baweja Shirt Off Love Story2050 GIFs

I Rewatched Dhoom 2 After 14 Years And I Have A Lot Of Questions To Ask The  Makers

Armaan Kohli sports Elvis Presleys Pompadour hairstyle - Page 7 | Bollywood  News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat

AageBadho thumbnail

Ekta Kapoor is the most successful and influential Nepo kid.

blue-ice.1 thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 5

I think Ranbir is a better actor than his parents.

Although Salim Uncle was a huge superstar in his time....but Salman's stardom is wayyyy bigger and huger.

Amir Khan's stardom is way bigger than his Dad...

Rani Mukherjee did way better than her Dad...

You have covered most of them...these are the ones that come to my mind right now...might add more later.

atominis thumbnail

I would disagree on Salim. Salim and Javed were king makers. Salim single handedly changed trends in filmmaking and careers of actors and actresses, trend of music and story telling with subjects he and Javed brought.

I would not say Salman surpassed sheer impact and trendsetting of his dad. His dad is an epoch maker and kingspin type. Salman has power primarily due to his dad. 

I agree on Rani. I disagree on Ranbir and I think Rishi is better than Ranbir though Ranbir has found more success as solo lead than his dad who was reduced to chhota bhai sidekick in AB films.

Shaitan-Haiwan thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 6

I think Janhvi Kapoor, Alia Bhatt, Ananya Pandey, Sara Ali Khan  Shanaya, Suhana, Khushi are all better than their parentsā€¦. at being stupid.

I_M_SultaN thumbnail

Originally posted by: atominis

I would disagree on Salim. Salim and Javed were king makers. Salim single handedly changed trends in filmmaking and careers of actors and actresses, trend of music and story telling with subjects he and Javed brought.

I would not say Salman surpassed sheer impact and trendsetting of his dad. His dad is an epoch maker and kingspin type. Salman has power primarily due to his dad. 

I agree on Rani. I disagree on Ranbir and I think Rishi is better than Ranbir though Ranbir has found more success as solo lead than his dad who was reduced to chhota bhai sidekick in AB films.

šŸ¤£

wonder y sohail n  arbaaz dnt posses such power coz of daddy salim lol 

atominis thumbnail

They do. This is why they became producers and filmmakers if not actors and the whole family is powerful and well connected thanks to Salim Khan. Salim is also the most politically astute and well linked man of his family and the main reason why Salman gets away with his controversies, cases and brawls. Salman has achieved stardom on his own charisma but his dad's backing is a huge reason why he is where he is and bounced back despite flop patch and serious controversies against him and his bad relations with media. 

vcs17 thumbnail
Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 2

Raveena tandon

Ranbir I disagree, Rishi withstood the AB era and  has proved his versatility far more even in senior roles, Ranbir has a long way to go 

Tabu has reached close to the stature of a shabana azmi 

ajay devgan 

vicky kaushal 

RD Burman (reached SD Burman's level or more)

Anu Malik 

Anand Milind

NINALOGY thumbnail

Shahid Kapoor

Sharadha Kapoor 

Kareena Kapoor 

Rani Mukherjee