Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

x.titli.x thumbnail
Posted: 1 years ago
Originally posted by: BlackWitch

This happened to me as well - thrice! 😢 Someone read all the raw, unfiltered emotions I had written in my diaries as a teenager and then mocked me over it. I was just mortified and shattered 😞 

So, I created an online diary with a password (diary.com, I think) and wrote there whenever I felt overwhelmed. It really gave me a huge peace of mind. Hoping this helps you too ❤️

Sending you a tight hug🤗❤️

BrhannadaArmour thumbnail
Posted: 1 years ago

https://www.indiaforums.com/forum/post/162313277

Originally posted by: BlackWitch

Oh oh, looks like someone forgot their meds again 🫣

No one should be shamed for taking medication to deal with mental illness, or for being mentally ill. It's not a choice or a defect of character.

Even a mentally ill person, prone to irrational outbursts, might say something cogent on occasion. So, I make a conscious effort to respond to what people say, not to who they are, and never to put them in their places by calling them uneducated, ill-bred, unintelligent, mentally ill or whatever.

I post my opinions with full awareness that those who find their actions criticized will take it personally and look for any excuse to dismiss me as a person because they can't rebut my points.

If someone imagines me to be mentally ill, dependent on medication, or whatever, that doesn't diminish my self-esteem. However, reading those mocking words, bullying people who take meds to keep quiet or face ridicule, could hurt anyone on the internet who has found the courage to accept mental illness and take medication every day.

I have a responsibility to speak out against that harm as publicly as possible, at any cost.