Ranveer says people tell him n vicky that their wives r out of their - Page 8

Posted: 1 years ago
Originally posted by BirdieNumNum

am feeling bad for Assman now. Rula diya. 😛That can't be a nice feeling- that his wife is out of his league. Well, there's a remedy. He can cut down on his chichora panti. That might help him narrow the gap. Where there's a will, there's a way😛😆

LOL dream on, darling!

Originally posted by BlackWitch

If I had to be mean, I would say the reverse is true for Vicky-Kat đŸ˜¶ She is an ageing star, who has already lost a large part of her stardom and has been on the wane for a long while now.

All her plastic modifications are very visible on the face these days. They have been from the days of Jagga Jasoos, which I saw in the theatre. Couldn’t take my eyes off the horror that was unfolding on the big screen on Kat’s otherwise pretty face.

Embarrassed Exit Strategy GIF

Edited by SassyPoet - 1 years ago
Originally posted by vcs17

I hate this phrase "out of your league", people like and marry each other, unless the other person is a down and out criminal, gone to the dogs, alocoholi, abuser or something in which case you say "wrong  choice" but what exactly is out of your league. 

you like/love somebody get married, thats it. also this out of your league thing is so based on physical appearance, who knows how the character is, tons of other factors make a marriage work not looks.

this fake building up your spouse maybe to look women friendly or feminist is not believable

i will any day beleive a suriya, mahesh, anil kapoor or ritesh who genuinely talk about their wives being their biggest strength and support 

👏👏👏

Vicky ke liye mai maan skti hu, but Ranveer toh cutie hai â€ïž

this whole marrying out of your league thing has a very competitive connotation, like marriage is some jackpot and you won some prize beating everyone (think alia, which is very sad), basically marriage is to generate envy in others like i got placed in xyz  company with so many perks, look at you losers with your ugly spouses, now envy me

in real world  I have seen people (especially the elderly ones) say so and so got lucky and has married well, bade khushnaseeb hain, acchi dulhan/dulha mil gaya, ghar bas gaya type đŸ€Ł

this out of league I have never heard

WUT?! Literally everyone uses the phrase “out of league.” It’s incredibly common. You might not agree with it & neither do I, but it’s actually how most people think. Or atleast a very large majority, even if they don’t say it out loud. The politer term to this is “marrying well.” Can mean anything from socioeconomic status (usually is this) to marrying someone extraordinarily good-looking (like B Jr & RS have done) to a combination of this + various other factors. đŸ˜† 

Originally posted by Mallika-E-Bhais

WUT?! Literally everyone uses the phrase “out of league.” It’s incredibly common. You might not agree with it & neither do I, but it’s actually how most people think. Or atleast a very large majority, even if they don’t say it out loud. The politer term to this is “marrying well.” Can mean anything from socioeconomic status (usually is this) to marrying someone extraordinarily good-looking (like B Jr & RS have done) to a combination of this + various other factors. đŸ˜† 

I wrote a follow up post where I said the same ppl say "marrying well, a good marriage" and in those cases it is mostly more holistic (one can argue whether that is right or wrong, I think it is more grey) and as you said is based on socio-economic factors (job, education, family, money and looks) and not just looks as as it is in this case. 

also just bragging that you have hit the jackpot (or a trophy wife) with a "look at me I am so lucky" is tasteless and different from outsiders saying you have married well.  

example:  "marrying well"  a large majority will say is sriram nene or even a abhishek, but here it is only looks, which is why a vicky is not seen as a catch

I wrote a follow up post where I said the same ppl say "marrying well, a good marriage" and in those cases it is mostly more holistic (one can argue whether that is right or wrong, I think it is more grey) and as you said is based on socio-economic factors (job, education, family, money and looks) and not just looks as as it is in this case. 

also just bragging that you have hit the jackpot (or a trophy wife) with a "look at me I am so lucky" is tasteless and different from outsiders saying you have married well.  

example:  "marrying well"  a large majority will say is sriram nene or even a abhishek, but here it is only looks, which is why a vicky is not seen as a catch

Well “marrying well” means very different things to different people. I believe Juhi C, Gayatri Oberoi (totally from the outside ofc!) “married extremely well.” But who knows what their lives really are like. But then I too am making a superficial observation/opinion am I not. So yes, differs from person to person. 

I think we all are reading too deep into RS’ statement. With DP it isn’t only b/c she’s extremely beautiful, it’s also she’s super-successful + a superstar. She had her pick of the choicest of men & proposals yet she chose RS- - A completely average looking man. And RS has been incredibly consistent in flaunting her & his relationship with her & you know what, I had rather take this than most other BW actors who are dismissive & look semi-annoyed  or are plain indifferent with/towards their wives (*cough Ajay Devgn,  RK *cough) 

I think he’s extremely proud of her & loves flaunting he “married outside his league.” đŸ˜† Let’s let the fellow live.

Edited by Mallika-E-Bhais - 1 years ago
Originally posted by Mallika-E-Bhais

Well “marrying well” means very different things to different people. I believe Juhi C, Gayatri Oberoi (totally from the outside ofc!) “married extremely well.” But who knows what their lives really are like. But then I too am making a superficial observation/opinion am I not. So yes, differs from person to person. 

I think we all are reading too deep into RS’ statement. With DP it isn’t only b/c she’s extremely beautiful, it’s also she’s super-successful + a superstar. She had her pick of the choicest of men & proposals yet she chose RS- - A completely average looking man. And RS has been incredibly consistent in flaunting her & his relationship with her & you know what, I had rather take this than most other BW actors who are dismissive & look semi-annoyed  or are plain indifferent with/towards their wives (*cough Ajay Devgn,  RK *cough) 

I think he’s extremely proud of her & loves flaunting he “married outside his league.” đŸ˜† Let’s let the fellow live.

let's agree to disagree, i find it tacky and the comparison for me is not an ajay or rk but probably somebody who is balanced like suriya or anil kapoor 

as for what marriages are like inside, yes we will never know and that is true for everything we comment on here, giving opinions on everything we see  đŸ˜†

People are right about Vicky-Kat.😊 I think the same about Ranbir-Alia as well.