Posted: 1 years ago

Originally posted by roni_berna

Spoilers:

While explaining the case to Sargun in the police station, Akshay did not mention that the magician was mute but the male police inspector mentioned it. 

The girls were twins and yet not in the same class when Akshay came over to explain how to deal in a crisis situation. 

The killer having progeria too did not match up with the height, age and his strength.

These things did not make sense. Rest the movie was so much better than other movies of Akshay and it had a good suspense story in the end.

I didn't notice the first one

I don't know how classes work in India but in my secondary school the twins would be in different classes for the same year 

In the original film he had progeria too so they copied that here 

Yes it was definitely better than other Akshay movies

It would have worked better if it was done by an younger actor like Ayushman Khurana. The protagonist in the original is an inexperienced rookie. 

My Review:

Film is just OK for me. This is now predictable in all suspense thriller films and series. There is nothing exceptional about this film. I am a bit disappointed with Akshay. Why did he do this film if he wasn't going to bring his A-Game into the film. After watching, I am sure Rajkummar Rao or Ayushman Khurana would have done the same role with ease. Even more disappointing was the fact that I liked Rajkummar Rao's HIT film's character having more substance, his own style, way of dressing up in particular manner, hair style, and to my surprise, that guy has done some action. That is what you call bringing life to a character, which Akki couldn't do here.

Sargun did an epic performance. She owned Akki in some scenes. Kickass, well deserve one. Rakul didn't have much but was OK at whichever time she got.

The villain was Jhandu. The director couldn't do justice to this character, no fear, no negative element due to which you feel disgust. Just the graphical representations of the girl's body was a bit disturbing, nothing else.

Overall, just 2/5 for me.

Originally posted by Guddu.Pandit

My Review:

Film is just OK for me. This is now predictable in all suspense thriller films and series. There is nothing exceptional about this film. I am a bit disappointed with Akshay. Why did he do this film if he wasn't going to bring his A-Game into the film. After watching, I am sure Rajkummar Rao or Ayushman Khurana would have done the same role with ease. Even more disappointing was the fact that I liked Rajkummar Rao's HIT film's character having more substance, his own style, way of dressing up in particular manner, hair style, and to my surprise, that guy has done some action. That is what you call bringing life to a character, which Akki couldn't do here.

Sargun did an epic performance. She owned Akki in some scenes. Kickass, well deserve one. Rakul didn't have much but was OK at whichever time she got.

The villain was Jhandu. The director couldn't do justice to this character, no fear, no negative element due to which you feel disgust. Just the graphical representations of the girl's body was a bit disturbing, nothing else.

Overall, just 2/5 for me.

Guddu pls watch the original ratsasan if u want to see epic performances by everyone not in this 2rs version remake.

didnt like the ending!!!

The film was good if we compare it with the recent Akshay movies and his acting too was not bad. I feel he acts better in serious roles than comedy roles. 

The story was interesting. However I didn't like the ending. After watching this movie I read the story of the Tamil movie and I realized they changed the climax and the ending in the Tamil movie was much better than this.

Rakul and Sargun had nothing much to do but they were good in whatever opportunity they got to perform. I guess it's high time bollywood stops glamorizing school teachers who hardly get even 10K per month in most of the schools. 

Spoilers ahead. One scene that stood out for me was when the pedophile teacher was molesting his student in the classroom and on the other hand the magic show was going on. That scene was so symbolic. One evil person is already hunting down his prey and the other evil person is searching for his new prey and finds her. There's one thing that didn't make sense to me that how can 15-16 year old girls get into the car of a woman they hardly know. They only know that the lady is a magician and had come to their school. I don't think that can be a strong reason for them to get into a car of a woman who they know nothing about. At least that much maturity they should have. I found Akshay's niece's kidnapping quite dumb. She was standing in front of her house and this lady asks her to get into the car and she doesn't even think she should ask for her parents or uncle's permission before leaving with that lady. 🙄 

The movie is just one time watch and I am glad the makers took the right decision by releasing it on OTT instead of theaters because the movie wouldn't have fared well in BO.

OTT is the curse of Bollywood.

Having seen Ratchasan I couldn’t tolerate this movie for more than 15 mins and I like Akshay Kumar in most of his movies..//

I saw the Tamil version of Ready (Salman movie) in OTT with Dhanush a day back and realised what a crap Ready was and how hilarious and awesome actor Dhanush is. I recommend it as a must watch… And Tamil version of Kick with Jayam Ravi again the same realisation of what a pile of garbage Kick is compared to the original.

No more wasting money on Bollywood copycrap I will watch originals only hence forth

Originally posted by Chiillii

Having seen Ratchasan I couldn’t tolerate this movie for more than 15 mins and I like Akshay Kumar in most of his movies..//

I saw the Tamil version of Ready (Salman movie) in OTT with Dhanush a day back and realised what a crap Ready was and how hilarious and awesome actor Dhanush is. I recommend it as a must watch… And Tamil version of Kick with Jayam Ravi again the same realisation of what a pile of garbage Kick is compared to the original.

No more wasting money on Bollywood copycrap I will watch originals only hence forth

Actually both Ready (with Ram) and Kick (with Raviteja) were first made in telugu and later remade in Tamil...Please do watch in Telugu

Ratsasan is originally from Tamil though and later remade in Telugu as Rakshasudu (still good)

I think the thriller portions of the movie had more substances (nothing extraordinary, so good decision to release the movie on OTT platform) --- Akshay's role had more meat wherein he investigates the case as the SI & the loss of Arjan's niece to the situation which compelled him to further investigate & not let any other daughter become the target's next victim. Portions with typical cliches between Divya & Arjan were boring to witness. Sargun excelled in her role as senior police officer --- felt more acting prowess between her and Akshay. Actor playing the magician villain was too lame in comparison to the original version of the movie. Ending just felt too typical & boring. Rakul's role didn't have much meat tbh except for probably bringing in her observations which aid in the case. 

Originally posted by Chiillii

the actual originals of both kick and ready are telugu 

though I agree the remakes in hindi are atrocious