Posted: 1 years ago

I had to create this post . I resisted myself coz every time I say something against her, ppl would drag Rani but I can’t stop myself now .

What’s so special about her performance in Sherni that she won over parineeti ? I mean I know how filmfare works and that’s why I am bummed . It’s all about being the editors personal favorite. Over the years , that has been the case . Vidya was even given the award for kahaani over Sridevi’s English Vinglish and PC’s best performance till date in Barfi. Plus let’s not forget how Alia got awarded for her 15 1/2 minute role in Gully Boy and Hamjol for her screechfests like K3G and MNIK ( again for her 14 1/2 role) .

Vidya is a good actress, no one is denying but personally I find her range very limited. I see Vidya balan in every movie and not the character . It’s not an entirely new person . Same stoic and somber expressions. 

Now , I will join the boycott gang in erasing Bollywood (sans Brahmastra) as these ppl will not stop at any cost . Nothing will change in them . Our hairs will turn gray as the years pass by . Better to make some films flop atleast . 

I also think they don’t want to give award to parineeti as this might seem like a sign of resurgence of Alia’s only competition(actually better in every way than her) who is pretty much inconsequential right now.

Also , Nude clown Bhavani won a popular best actor award for a flop film.. first of its kind as GOT fans would say .. gave a caricaturish performance..but has great sucking up qualities .. Siddy deserved it this time as his film was a lot more acclaimed and popular .. 

And don’t complain about siddy’s acting .. in the past .. my own fav SRK has won for some cringeworthy performances where he hammed from the first floor to the nineteenth .. I was a kid back then and cheered for him but now I am not and even though he’s my favorite, I have the sense to say that he won those awards as he’s the editor jitty kitty’s favorite crush .. Jitty kitty is Karen’s darling friend and these  award discussions happen in their kitty parties with Manish in tow .. and every bachha knows that Ranveer is their latest thirst trap toy boy .. 

Edited by MrChatVsNorway - 1 years ago

Vidya's Kahaani was an outlier and trendsetter in its true sense. It won critical acclaim and made money at BO. Vidya's performance was unanimously appreciated. I think she deservedly won all awards that year.

It's all subjective. I personally don't understand the rave reviews for Parineeti's epic "performance" in Sandeep Aur Pink Faraar?🤔

That film was good OVERALL and it was a team effort. Even Arjun Kapoor looked like a seasoned actor in that film. I don't think Pari did anything "that" special in the film. (I'm not saying she was bad)

Sridevi's English Vinglish has aged like fine fine, but trust me... it didn't receive the love it deserved from the audience at the time of its release. The film came into its own much after its release.

As far as Filmfare is concerned, they lost their credibility years ago.

Edited by diasingh2 - 1 years ago
Originally posted by diasingh2

Vidya's Kahaani was an outlier and trendsetter in its true sense. It won critical acclaim and made money at BO. Vidya's performance was unanimously appreciated. I think she deservedly won all awards that year.

It's all subjective. I personally don't understand the rave reviews for Parineeti's epic "performance" in Sandeep Aur Pink Faraar?🤔

That film was good OVERALL and it was a team effort. Even Arjun Kapoor looked like a seasoned actor in that film. I don't think Pari did anything "that" special in the film. (I'm not saying she was bad)

Sridevi's English Vinglish has aged like fine fine, but trust me... it didn't receive the love it deserved from the audience at the time of its release. The film came into its own much after its release.

As far as Filmfare is concerned, they lost their credibility years ago.

Yes, it lost its credibility but still rant post to banta hai 

It's the same with Shefali Shah these days. The woman just does the big jutting eye act in every movie and gets claps from the so called critics. In Darling her face was stiff due to fillers and other procedures, she could barely move her lips and social media pundits were like Wah! Kya acting kiye hai Shefali ne!

Edited by dumpehathauda - 1 years ago
Originally posted by dumpehathauda

It's the same with Shefali Shah these days. The woman just does the big jutting eye act in every movie and gets clap from the so called critics. In Darling her face was stiff due to fillers and other procedures, she could barely move her lips and social media pundits were like Wah! Kya acting kiye hai Shefali ne!

I wish I could give you award like Reddit  muh ki baat mine , you explained so articulately . These women get advantage of being overweight and wearing sarees : Symbol of Women empowerment it seems :) 

Originally posted by dumpehathauda

It's the same with Shefali Shah these days. The woman just does the big jutting eye act in every movie and gets clap from the so called critics. In Darling her face was stiff due to fillers and other procedures, she could barely move her lips and social media pundits were like Wah! Kya acting kiye hai Shefali ne!

this I agree,

I also think vidya has become repetitive, kahaani,  parineeta etc there was difference now all look the same 

i think seeing all these nepo kids non actors ananya, jhanvi etc ppl are applauding eveything these others who are good actors do as great work 

for me Tabu's BB2 is being applauded for the same reason (not not denying tabu is a good actress)

look back at the past, tabu in chandni bar, kangana in a queen or tanu weds manu,  rani in aiyaa, manisha in dil se,  vidya in a parineeta or kahaani ... list goes on no current performance is close  to those 

none of these current performances will stand test of time 

anyday ott shows like panchayat, mirzapur have much better acting by neena gupta, rasika duggal etc

Edited by vcs17 - 1 years ago

The way Parineeti has been stifled and suppressed. Karan ki gunda gardi nahi chalegi nahi chalegi. 🤢

Agree Sherni was not award worthy. Parineeti deserved it but I guess her film wasn't very successful so may be that's why? Having said that even Sherni would have flopped if it released at the BO instead of OTT.

I personally didn’t find Vidya that great in Kahaani. For me it was the story and thrill that worked. Her performance was not award worthy