Iss Pyaar Ko Kya Naam Doon

Did anyone dislike Anjali or Payal?

Ravrair thumbnail
Posted: 1 years ago

I’m thinking of this one FF I read on wattpad a few years back…where Anjali and Payal are blamed for Shyam’s actions. Arnav and Khushi kicks out Anjali from RM & Akash divorces Payal.

I hated that FF. But so many commenters said they always disliked Anjali and Payal, so they were happy the FF treated them poorly.

I never had an issue with them, but I’m curious what everyone’s thoughts are.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Loveforworld thumbnail
Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 2 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

I personally never liked anjali. She had no concept of boundaries, especially when she forced khushi to tutor lavanya. The character was written as emotional but came out as a delusional fool. What she needed was a therapist, not mollycoddling. 

Savera84 thumbnail

Because Anjali was a parallel lead, she was given more screen space, more dialogues and beautiful costumes, but there is no character depth or growth.

In one moment she says with dreamy eyes that "this is my brother's first holi after his marriage" and couple of hours later says "he never plays holi".  Then why exactly did she make the first statement, I have no idea.

How common is it for a husband to run after other women in the house to apply colours before applying colour on his own wife who woke up with him, got dressed and standing right in front him? It is not like Anjali's pregnancy is stopping people from applying colour, because couple of hours later, she ended up with colour on her face. 

If he is keeping Anjali pristine until the actual celebration, then it should apply to other members of the family too, right?

One day she says rather demands that Arnav must go to a Darga to fulfil her Mannat because it was for his well being.

Some other day she says, "what can we do Buaji, sorry, my brother doesn't believe in rituals aka tying the raksha dhaga".  As far as we know, even Buaji wants to tie the raksha dhaga for Arnav's well being only.

That is Anjali for us.  She kept on giving contradictory statements throughout the show.  She has one set of rules for Arnav and another set of rules for Shyam.

So, yes I don't like Anjali.

Payal was good at the beginning, but she turned into a meek bahu after she got married.  She only woke up once during the confrontation with Shyam.

By the way, which story were you talking about?

Give me the name and also the site name where you read it.  I will search for it on Google.

Cheers..

Edited by Savera84 - 1 years ago
blahhhh thumbnail
Anniversary 2 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

I liked anjali pre kidnapping,she was sweet and cute and empathetic.They spoiled her later,I think the original characterization deserved a better trajectory.I think she was capable of being strong,at least not as pathetic as she was shown to be.

I liked payal too,except that bit when she kind of got angry at khushi coz akash was being such a loser.But ok,she is allowed to get frustrated.For that she redeemed herself a bit when she told akash during arshi's remarriage tamasha that she wouldn't return home.But payal got less importance than anjali,of course.I would have liked to see more of her,and I think her and khushi's scenes came out more naturally than arnav-anjali's.Arnav anjali's had a tendency of being soppy.

SimiSays thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 8

Anjali was mollycoddled a little too much.

Of course, she started off as a naive woman, who blindly trusts her husband and is completely dependent on her brother. 

But as episodes progressed, it felt like there was no growth in her character, when as a woman, you do have some instincts if something's going wrong with your spouse. For her, forget instincts, even practical cues ever rang a bell.

Plus the fact that she kept lending money to Shyam--money, which she didn't earn and was practically all Arnav's (her brother's), just comes across as too selfish on her part.

If I look at it from a fresh pair of eyes, if Shyam wasn't even evil, him and his wife (Anjali) were anyway practically mooching off of Arnav's money.

Post-kidnapping track, it also felt like she had not much impact with her beloved brother's kidnapping but rather she was all about why is everyone doing this to my Shyaam Ji?

It was extremely disappointing.

And the worst part is it doesn't end there. Who can forget how she would start sulking the moment she would see Arnav spending time with Khushi?

By that point she literally gave a delusional woman vibe, who would get jealous and upset seeing her brother with his wife!

Coming to Payal, was she even relevant in the show at all?

She became way too timid after marriage and would not really make much of a difference in any way.

I'd have wanted her to be more vocal when Shyaam was being exposed during the kidnapping track, but by then her character development had been so bad, that she didn't really make a mark.

Ravrair thumbnail

I don’t remember the name, I’m sorry :( I just remember it was on Wattpad. I read it a few years ago. I got an intrusive thought about it recently and couldn’t get it out of my head — that’s why I posted here