Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

ALUJNA21 thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 8
Posted: 1 years ago

Congrats hope they focus on Kaju and Neil more.

Sutapasima thumbnail
Originally posted by: la_Reine

Congrats! the good thing about this channel so far is that they don't worry about TRPs. But still I hope this show manages to get higher trps soon

I wonder why shows with such good content fail to get the numbers. Fresh youthful leads, fresh story line .. such sweet romance … pure entertainment 

Viswasruti thumbnail

Nice thread. Congratulations to the serial team for the completion of 100 episodes. β­οΈ

MochaQueen thumbnail
Originally posted by: Sutapasima

I wonder why shows with such good content fail to get the numbers. Fresh youthful leads, fresh story line .. such sweet romance … pure entertainment 

Timeslot obviouslyπŸ˜†

aekiel thumbnail
Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 14 Thumbnail + 6
Originally posted by: la_Reine

Congrats! the good thing about this channel so far is that they don't worry about TRPs. But still I hope this show manages to get higher trps soon

Wouldn't quite say that- SGP2 was on this very channel and got axed quickly.

It's probably a mix of various things- the channel might now be slightly flexible given that almost all of their shows are hovering in the 0.1-0.2 range, but they might want revised terms with the PH (lesser $$ literally) and if the PH doesn't agree to the budget change (some of the shows have some fairly well known actors and they might not come cheap), the show might get canned.

Edited by aekiel - 1 years ago
MochaQueen thumbnail
Originally posted by: aekiel

Wouldn't quite say that- SGP2 was on this very channel and got axed quickly.

It's probably a mix of various things- the channel might now be slightly flexible given that almost all of their shows are hovering in the 0.1-0.2 range, but they might want revised terms with the PH (lesser $$ literally) and if the PH doesn't agree to the budget change (some of the shows have some fairly well known actors and they might not come cheap), the show might get canned.

But that was before the revamp

I think currently they are more focused on promoting their channel rather than trps, hence they brought in popular actors like Karan Wahi and Iqbal Khan

Nush_Rat thumbnail
Visit Streak 750 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail + 7
Originally posted by: Sutapasima

I guess there are a lot of external factors but at the end I'd blame the audience for not appreciating better content. 

To be completely honest, it's difficult to come up with something fresh. If it were that easy, people wouldn't stress much on uniqueness.

However, based on my own experience, the 3-4 shows that I felt were made with extreme care and were really good were either shelved due to low TRP or were eventually ruined in the pursuit of higher TRP.

About GSMI also I have seen the opinion that it's nothing new, pahadi girl - shaheri boy, Imlie has already done that then why should we invest time in it?

But then again there is a particular show in SB itself right now which follows the typical angry young man trope. Still it has more buzz.

No matter what people say, at the end of the day they still pick gimmicks over good storytelling. Perhaps that's why a show where a boy isn't bare chested half the time and a girl despite her typical FL characteristics is somehow relatable - don't get the appreciation it deserves.

And of course, the makers are to be blamed here too because they are blindly following these tropes and alleging audience for liking s**t but hardly any maker sticks by their own creation.

Otherwise I don't think in GSMI itself Pari's character would take such a drastic flip and lose its charm despite having the maximum screen space. πŸ₯±

kavya1994 thumbnail

Congratulations on completing 100 episodes πŸ₯³

dhun.laagi thumbnail

Congratulations template Vectors & Illustrations for Free Download | Freepikcelebration GIF by Primark-downsized - BookSparksγŠγ‚γ§γ¨γ† おη₯γ„ Sticker - γŠγ‚γ§γ¨γ† おη₯γ„ クラッカー Stickers

To the entire cast and crew of the show. Kudos on entertaining the audience for 100 episodes πŸ₯³