Celebrity Fan Clubs

~~~~Ektaz fan club~~~website added pg 13

Posted: 17 years ago

[URL="[/URL" target="_blank" rel="nofollow">[/URL" target="_blank" rel="nofollow">[/URL'>http://www.123glitter.com"][/URL]

welcome to the queen of soaps fanclub i realised shes not got one when searching so has a big fan decided to start one for the one and only ektaji!! whos my inspiration Big smile

shes big inspiration to everyone to have acheived so much a young age Clap a very succesful production house balaji which not gives new talent chance find best talent best find today has got to be prachi desai

Apart from that shes a very religious personClap who has a strong faith...Ektaz a very good at her job running all these shows though her image has been somewhat different shes just expects 100% of everyone who joins ...she is very loyal to people close to her...and very strong as well.....very good at what she does.

Inportant stats

D.0.B : June 7th 1975 - makes her a geminiWink

Daughter of Jeetendra and brothers thushar kapoor

Shows and films: Television Productions

Kahaani Ghar Ghar Kii Kahiin To Hoga Karam Apnaa Apnaa Kasamh Se Kasautii Zindagii Kay Kesar Kyaa Hoga Nimmo Kaa Kyunki Saas Bhi Kabhi Bahu Thi Thodi Si Zameen Thoda Sa Aasmaan khwaabo mein karz apna apna khel game khel
  • kayamath - new show Tongue

[edit] Past Productions

Ghar Ek Mandir Hum Paanch Itihaas K. Street Pali Hill Kaahin Kissii Roz Kaarthika Kab Kaisey Kahaan Kabhii Soutan Kabhii Sahelii Kahani Terrii Merrii Kahi To Milenge Kaisa Ye Pyar Hai Kalash Kamal Kandy Floss Kanyadaan Karam Karma Kashti Kavita Kavyanjali Kayaamat King - Aassman Ka Ek Raja Kitni Mast Hai Zindagi Kkehna Hai Kuch Mujhko Kkusum Kkoi Dil Mein Hai Kohi Apna Sa Koshish... Ek Aashaa Kosmiic Chat Kuch Jhuki Palke Kuch Khona Hai Kuch Pana Hai Kundali Kutumb Kya Hadsaa Kya Haqeeqat Kyaa Kahein kaho naa kushaneha kathi meethi chat with sharan ketan kushal kya raaz hai kanak kii kashisha kyun kajal kya yehi pyaar hai kismat ka kalyug kunal karan kya raaz hai karo apna jaadoo kanya kaha phasgya sharan kahani bahu kii kumar aur kushboo kya pyaar hai kahani parivaar kii koyal kritika kal kya hoga komal kalpana keshvi katil kiran khwaab kahiin pyaar hai kehti ho tumse kasak karvachaut kya mujhe pyaar hai komelta ya khotar k' it's magic kabh dulhan ghar aaygi karni kabhi door mat jao mutse kya dosti hai meri kyon ki mein bhi biwi no.1 thi kash kaisa hai kushia ya dukhia kya kehna kuch to samjho naa kushyal koi tumsa nahiin kwaish khamoshiyo kunwara aur kunwari kartik ka kaaya
  • kavach

[edit] Film Productions

Kyaa Hot Hai Hum (2007/8) Koi Aap Sa (2005) Kyaa Kool Hai Hum (2005)
  • Krishna Cottage (2004)
    Kucch To Hai (2003) ... aka There Must Be Something (International: English title) Kyo Kii... Main Jhuth Nahin Bolta (2001) kyaa(2006) kurukshetra(2006)
  • kakisa(2006)

(http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ekta_Kapoor)

all i wanna end on is that her image has been ruined am sure shes nothing like the tyrant made out to be unless needed  ...she is really sweet anyways hope you guys join up. May her k forumla keep working and more success.....i am now calling myself her angel Embarrassedwhere ever shes discussed or disrespected more likelyLOL i will be there...none fans feel free to post i am prepared to discuss Wink what you have to say!

Jai jai ekta maa Big smile from her no1 fan!

A exclusive interview koffee with karan:

http://www.india-forums.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=413985&K W=ekta+koffee

Links on this thread not sure if video can be posted or not so people can go there to watch Big smile

Ektas interview on cnn Clap was great to watch even went on set and nice interview.

http://www.cnn.com/2007/WORLD/asiapcf/03/27/talkasia.kapoor. script/index.html?section=cnn_latest

Her website set up by moi

http://www.freewebs.com/ekta_kapoor/index.htm

[/URL" title="Edit section: Film Productions" target="_blank" rel="nofollow">[/URL" title="Edit section: Film Productions" target="_blank" rel="nofollow">[/URL'>

Interview section:

I hand picked best interviews of hers hope you guys see what i see thats sooo great :

< = src="http://www.indiantelevision.com/js/dropmenu.js">
 Home  

Interview with Balaji Telefilms' creative director Ekta Kapoor

"It would be foolish if I switched to some other track and allowed my competitors to perform a dance of victory on an empty field"

Posted on 29 May 2003

Late into her teens, she was only known as Jeetendra's daughter. Today, she has her own identity - as Ekta Kapoor, the creative head of Balaji Telefilms. She started off when she was just 17. Since then, she has worked, eaten and slept only television - thinking of concepts, casting, styling, selecting technicians, shooting and scheduling, marketing and acquiring the new skills required to succeed.

This 27-year old entrepreneur is a Jeetendra-Shobha product biologically and a Bombay Scottish School one academically. Later, she joined Mithibai College, but lazed around aimlessly. She did not believe in hard work and excellence in academics, unlike her brother Tusshar who wept even when he secured 96 per cent marks! Trying her luck, she hung around the shoots of Kailash Surendranath, the ad and feature filmmaker - but to no avail. Seeing his daughter's predicament, papa Jeetendra came to his daughter's rescue. Men are more attached to their daughters than sons, and Jeetendra is no exception.

Jeetendra advised TV-serial production and offered her money for the same. Realising the worth of her father's contribution and concern, she got down to business. She made six pilots and three episodes for each pilot, running up a bill of nearly Rs 5 million. All of them were rejected. His daughter being the most prized possession in his world, the doting father asked her not to lose heart and offered her more money to try again. And then… Hum Paanch happened.

Success changed her completely. She began craving for more, open to improvement and determined to make it to the top. Today, Balaji is no more a private limited enterprise but a public limited company. And no prizes for guessing how much sweat, toil and labour the largest and youngest single producer of television software in the history of India's entertainment industry has put in! You can definitely put a few bucks on her dream of making Balaji the biggest content provider in India!

Not so long ago, she was chosen to head the Confederation of Indian Industries' (CII) entertainment committee. She is a Society achiever and The Best Entrepreneur of the Year 2001, apart from being the proud recepient of quite a few Indian Telly Awards in the last two years.

My gut feeling tells me that she has her real life role all sewn up. Despite being in the thick controversies off and on, she has never been at a loss of words - at least with me.

The calm and collected spirit has always been evident in her since I first set eyes on this neat little brown-haired girl. One word from her secretary to her that Vickey Lalwani is waiting to meet her and she comes almost running out to welcome me in. Dressed in a black T-shirt and blue jeans, she does not change my impression of her. I am, to say the least, glad. No prizes for guessing why! This time too, she is not going to be at a loss of words! Excerpts from our chatathon-

Where have you been? Long time no interviews, no quotes from your side in any section of the media?
Oh, just around (smiles). You know how it is when you decide to make a movie. My third production (untitled as yet) directed by Santaram Varma is just completed. It stars Sohail Khan, Isha Koppikar, Anita (Natasha) and Rati Agnihotri.

Why no Tusshar in it?
You couldn't avoid that one, could you (grins)? If I take him in every movie, people will say that he is there because it is his home production. If I don't take him in every movie, people start floating shitty stories against us. It is amusing. To tell you the truth, my last film Kucch To Hai was a thriller. This one also has some similar elements of thrill. Is there any sense in giving him a similar role again? Tusshar is an ocean of talent. His best is yet to come. Shortly, I am going to announce one or two awesome projects with him. That would silence the wagging tongues, I hope.

Why are most of your serials in keeping with "the country's cultural values"?
Most of the rich people do not need values, most of the poor do not have time for them. Hence, middle class values are what my serials are about. These middle-class values are incidentally in keeping with the cultural ethos of the country. As far as I am concerned, economically I belong to the high class, but morally to the middle class. If I know you correctly, you may be prompted to ask me why I made Kyunki... trotting out quotable quotes faster than popcorn from a popcorn machine. At that time, there were a lot of extramarital serials coming on air.

I wanted to make a serial about a family that lived together. I wanted to make a serial around what I do not have. There are four of us in the house - we saw our cousins only on holidays. I missed us all living together. I created realism by creating real life characters, I created idealism by creating a family. And of course, I kept my flag of middle-class values flying.

What about the soaps such as Kabhi Souten Kabhie Saheli (Star Plus), Kutumb (Sony), Kuch Jhuki Palkein (Sony) and Kohi Apna Sa (Zee) which went off the air some time back?
Big deal! If I keep a serial on for long, you will say that I am dragging it. If I terminate it after an appropriate length, you will ask why. How can any serial go on endlessly for that matter? If I know you correctly again, you may be prompted to ask why Kyunki is going on and on and on... Tell me, why should I withdraw a hot cake from the market? Kyunki continues to be amongst the first three slots in the TRP ratings almost every week. Its characters have become like family members to everybody. Recently, Ba was almost dead, and the whole Virani parivar prayed and brought her back to life.

Before you say that was a drag, do you know how many letters we got asking us to keep her alive? I was flooded with calls, emails, SMSs. People didn't want Ba to die. And when she came back to life, I was again flooded with calls, emails, SMSs - this time people were thanking me that I had let her live. Kyunki... in fact is one serial which has never given me any worry.

"Why do people say that we are not trying anything different? Hasn't Kaahin Kissi Roz had its fair share of suspense? Wasn't my Hum Paanch hilarious from the first word to the last?"
Ekta with the Balaji team at the Indian Telly Awards 2002

There is a school of thought that your serials tend to focus on transgressing women...
(interrupts) It is not necessary that those who care for their family are the backward type of women. There are some mischief-mongers who want to run down my serials - for reasons best known to them. People are jealous that I have detected the pulse of the Indian audience. I realised that one subject which holds eternal interest for us Indians is the family - every Indian family is bound by traditions, festivals, etc, and every family tends to celebrate occasions with relatives, every family has certain characters who are good and bad, or rather, have particular habits.

Then, I weaved all this realisation together. That's it! And I don't understand why people say that we are not trying anything different. Hasn't Kaahin Kissi Roz had its fair share of suspense? Wasn't my Hum Paanch hilarious from the first word to the last?

Before I forget, do you know that Hum Paanch is coming back with Raakhee Tandon as the producer?
(raises her eyebrows). Well, I have heard something like this. But that's unethical.

Why not a bit of promiscuity and violence at least sometimes?
My serials are seen by families sitting together at the dinner table. When I say families, it obviously includes all the children. I surely don't want to propagate wrong messages to the youth.

"Kyunki... in fact is one serial which has never given me any worry.."
Ekta with Star's Tarun Katial, and Kyunki's Smriti Malhotra Irani and Kahaani's Kiran Karmarkar at the Indian Telly Awards 2002

Then how come you showed violence against a woman in the form of a heinous rape in one of your ongoing serials Kahaani Ghar Ghar Kii some time back?
Good you asked me this. Rape is the worst crime. It leaves a woman completely in shambles. Today, even infants are not safe in our country. In this perspective, I wanted to show rape and give a clarion call to all parents that they ought to make their daughters aware of this crime as soon as possible.

According to me, a six-year-old girl child should be told about the possible dangers to her. That would make her wise and careful. Importantly, I have not shown any wrong camera angles or crude dialogues. The underlying meaning in that depicted rape is that rape is more rampant on the domestic front, and we must be cautious.

Shobha Kapoor has declared that Balaji plans to release a series of mega serials in the coming quarter. Could you tell us about these?
I have three shows coming up. One for Sahara, two for Star Plus. One is Kahin To Hoga. Earlier it was titled as Kashish. It is being directed by Anil V Kumar. Another one is Koi Aa Raha Hai Waqt Badal Ne (earlier titled Kalki). KARHWBN has been delayed a bit, because it has lots of special effects of Superman etc. Both these are for Star Plus. The Sahara serial is untitled as yet.

"The revamped 'Kutumb' on Sony TV flopped simply because people were not aware that the serial had been revamped. On the other hand, the revamped 'Kyunki....' worked simply because Star Plus had done massive propaganda in this matter"

Did Bansilal Jumaani give you the 'K' factor?
No. Sunita Menon did. She told me that 'K' will always bring success into your life, do not desert it. Still, I consult Jumaani. His role is restricted to see whether the title assigned is numerologically lucky or not.

You seem to have a blind faith in astrologers, tarot card readers, numerologists.
There is no question of blind faith. After consulting them, I just feel psychologically satisfied. There have been a few cases where the calculations have not worked.

Coming to the ongoing tussle with the National Commission for Women which alleged that an episode of 'Kyunki…' used gender-testing of a foetus in favour of testing as a punishment and asked it to air at least 20 times before the serial. Balaji has said that you'll will air it three times. What's the status on that?
I am not sure how many times we will air it. You will have to ask the production team. But I think a mountain has been made out of a molehill. In the episode before Prachee Shah goes to her gynaecologist, Smriti Malhotra had given birth to a daughter. We had shown the Virani parivar celebrating to the hilt. Nobody complimented me on that.

At the Prachee incident stage, the serial was undergoing a 20-year leap. I wanted to project the arrival of Prachee's son to inculcate a faith in Ba who was feeling despondent due to Babuji's demise, that her husband was on his return journey. You know how Hindu families believe in rebirth in the same family. Besides, Prachee and her husband were not shown to be inquiring about the child's sex. The doc just happened to say it.

Then, is this a punishment meted out to you?
(smiles) You tell me!

"I would love to make some more horror. I love horror....But I think that I'll stay focused on soaps. Soaps will always have a h-u-g-e audience in India; they will never become a has-been.. "
Ekta with the trophies garnered by her soaps at the Indian Telly Awards 2002

How come recently 'Des Mein Niklla Hoga Chand' shot up to No.1 in TRP ratings?.
That was only for one week, that is the week before the last one. Again last week, my Kasautii Zindagi Kay is at the top and Kyunki is at No.2. That week, Sony went off and Star was on. Sony has a stronger base in Mumbai than anywhere else. So even Kkusum which eats into a fair share of TRPs went off. Then even Star went off; the cable problem gained momentum, nearly 50 per cent Mumbai was not getting the cable services. In cities, the prime time is 10-11 while in interiors the prime time is 8.15-9.15. Mumbai contributes to a large chunk of my TRPs. Thus, a small switch resulted in the TRPs. But you know our people. Without going into the details, they started shooting 'Are Ektaa's serials losing grease?'

Has Mandira been re-introduced in Kyunki… because Tulsi's popularity is failing?
Are you kidding? If Tulsi (Smriti Malhotra) does not appear in one episode, I start getting tons of enquiries. Ditto for Ba (Sudha Shivpuri). Recently, Ganga (Shilpa Saklani) and Karan (Hiten Tejwani) are catching up. Anyway, a new character is coming up in Kyunki very soon; Mandira is going to have a shocking twist in her life! Aren't you going to ask me my favourite character in the serial? It's Karan.

What's the next big idea? I mean, aren't you keen to exploit new genres? First it was KBC that shook television, then came Kyunki.... Wouldn't you like to be a visionary and love to continue riding on the crest of the wave?
Thanks for your concern. I would love to make some more horror. I love horror. I quite like my serial Kya Haadsa Kya Haqeeqat. But I think that I'll stay focused on soaps. Soaps will always have a h-u-g-e audience in India; they will never become a has-been. Soaps are like 'dal chawal', the rest of the genres form the tidbits on your plate. Face it. Indian television mainly caters to women. The television is on when the man leaves in the morning for his office, and often, remains so even after he is snoring in the night!

Women like to see 'saas-bahu', 'bhai-bhabhi', 'ma-beti', 'nanand-devrani' relationships, the gossip, the misunderstandings, the jealousy, and above all, the unity in times of adversity. KBC was a stray case. Even before KBC it was soaps all the way. Weren't Hum Log and Buniyaad soaps? Please don't get misguided by the look of those programmes. Keeping with times, only the look has changed, a few new permutations and combinations have come in but the gist remains the same. It will be foolish if I switch over to some other track and allow my competitors to perform a dance of victory on an empty field!

How about trying some comedy? .
I don't like comedy nowadays

You have grown up. Right? .
Maybe (laughs). No, I have become old (laughs again).

Kaahin Kissi Roz seemed to be nearing an end… when it resurrected magically? How?
(Smiles triumphantly). Bingo! But you'll have to give that credit to two of the guys from my creative team - Prashant and Minaal.

Soaps by UTV, Cinevistaas, BAG Films among others have increased their presence on Star Plus. Has Star Plus reduced its dependence on Balaji Telefilms?
If other companies have filtered in, it does not imply that Balaji Telefilms, which has always been the chunk, goes out. Star Plus have always been supportive of my stuff. They even helped me a lot in promoting my film Kucch To Hai. No amount of thanks will be sufficient.

Why did your revamped Kutumb flop?
The revamped Kutumb on Sony TV flopped simply because people were not aware that the serial had been revamped. On the other hand, the revamped Kyunki worked simply because Star Plus had done massive propaganda in this matter. The Star Plus-Balaji combo spells magic. Even otherwise, Star Plus has better promotional campaigns. They have a very creative team. They make it a point to see that the show works. Once in a way they may have failed, but look at their success rate! That's also one of the reasons why some of my serials haven't done well on other channels. People are glued to Star Plus from 8:30 to 11 pm. How do I make them take a remote in their hands and switch over?

"Blame 'Kahaani Terri Merri' on me. For once, I chose the wrong story"

Is the bombing of Kahanii Terri Merri still reverberating?
Blame it on me. For once, I chose the wrong story. It was slightly off-beat. Nobody wanted to see so much of a drunk man in a depressed state of mind.

With the CAS deadline barely two months away, there is a lot of apprehension in the industry about the ad spend heading for a sharp decline, thus forcing the broadcasters to slash the high fees paid to producers/production houses. Your views on this?
I don't think this will happen. The subscriber will pay for the channel if he trusts the channel to give him quality stuff. If the channel wants quality stuff (and therefore his decent quota of advertisers), he cannot make the production house suffer. So there is no fear of the quality going down either. Also, no situation will arise where the production house will hassle on rates with the artistes.

I can at vouch for at least my production house. Money with Star Plus is just a six-minute discussion for Balaji Telefilms. Even otherwise, Star Plus has lots of advertisers moving into their fold everyday and a lot of financial back-up from abroad.

In fact, other channels will be more hard-pressed to pay than Star Plus. These other channels have just one or two great programmes going. So they will have to bow down to the demands of those production houses. In turn, the other production houses on those channels will demand uniformity.

Are you in favour of CAS?
It's drastic a step alright, but a lot of possibilities open up. If a production house is not paid well by a pay channel (just in case), he goes to Sahara or Doordarshan. Simultaneously, the audience of the non-pay channels will certainly increase by some amount. That works for the benefit of the channel and the production house both. If rightly implemented, CAS is a step in the right direction. By right implementation I mean it should be first tried and tested in one city, then gradually move on to more cities, and so on. Secondly nobody is going to spend Rs 3,000-6,000 to buy the box upfront, a scheme must be implemented wherein no subscriber pays more than Rs 150 a month.

Do you make sure with your writers that the scripts have not been plagiarised? .
It's happening everywhere and you can't do anything about it. At times, you may not have plagiarised, but since it exists in some book, someone springs up and you find yourself in a soup. I think that the Karishma… people got caught because they admitted to it.

An actress told me that she gets a lot of recognition left, right and centre due to her appearance in just one serial, but the TRPs of her programme are very low? Can TRPs be manipulated?
That actress has a very defeatist attitude. She should not get bowled over by a few praises. Even a TRP of 1 means five to six lakh (5-600,000) people. She is not aware of how many people can actually see a programme at a given instant. If TRPs could be manipulated, every producer would have been on a song off and on.

Don't you get upset by criticism, grueling questions?.
In my early days, I used to. But then one day, my dad explained to me that you got to pay a price for being famous (smiles).

http://us.indiantelevision.com/interviews/y2k3/executive/ekt akapoor.htm

" No company which does not have an attitude can ever be successful"

Posted on 9 September 2003

If she is not slogging away on the sets to shape up her TV serials, she is seeking divine protection and blessings.

"I just returned from a trip to the Kumbh Mela, Nashik, and Shirdi at 3 am last night. I had a meeting with an executive producer till 4 am. And now barely six to eight hours later, you are ready to shoot questions at me. Poor me!" she tells indiantelevision.com's Vickey Lalwani, when he meets her for an interview.

Then suddenly she sits up straight and says, "Ask me anything connected to work. No problem, even if I am half dead. Nothing gives me a bigger high than when I see how my characters can make people laugh, cry, angry and happy." Tea arrives, and she is all set for a tete-a-tete:

What makes Balaji Telefilms tick?
It's very simple.My company works on two principles. One, nothing is bigger than the programme, not even the company. Two, if you believe in me and really want to share my goal and vision, please join me; else don't show me your face. I have never told this to anybody before, but seriously, the company needs an attitude. No company which does not have an attitude can ever be successful.

It's said that you are a very tough taskmaster?
I know what you mean, even though you aren't saying it. But I'll answer you. Aren't you hinting at the things you get to hear that people here are scared of me, and if they leave, they get blacklisted etc? Is that possible? About 2000 people are working for Balaji Telefilms across the country, how can so many people be scared of me and yet give off their best? I am just paying the price of being successful and famous. Therefore, you hear all this loose talk against me. It's just that there is a strong sense of achievement in all the people who work under me.

And because they achieve professionally, they achieve personally. I want only those people to come to me who believe that Balaji Telefilms can make them a millionaire. If you want Rs 3000 per month and wanted to attend office for only five days in a week, please get out. I want people who understand that working four years in my company would be equivalent to working 40 years in some other. Most of my creative heads get more money than their counterparts in any other production house. Tomorrow, if they move away to some other company, they can easily demand a phenomenal rise over what they are getting from me. That's why they work 18-20 hours per day. They don't work that much because they are scared of me. Believe me, sometimes this backfires on me (smiles).

"The viewer needs to be jostled, then allowed to rest and put to sleep, and then jostled again with renewed vigour. That is the secret of serial making"

How?
Sometimes it becomes difficult to retain the talent. An entry into Balaji Telefilms is considered as the criterion of your skills. Consequently, these people are offered premium salaries by my rivals. and they get lured.

And those who don't?
Those who don't are sensible. They understand that stability in life is the most important thing. And that, they get it here. In a period of few years with me, some creative guys are drawing eight to ten times of what they were given at the time of joining.

"It is likely that if I show a mother leaving her kid at home and going to office, people would come out and say that I am breaking up homes"

What about the raise given to actors?
Not as much as creative heads, because creative heads allot more time and energy. But yes, we have a format of first leads and second leads. An actor belonging to the first lead gets a higher rise every year, say double, unlike the second leads who get a rise of 50-70 per cent.

What makes 'Kyunki...' tick?
Simple. Because every situation is quite real. And the same applies to Kahaani... as well. Many incidents in these serials have happened with each one of us. Believe me, there is nobody who does not like these serials. A section of self-made intellectuals are out to malign this show of mine, but have they succeeded? Even some actresses are jealous of this show. A beautiful 30-plus actress shot for a family serial of mine, but the channel strongly felt that she was looking old. Another young actress gave me dates, but later backed out. And now what are these actresses doing? They are painting the newspapers black and white saying that they are not made for the saas-bahu stuff!

Tell me honestly, don't you think that these two shows are dragging?
No. They are not dragging. If they were dragging, how would they have consistently achieved such fantastic TRPs? The basic thing is that these serials have had many peaks, and believe me, there are more to come. By peaks I mean, the high drama and the surprise element which leaves you amazed. Now surely, you can't keep peaking a serial every week. Then, the surprise element would fade away. The viewer needs to be jostled, then allowed to rest and put to sleep, and then jostled again with renewed vigour. That is the secret of serial making.

Still, some characters in 'Kyunki....' are shown in excess?
I agree, but do you think that things are rosy with me? Sometimes, I am helpless. Like Smriti is all ready to deliver in mid September. She is the backbone of Kyunki. She is there in at least three or four scenes every day. I have to underplay her character for a while, and shift the focus probably on to Gomzi and Karan.

How were 'Kyunki' and 'Kahaanii' conceived?
There's an old lady called Amma in my house. Looking at her, I realized how we tend to ignore and neglect the elderly people around us. That's how Kyunki... took shape. Then I wanted to make a modern Ramayan. Doesn't every home have a Ram? That's how Kahaani... took shape.

What makes 'Kasauti...' tick? How was it conceived?
Unrequited love between Prerna and Anurag. I was inspired by a real life incident. A friend of mine ditched his girlfriend to marry as per his parents' wishes. I was disturbed. Why couldn't the other woman be positive? Prerna was born. Why can't the wife be negative? Komollika was born.

What about 'Kaahin Kissii Roz'?
Kaahin Kissi Roz seemed to be nearing an end... but it was resurrected. Isn't that the first part of your question? (laughs) I wonder whether you or anybody else knows that this serial is a visual delight... I get letters from men going ga-ga over Ramola Sikand and some middle-aged wives jokingly complaining that their husbands are not paying enough attention to them! The TRPs had dropped sopme months back, but over the last few weeks, I have figures and letters to prove that the show is rocking. As to how it was conceived, well I wanted to make a highly entertaining filmi stuff. Some revenge, suffering hero, heroine, villain, suspense. that's it!

What is the source from where every serial of your's germinates?
There is no fixed source. There are some people who relate to personal experiences only. There are some people who relate to what they read or see or even hear. I am a combo of all these people (laughs).

Does a good equation with the channel help?
Of course, it helps. For instance, I have a good equation with Star Plus. But mind you, I have to deliver the TRPs. If my show does not deliver, my relationship would not help me to swim in smooth waters. I might even go for a toss.

So there is no such thing called as PR?
There is PR, there is a greater degree of comfort, they know that I'll turn it around, they trust me. They immediately come forward with ideas, we sit together, we discuss, we argue, the sole aim is to better the show not only when TRPs fall but rather, with the passing of every single day. Today, serial making is not autocracy. It's meeting on common grounds. Why should a channel sail on a boat which does not know how to wade its way through troubled waters?

Why have you shied away from Doordarshan?
I have not shied away from DD. It's just that their policies keep changing, this creates lot of confusion, misunderstandings and stress. Anyway, I am working with them again. I hope that things will be better this time. I believe they are quite pepped up.

There is a school of thought that your serials tend to focus on the denigration of women...
(Interrupts) It is not necessary that those who care for their family are the backward type of women. It is likely that if I show a mother leaving her kid at home and going to office, people would come out and say that I am breaking up homes. Think of it, my serials have so much clout (laughs). To tell you the truth, I am the favourite target of the so-called critics.

How long will you continue to make soaps?
As long as they last.

And how long would that be?
This genre may suffer a slight dent, but not at least for the next three years. This is my vision. Face it. Indian television is mainly catered by women. The television is on when the man leaves in the morning for his office, and often, remains so even after he is snoring in the night! Women like to see 'saas-bahu', 'bhai-bhabhi', 'ma-beti', 'nanand-devrani' relationships, the gossip, the misunderstandings, the jealousy, and above all, the unity in adversity times. KBC was a stray case. Even before KBC it was soaps all the way.

Weren't Hum Log and Buniyaad soaps? Please don't get misguided by the look of those programmes. Keeping with times, only the look has changed, a few new permutations and combinations have come in but the gist remains the same. It would be foolish if I switch over on some other track and allow my competitors to perform a dance of victory on an empty field!

And after it suffers a slight dent?
Without stopping my soap product, I'll dish out something else in addition. I am not a dud.

You told me last time that nowadays you don't like comedy, so how about making a theme for a social cause?
You really want me to do that? Or, are you pulling my leg? Didn't I tell you last time how much I was panned for showing that rape scene in Kahaani? And why had I shown that rape scene? To inform the people that they should be wary of domestic rape. Alongside, films like Bandit Queen and Mirch Masala whch were more objectionable than what I had shown, were labeled as creatve pieces of art!

Rajeshwari has come back in 'Kahaani...' but not so long ago, she had been thrown out?
Rajeshwari was not thrown out. It's just that her track had ended and she was not required for a couple of days. It is essential to have different tracks going in a daily, else you'll get fed up of watching the same characters every day.

Rewa Babbar- the 'Kyun Hota Hai Pyarrr' girl who came in as Karan's girlfriend- in 'Kyunki...' was replaced after seven-eight episodes. Why?
Star Plus wanted it that way. They said that Rewa looked very positive and the character is now going to acquire negative overtones. So... (shrugs her shoulders). TV-serial making cannot be autocratic, it has to be meeting on common grounds.

There is a buzz that Amarr Upadhyay will come back in 'Kyunki...'?
(Smiles). No such thing is going to happen.

Why did Sweta Keswani opt out of 'Kahaani...'?
That's something to do with her personal life. It was her own decision. I can't throw much light on this.

The stage had been set for Ketki Dave to come back. Why it didn't materialise?
Remuneration was the main reason. She wanted something more than my company policy permitted. But we have mended the bridge on a personal level. Recently, she even attended one of our parties.

Why has 'Kahaani...' taking a 20-year leap?
That's happening from the first week of September. It's required. Doesn't life move ahead? Mark my words, Parvati (Sakshi Tanwar) will become exceedingly popular in this new format. If you recall, the 20-year leap in Kyunki... added instant fizz to Tulsi's (Smriti Malhotra's) character.

What's this 15-year old girl filing a public interest litigation that your serials show women in very poor light? The girl appeared in person in court and said she feels that your serials propogate that you cannot trust yopur sister, sister-in-law, mother and even your wife!
I knew you had kept this for last. You couldn't avoid that, could you? What can I say? (shrugs her shoulders and smiles) Let's conclude and have some water-melon juice.

Click for more Perspectives

http://us.indiantelevision.com/perspectives/y2k3/interview/e ktaa.htm

Ekta Kapoor designated 'Young Global Leader' in 2006

Media Release, January 10
MUMBAI

Ekta Kapoor, the creative director of Balaji Telefilms Limited (BTL), has been named a Young Global Leader 2006 by the Forum of Young Global Leaders, an affiliate of the World Economic Forum. Ekta is one of the 40 Asians chosen to become the Young Global Leaders (YGL) 2006, joining 175 leading executives, public figures and intellectuals as a part of a global community now including 410 leaders from all regions and stakeholder groups.

The 2006 class of Young Global Leaders includes over 60 business leaders, more than 30 government leaders, and dozens of scholars, media and non-governmental organization leaders which come from countries across the globe. Ekta will join the community representing 90 countries that includes Larry Page and Sergey Brin, co-founders of Google; Mikheli Saakashvili, President of Georgia; Kumi Naidoo, secretary-General and Chief Executive Officer, Civicus: World Alliance for Citizen Participation; Daniela Mercury, Singer, Brazil and Michelle Guthrie, Chief Executive Officer, Star Group.

Ekta has earned a name for herself in the Indian television industry. Ekta began working on production at age 19 and has created more than 50 soap opera's on 10 major Indian networks in addition to a comedy series, all of which have been channel drivers. Included among the successful serials with high ratings credited to her are Kyunki Saas Bhi Kabhi Bahu Thi, Kahaani Ghar Ghar Kii, Hum Paanch, Kavyanjali, Mano Ya Na Mano, Koshish - Ek Aashaa, Kudumbam and Itihaas.

Prior to this achievement, Ekta was judged one of Asia's 50 most influential communicators by Asiaweek magazine in 2001 and the first woman entrepreneur to receive the coveted 'Entrepreneur of the Year' award in India. Other awards include one for Corporate Excellence from Bharat Petroleum and the Rajiv Gandhi award.

The Young Global Leaders will meet as a community at their Annual Summit in Vancouver, Canada, 9-12 June 2006, when they will engage together in the 2020 Initiative, a comprehensive endeavour, to understand current and future trends, risks and opportunities at both the global and regional levels, formulate a positive vision for the world in 2020 and put forward concrete strategies to translate their vision into action.

Established in 2004 by Professor Klaus Schwab, Executive Chairman of the World Economic Forum, the Forum of Young Global Leaders is a unique, multi-stakeholder community of the world's most extraordinary leaders who are 40 years old or younger and are ready to dedicate apart of their time and energy to jointly work towards a better future. YGL gives them a platform to collaborate and shape best practices for the future of the world. 200 Young Global Leaders are selected each year for a five year membership, that will ultimately form a community if 1,111 by 2009.

The 2006 class was chosen from among 3,500 candidates by the Forum of Young Global Leaders' Nomination Committee, featuring 28 international media leaders, including Carl-Johan Bonnier of Bonnier AB in Sweden, Arthur Sulzberger, the publisher of the New York Times, Tom Glocer, chief executive of Reuters and Rui Chenggang, Director and Anchor of China Central Television in the People's Republic of China. Her Majesty Queen Raima of the Hashemite Kingdom of Jordan is the chairman of the committee.

The Forum of Young Global Leaders is an independent, Geneva, Switzerland-based foundation whose mission is to build a unique, multi-stakeholder community of the world's most extraordinary leaders under the age of 40 and give them a platform to collaborate and shape best practices for the future of the world. Each year we identify and mobilize a new group of 200 exceptional men and women in business, politics, academia, the media and civil society from every region in the world. Together, they form a powerful international force for the global common good.

Balaji Telefilms Limited is one of the most successful media companies and the largest fiction based television content provider in India. The company is primarily engaged in the production of television software in Hindi, Telugu, Tamil, Malayalam and Kannada. Balaji Telefilms Limited has been promoted by actor Jeetendra, Shobha Kapoor and Ekta Kapoor and has to its credit many successful serials.
http://www.agencyfaqs.com/media/media_newslets/Media/6892.ht ml

Ekta Kapoor Interview:My company can't live with one image

By Subhash K. Jha, Indo-Asian News Service

</></>

Mumbai, April 6 (IANS) TV tycoon Ekta Kapoor says she is planning to go to Delhi in search of a suitable husband even as she is looking for an image makeover on the professional front.

'My friends and I are going to Delhi looking for some eligible boys. Can't find one for myself in Mumbai. My temper tantrums are too well known here. I am trying to sober down as much as possible,' Ekta told IANS in an interview.

On the TV front, she turns non-fictional with her recently launched chat show 'Kandy Floss'.

'I do want to attempt different entertainment. That's what I'm trying to do with 'Kandy Floss' and 'Krimson Skies'. Trying again to reach out to a niche audience. I'll just keep on trying. There is nothing else I can do.'

Ekta's role model is filmmaker Sanjay Leela Bhansali. 'I like Sanjay Leela Bhansali because he has done what he wants to do, and done it so magnificently. He wants me to make a serial without a 'k' in it. I will, just for him.'

Excerpts:

Q: Your most unusual presentation, 'Kandy Floss', is on air.

A: I am having so much fun doing non-fiction. My so-called differences with Sony were blown so much out of proportion. The new Sony team is cool. Now I am going into something completely different. I've done non-fiction programme before - 'Kosmiic Chat' with Sunita Menon. But this one I am really scared of. It will be a look at the activities of TV stars. My first show with adult content. I hope I am not torn into shreds.

Q: You are finally growing up.

A: Ha! If people speak on camera, I won't cut it off in 'Kandy Floss', that's for sure. We are all grownup people... what's the big deal? I'd say it is an unpretentious in-your-face programme but classy. That's why we have got Archana Puran Singh as the anchor. Then we have Kandy, a catty animation character, who will tell us how she sees these TV parties.

Kandy even takes pot shots at me. I have instructed my team not to ask slimy questions or hit below the belt. When they asked me if they can take swipes at me, I told them, 'Fine'. But I might hate you.' I am having fun doing it.

Q: Quite a change from the demure image of your soaps.

A: That's exactly my point. My company can't live with one image. I am going to make a lot of high-perception shows. They may not be high-TRP shows. But that's okay. I'd of course continue to do mass-consumption shows.

You know the swipes they take at me are funny. The other day I was reading an interview with an actor who said he has stayed away from 'saas-bahu' shows. Hello? What about the hundred calls that he made to me? And came to my office for a hundred auditions! If I give him a role, he would immediately give an interview saying, 'Who wouldn't want to work with Balaji?'

Q: Do you feel TV allows you to be as adventurous as cinema?

A: Not at all! The target audience on TV doesn't allow you to experiment. When I do something regular they are angry. But when I do something different, I don't get their attention. So what do I do?

'Iqbal' can be done for cinema but not for television because there's no niche audience on TV. In spite of all the criticism the top three soaps remain my 'Kasauti Zindagi Kay', 'Kahaani Ghar Ghar Ki' and 'Kyunki Saas Bhi Kabhi Bahu Thi'. Even the other producers claiming to move away from my 'K factor' are doing the same thing.

Q: What do you think of 'Saat Phere - Saloni Ka Safar'?

A: Oh, I like it very much. It's very much a nice conventional show. Whatever we may say the audience isn't willing to move away from the standard theme and format. I do feel stagnant at times. But at the end of the day I love my work. I love my shows. For me they aren't something I do for a few hours. They are my life. I am very attached to my characters in the soaps. But I do want to attempt different entertainment.

That's what I am trying to do with 'Kandy Floss' and 'Krimson Skies'. Trying again to reach out to a niche audience. I'll just keep on trying. There is nothing else I can do. My 'Kkasam Se' on Zee isn't really different. But it's a little younger. We are pushing the envelope a little more with this one.

Q: But apparently 'Kkasam Se' isn't doing well.

A: What are you saying? In just three weeks the TRPs' at 2.4 average. I have been heaped with praise. It is my other serial on Zee, 'Hum Paanch', that isn't doing well. 'Kkasam Se' is their No.2 soap. It is going to rock. As for 'Hum Paanch', times have changed. We shouldn't have done it again. Viewer-profile has changed. Oh, why did we have to bring it back?

Q: What about your new shows?

A: I have 'Kya Hoga Nimmo Ka' on STAR One. It's the funniest show on earth. It's got drama but no melodrama. I promise my audience no one's going to die and come back. It started March 20. In June, I'll have 'Krimson Skies' with a new 21-year-old actor Karan Patel.

Q: Wasn't Amar Upadhyay supposed to play the lead?

A: He was supposed to play Karan's father. But he asked for too much money.

Q: That's mean!

A: Why? What was wrong with playing the hero's dad?

Q: How do you react to the constant criticism?

A: My father always says dogs bark when an elephant walks. I hate calling myself an elephant. But what to do? I do my work, go home. I have five friends. I don't mix with my colleagues or TV people. With my five friends, I can be myself. People can call my soaps regressive and monotonous. I've only one thing to say to them, 'Dude, they aren't affecting the TRPs. It just seems like a lot of idle malicious talk.'

Each show is different from the other in concept and colour. But my friends love to generalise and hit out at me.

Q: Are you producing films?

A: Yes, lots. But the star date issues are huge. I'll start with a small film directed by Satish Kaushik featuring Tusshar (Kapoor) and maybe Ayesha Takia. Then there are projects with Neeraj Vora, Rohit Shetty, Abbas-Mastan and Anees Bazmi. This is the plan for the next one year...plus I want to start small niche films with independent directors. I want to make some niche films that I'll be remembered by.

I want to do what my dad did. He acted in 'Parichay' side by side with 'Farz'. But you know who's my role model of filmmaking? I like Sanjay Leela Bhansali because he has done what he wants to do, and done it so magnificently. He wants me to make a serial without a 'k' in it. I will, just for him.

Q: Any plans of marriage?

A: My friends and I are going to Delhi looking for some eligible boys. Can't find one for myself in Mumbai. My temper tantrums are too well known here. I am trying to sober down as much as possible.

http://in.movies.yahoo.com/060406/43/63d96.html

About Ekta kapoor

ekta kapoor
Ekta Kapoor's serials always says:::::::::::::::
" The rich do not need values, the poor do not have time for them. It is middle-class values that my serials are about."
and that is working very fine.
Since producing her first blockbuster television program at 19, Ekta Kapoor has rewritten the script on TV entertainment for the masses. She has created more than 20 soaps on 10 major Indian networks; a comedy series she created ran for 5 years. The Indian showbiz people watches her every move, and older, more experienced producers are quick to copy any new Kapoor concept.
ektakapoor

Ekat kapoor as Creative Director

As creative director of Balaji Telefilms in Mumbai, Kapoor, 27, continues to produce absorbing dramas - whether about an ambitious tycoon or a beautiful but scheming wife or a 70-year-old grandmother looking for a job - that consistently strike a chord with viewers across the subcontinent. Kapoor now hopes to find similar success with audiences in a different medium: the big screen.

Ekta kapoor's birtday

ekta kapoor moive
Now she is making new records on Big Screen Also.Ekta Kapoor (born June 7, 1975) is the Creative Head of Balaji Telefilms. She is the daughter of Indian actor of yesteryears Jeetendra and sister of Tusshar Kapoor. She has produced a host of television serials based on conflicts in Indian joint families. She is notorious for her idiosyncrancy for naming all of the TV Serials produced by her with names starting from letter "K". This is generally attributed to some sort of superstitious belief.
ekta jiterdra kapoor

Ekta kapoor with jiterdra(ekta's great dad)

Starting off from a scratch with her star father Jitendra's status helping little in pulling off her dream ambition - Ekta Kapoor gambled her way into television production.

Though her dreams appeared to shatter as her creative products flopped on the small screen, her confidence in her self and her belief in the Almighty saw her pulling off success with a hilarious comedy show Hum Paanch. After that there has been no looking back for this young wizard-ress of Indian television.

Ekta kapoor with shobha kapoor(ekta's great mother)
shobha kapoor

Mrs. Shobha Kapoor, the Managing Director of Balaji, is in charge of the overall administrative and production activities of the company.

Ms. Ekta Kapoor, the creative director in the company, oversees the creative side of the company's business. She has been the instrumental factor behind BTL's foray into regional channels. Academically she has a graduation degree in Commerce from the University of Mumbai.

ekta_tusshar_kapoor

Ekta kapoor with tusshar kapoor

TWO TO tango is clichd, two to tangy isn't. "Full of flavours" is how Tusshar Kapoor defines his relationship with sister Ekta. One is cool, calm and cooperative while the other is temperamental, terse and touchy.

She is still very determined to prove what she thinks is right. She never gives up and I really admire her for the patience she has to wait for her efforts to bear fruit. When I decided to enter in the film industry, I was surprised to know the amount of labour required here. Part of it had to do with my good academic background.

Ekta kapoor and co stars
ekta kapoor is very social
Working with Ekta has been a nice experience for she's a great person to work with, and she really knows what she wants. manav ans shweta always praise the ekta kapoor for giving them roles in the serials. Ekta kapoor is so social for the all artists in balaji telfilms. she is so creative that every artist learn how to do role very creative and with surprise for the every viewers. all give very big thanks to ekta kapoor.
ekta kapoor most beautiful
Ekta kapoor is the icon
full mark to Ekta for conceptulazing such a treat to all her viewers. but i would really request her 2 use the other characters also equally. im in love with Varun played by manish raisinghani,he is such a good looker, ive seen him in a couple of functions,n he is such an amazing person with an aura of a superstar.i believe he should be rightly used. im sure he can overpowere all d television actors,forget Sujal.
Ekta kapoor's Bhojpuri film
ekta kapoor no.1
Television soap queen and film producer Ekta Kapoor has joined hands with Bhojpuri film production banner Siddhivinayak Media Entertainment to produce two big budget Bhojpuri films.

'Hum Bal Brahmachari Tu Kanya Kunwari', will be a joint production of Ekta's Balaji telefilms and Siddhivinayak Media Entertainment headed by writer-director producer Mahesh Pandey.

Pandey has written the story of the film and will also be directing it. The film hits the screen in April and stars Bhojpuri actors Kunal Singh, Sikander Kharbanda, Brijesh Tiwari, Divya Desai, Ali Asgar, Yunus Pervez and Sanjay Pandey. The film will be shot in Raj Pipla in Gujarat and Allahabad in Uttar Pradesh.

The lyrics have been written by Vinay Bihari and music composed by Rajesh Gupta.

Balaji and Siddhivinayak Media Entertainment's second film starring Ravi Kissen will release in October, he informed.
ekta kapoor marriage

Ekta kapoor's Wedding special Serial

It's on the minds of most soap addicts these days. The Kaisa Ye Pyar Hai wedding special, where the protagonists Kripa and Angad are to tie the knot and make a lot of people very happy. Orchestrating the event is the young lady who orchestrates much of what happens on Indian television today. Ekta Kapoor.

It's her we've come to meet this evening, to discuss the grand wedding and more. Miss Kapoor likes the no-nonsense approach -- that much is clear. And she's in a hurry two minutes after walking in. Reporters are thanked after every question, she makes it clear at the start that questions about her personal life will not be entertained, and no serial apart from Kaisa Ye Pyar Hai is to be discussed.

Ekta kapoor's BMW Car  
"Ekta madam has finally started using her BMW car, which was otherwise permanently parked." Why did Kapoor choose the BMW? "I wanted one as far as I can remember," she explains.

"My dad (Jeetendra) ordered it last year, but it arrived only in January this year." Kapoor's previous car was a Merc. "But now, I'll only use my BMW," she declares. The market price of a BMW 7 series is Rs 80 to 90 lakh
ekta_kapoor_carekta_kapoor_bmw
   http://www.kapoorekta.com/

URL="[/URL" title="Edit section: Film Productions" target="_blank" rel="nofollow">[/URL" title="Edit section: Film Productions" target="_blank" rel="nofollow">[/URL'>http://www.123glitter.com"][/URL]

yes she smilesBig smileping                                                           soo sweet Embarrassed

this says it all !! dont mess with the best.

Sunita her astrologer now nothing to do with ektaji could be complete without this now could it.

Siggy for all Big smile

Edited by Ektas_Angel - 16 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

rooj-i thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
hey nina,
i'm not her big fan but i admire her talent and so much more...so this is for you! 👏

Jai Ekta maa ki!

Rooj
misspickle thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Hey, baby sis! Excellent work 👏 I have to give Ekta credit for doing such a wonderful job of being so young n promoting Indian television! She has done a fantastic job of bringing the indian television, with it's new fame n glory. Her tv dramas are off the hook n alwayz entertaining! Because of her, ppl around the world are in close intact with their motherland India! Count me in 😉 Edited by divya74 - 17 years ago
radha07 thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 3
OMG so many dramas and films all beginning woth K 🤢
Ektas gone hyper 😆 😆 😆

Hey nina im in 😳
Lord-Mangeshwar thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
Ekta-ji ki jai!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Count me in!

By the way, I think that Balaji are producing a film in partnership with Suniel Shetty's company. It's called 'Raaste' and it has Aishwarya, Abhishek, John Abraham and Sikander Kher in the lead roles. Sounds cool! 👍🏼

God bless.

Originally posted by: RaviMalhotra69

Ekta-ji ki jai!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Count me in!

By the way, I think that Balaji are producing a film in partnership with Suniel Shetty's company. It's called 'Raaste' and it has Aishwarya, Abhishek, John Abraham and Sikander Kher in the lead roles. Sounds cool! 👍🏼

God bless.

John abraham 😳 i know ekta likes him like me on the koffe with karan...shes 31 now and sunita said her films would be hit after so i guess this is the film😛

WOOOHOO Ektaji ki jai!!!

Princess thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Engager 5 Thumbnail + 5
😆 Buddy you want me to join this club? 😆

I rather join Lalu Prasad Yadav's fan clue 😆

Originally posted by: Princess

😆 Buddy you want me to join this club? 😆

I rather join Lalu Prasad Yadav's fan clue 😆

😆😆😆 thats how much you do not want to join...lol i knew you would laugh please pass this on though

Originally posted by: divya74

Hey, baby sis! Excellent work 👏 I have to give Ekta credit for doing such a wonderful job of being so young n promoting Indian television! She has done a fantastic job of bringing the indian television, with it's new fame n glory. Her tv dramas are off the hook n alwayz entertaining! Because of her, ppl around the world are in close intact with their motherland India! Count me in 😉

well said 😛di...glad you liked it 😳 all in name of ekta....shes done a amazing job..drama are ace 😃 like you said ....shes modern asian woman!

Originally posted by: radha07

OMG so many dramas and films all beginning woth K 🤢
Ektas gone hyper 😆 😆 😆

Hey nina im in 😳

lol shes like me then😆seriously though its sunita menons doing and now ektas belif 😛it works for her