exhibitor Manoj Desai angry on Vijay D for his remarks - Page 3

Posted: 1 years ago
Originally posted by naaznin

These celeb should stop being arrogant n start being humble.

If no one will watch their movie do they want producers to go bankrupt🤣.

Even politicians don't act so arrogant with public n never say- jisko vote dena he do hum to election ladenge ðŸ¤£

politicians for all the flak they get will rarely be arrogant with  public 

because in elections they have to face them ðŸ˜ƒ

Posted: 1 years ago

Originally posted by cts22

Similarly Gangubai rode on SLB.

As much as I don't like Kareena or Alia, we still have a long way to go before exhibitors trust female actors to open huge box office numbers

Critique is fine. But distortion... messy. Gangubai Kathiawadi rode as much on Alia Bhatt's credibility/popularity as it did on SLB. Would Shraddha Kapoor have been able to get those numbers/hype/interest that Alia did with...? 

Or anyone else for that matter. Shraddha Kapoor On Becoming Haseena Parkar: Put On Weight, Walked  Differently

As an audience member I've seen SLB (who I'm a huge fan of too) getting it wrong on occasion (Saawariya for example) - so I was also going in to watch it, with a feeling of trepidation... ðŸ˜³ (because the trailer didn't convince me fully that Alia could carry off such a role, particularly because we for some reason felt she looked too young - but it turned out that a lot of the film is based on Gangubai at a young age) ðŸ¤ª

The girls DO pull in the audience. They just never get enough credit, if any at all. Actresses have and have had huge fan-followings ever since the industry began... but for some reason we think ticket-buyers don't consider their presence in a film before arriving at the box office??? 

This is a sad example but: why do you think for the longest time exhibitors request an additional "item number" when a film is not looking like a hot prospect... leading to a type of exploitation to help bring in a chunk of revenue (mostly from horny af young virgin men) ðŸ¤¡