Posted: 3 months ago

It's good he apologised. People were very angry about it. From the way he phrased it, I don’t think he apologised wholeheartedly though.

Edited by priya185 - 3 months ago

He didn’t have to do it.Wrong choice of words though. Triggered?🤦‍♀️

Hollywood celebs used to do this a lot after saying something stupid or offensive. They would say “I’m sorry IF I offended anyone.”  Eventually people started calling them out on it for never acknowledging that what they said was wrong. I guess it’s Bollywood’s turn to take the If you’re offended approach. And using the word triggered here wasn’t a smart choice either, and he did it twice. 

Saying Alia laughed it off was kind of telling too. 

This more linguistically analytical than anything, but when he messed up the I love Alia line with I love my life makes me think he’s it was a memorized line. His line was “I love Alia with everything I have in my life.”  

Edited by IAmLuvBolly - 3 months ago

Great! Good for RK but it was absolutely not needed!! People made a mountain out of a molehill 🤦‍♀️
Now we will have reactions and long analysis on this apology too smiley36 RK tu to gayo lol 

“I love my life sorry wife”. 😂

I’m glad people took his case and he was forced to apologise this wouldn’t have happened otherwise so sometimes social media is a boon. I hope next time he thinks twice before disrespecting anyone and being vile and insensitive.

smiley37smiley37smiley37

Kal ka headlines:

"Ranbir Kapoor apologizes on 'triggered' joke he passed while apologizing to his wife Alia: I do have a bad sense of humor"

"Yes absolutely, firstly let me start with I love everyone and everything I have in my life. What happened on that is actually a joke which did not turn out to be funny and I really want to apologize to anyone I have triggered, it was not my intention so I say sorry to whoever got triggered or offended by me using the word triggered. So I am sorry if I have triggered, I mean offended, I mean hurt anyone."

If boycott gang doesn't pick up on this, I'm going to be triggered, offended,  disappointed.

But seriously, don't use the word "triggered" in an apology. It just makes your apology that much less serious. smiley37

Edited by guenhwyvar - 3 months ago