Boycott calls affected Lal singh chaddha - Taran Adarsh

Posted: 1 years ago

I think Taran got a bonus to say this 

When Rohit said it for DW we all laughed at him ๐Ÿ˜†๐Ÿ˜†

It's not particularly about a controversy. People have simply stop liking Bollywood altogether and these dumb pr controversies aren't helping. May be it's due to lack ๐ŸŒŸ or their own catfights out in open. There is nothing with which people feel connected.... There is nothing to root for.

I think this is just a phase and will pass after doing some much needed filter work.

Why didn't we hear these boycott calls when the trailer itself released?

I disagree, if the film is good audience will come to the theater. That's the truth! 

โ€œFace it!โ€

ye kisko bol raha hai audience ko ya film makers ko ya actors ko.?๐Ÿ˜†

Do you have any idea how much "my neighbour can see what I do" has an impact on the decision to go watch a movie in the theatre (or to prefer watching it when it is released on a streaming platform in the own home's relative security)???!!!

Just imagine!

This is new normal now. Deal with it...

And it you cant, dont rub the people wrong way selectively in the name of religion, secularism or social issues.

People might forgive you once or twice but if there is a pattern they notice, phir toh allah hi bachaye from from their wrath๐Ÿ˜†

Amir's been asking for it for quite a long time and he couldnt have jmagined even in his dreams that the fake boycott drama he was peddling through PR campaigns before every movie of his will actually become a reality one day. Logo ko poke kiye ja raha tha itne saalon se. Ab dekho public ne kaise bamboo laga diya uske waha...๐Ÿ˜†

I find it funny that those who used to namecall people due to boycott controversies for all there years are now of the opinion that there is no boycott happening or is ineffective even if it's there and it's all majorly publicity stunts by the maker themselves. Seen how people were called sanghis, bhaktas, bigots and even terrorists due to so called boycott trends and now it turns out it's all promotional tactics or blamegame only where audience is being made a scapegoat to escape the responsibility from accepting the failure of the bad products.

The boycott is only happening on social media not in real life, it doesnโ€™t account for everyone. The problem isnโ€™t boycott, itโ€™s shitty content. The audience has grown and has exposure to a lot of worldwide array of good content thanks to OTT. Why would they spend their hard earned money on your regressive, bland and same formula movies? Itโ€™s not worth it honestly. Times have changed star power cannot sell movies anymore. Itโ€™s all about content. Make better movies, take risks, be bold, get the casting right instead of favouring nepos and then complain if it still doesnโ€™t work.

Boycott gang's new business model: pick a film which looks like it's going to flop, then boycott ๐Ÿ˜†

As for Bollywood, they won't learn even now. 

Dear Taran Adarsh, Aamir Khan, Karan Johar, YashRaj and the like. It's not us; it's you.

Audience didn't watch your silly movies because they have better movies and shows to watch now. 

This trend will continue as long as you don't fix your writing, your scripts, your filmmaking technique before throwing money on stars and item numbers and foreign locations. 

Edited to add: I want Brahmastra to succeed because it's a really cool concept. Indian literature is so rich, from ancient times to now, but the SoBo types sneer at reading. ๐Ÿ˜† Ayan is at least trying. I'm afraid because it's a Dharma production and because of what Ayan said about it being a love story.

The one movie I really have hope for is Vikram Vedha. The story is solid. And the fact that it's the same director makes the script and direction likely solid also. Now if THAT succeeds, it will shut the boycott gang's mouths for a while at least. Their patron saint's pet hate and Taimur/Jehangir's daddy.๐Ÿ˜†

Edited by HearMeRoar - 1 years ago