Ambar- The Real Villain?

•  
  • Page of 1 Go
  •  
Posted: 1 years ago

Now that we’ve watched 30 episodes, I can say that Ambar Singh is a narcissist. Initially when the series started, I kept thinking that Ginni will bond with Ambar and bring papaji and beta closer. Really thought maybe Supreet is the villain here. But I think I was wrong. 

One thing that always bothered me was that they never showed any POVs from Supreet’s side. She barely had any dialogues. Anything she said was always to support Ambar. But maybe she’s a victim of the patriarchy. If we notice closely, the Singh family is very patriarchal. Ambar, Aditya and Daarji have the strongest voice in the house.   They take all the decisions and no one goes against them. Compared to that Supreet, Taiji and her daughters have no voice. None of them work or earn anything. Taiji keeps taunting her husband for not standing up against Ambar because she knows that is how she can gain some power in the house.  
Now according to my theory, Ambar expected a docile and submissive wife. Gurkirat wasn’t that. If she really came from money and helped Ambar establish his business, she must have wanted to contribute to that business and make her own decisions. This could have emasculated Ambar. When Supreet came into the picture, Ambar may have projected himself to be the victim. He could have said Gurkirat is crazy or she kept belittling him. Narcissists love to play the victim card. Supreet may have believed him and fallen in love with him. Gurkirat’s death may or may not have been an accident and Ambar married Supreet. 

I guess after the marriage, Supreet felt guilty and wanted to Aditya to forgive her and accept her. That is why she keeps wanting to get closer to Adi. She also must have realised that Ambar is the abusive one (not necessarily physically, but emotionally or verbally), and Gurkirat had no fault. This could have amplified her guilt. Last episode when Ambar came into the room drunk, Supreet was ready to handle it. So this is not the first time that happened. Maybe this is the guilt that keeps her trapped because she believes it is her own fault she’s in this mess. This is why she’s scared to go against Ambar. She has no voice. Even after she married Ambar, she still has nobody’s respect there. No one has truly accepted her and that probably weighs heavy on her. 

On the other hand, if we look at Ginni’s family, things are opposite there. Ginni and her mom run the dhaba. Goldie is dependent on his sister. So there’s no patriarchy there. There will be a clash when Ginni marries Aditya. She’s an independent woman with her own voice. Ambar and Ginni will clash for sure. But she’ll bring a change in the Singh mansion and probably give a voice to Supreet.

Sorry for my ramble. I couldn’t stop thinking about this since I watched the episode last night. My brain was on analysis mode and dissected the whole thing apart 🤣

I always felt Supreet wasn't the evil one when they contrasted her with Taiji, who is just outright bitter. It kind of was confirmed when she asked Aakash not to call Adi as Monster. But I don't think she is a total doormat. She is definitely a smart woman. She was pensive and told Akash she was recently losing a lot. She told Ambar she would find out everything about Simran. She wants Adi's approval and I do think on some level she loves Ambar. She would be defacto Queen of the house if Adi accepts her. Taiji's remaining resistance will crumble. 

But she isn't lot better than Taiji. She is smarter and knows when to talk. But she seems to be as classist as Taiji. In today's episode she had a very small reaction to Ginny but it was enough to open one more layer of her character. She was very dismissive of Ginny, like yeh phir aa gayi types. Her true colors we will know after Ginny enters the house as Sdi's bride.

Originally posted by devashree_h

She told Ambar she would find out everything about Simran. 

👆🏻This …

No one’s doing this … na Adi na Supreet … 

No one is door door tak interested to find out if SP has any family … ladki aa gayi shadi karne .. baki junta kitthe hai… 😆

Originally posted by monsi08

👆🏻This …

No one’s doing this … na Adi na Supreet … 

No one is door door tak interested to find out if SP has any family … ladki aa gayi shadi karne .. baki junta kitthe hai… 😆

Well, it tells you so much about Simran that she has manipulated two both supposed smartypants, Adi and Supreet. Both are eating out of her hand and she has also Armaan through Adi.