Arjun

ArNi OS 𝓬𝓸𝓶𝓮 𝓻𝓪𝓲𝓷 𝓸𝓻 𝓬𝓸𝓶𝓮 𝓼𝓱𝓲𝓷𝓮 10 Year Anniversary

Satrangi_Curls thumbnail
Posted: 1 years ago

When they say a "match made in Heaven", who makes it? The Lord of Heaven, in our case, Devraj Indra with his Indrani? Is it their job or just 'cause they're bored?

Let's see how they play cupid for our beloved Roshni and Arjun. I'm gonna love you, like no one loves you

โœจ๐ŸŒง๏ธ๐ŸŒฉ๏ธ๐ŸŒฆ๏ธโ›ˆ๏ธโœจ

Come rain or come shine

High as a mountain, deep as a river

Come rain or come shine

I guess when you met me

It was just one of those things

But don't ever bet me

'Cause I'm gonna be true if you let me

You gonna love me, like no one love me

Come rain or come shine

But I'm with you always

I'm with you rain or shine

๐“ฌ๐“ธ๐“ถ๐“ฎ ๐“ป๐“ช๐“ฒ๐“ท ๐“ธ๐“ป ๐“ฌ๐“ธ๐“ถ๐“ฎ ๐“ผ๐“ฑ๐“ฒ๐“ท๐“ฎ

-*-

After a long day in the court of Indralok, Devraj Indra retired on his royal couch. He rubbed his chin, glancing at the rain knobs โ€“ moderate rain, occasional thunder. He tuned in to his favourite network on Earth TV, grabbing a bowl of popcorn

Indrani took her couch, knitting a gold-silver shawl for herself. โ€˜Who are we watching?โ€™

โ€˜S. P. Arjun Rawte but Iโ€™m bored by his usual action.'

โ€˜I love that kid! He is very much like our Arjuna, who bravely fought for righteousness and justice once upon.โ€™

'Let's find him a wife now shall we?' Said Indra turning the rain knob a little left, shower turned to drizzle. With anticipation, he focussed on screen, watching his favourite earthly being.  

Arjun nabbed the criminal as he walked out of the lane. โ€œHello there!โ€

โ€œSo long!โ€ Arjun punched Sada.

โ€˜Who do you think will win?โ€™ Indra tossed some popcorn.

'That cheater brought a knife to a fist fight. Oh my dear Arjuna. โ€™ Indrani frowned.

โ€˜And now he's got company.โ€™ Indra hit the knobs angrily. Drizzle turned into a thunder-shower.

Arjun looked at Sada and his friend zooming off on their bike. He texted the bikeโ€™s number, and the phone died promptly. Arjun hit his bleeding hand on the bike and winced. He took a kerchief and tied it around his hand. Started driving after checking behind the dumpsters and abandoned buildings for any clues. 

A few minutes later his bike stopped abruptly and refused to start. Arjun kicked it in frustration and winced. Streetlights dimly lit the water-logged street. His hand was bleeding profusely now and he felt weaker. Resigning to the rainy day he looked around. His eyes fell on a red plus sign shining in the haze. Arjun dragged his bike towards the clinic with his legs wobbling. 

โ€œDr. R. Deshmukh, General Physician. MBBS.โ€ He read the name while listening to the doorbell ring.

A young woman in her mid-twenties opened the door, wearing a white coat. Arjun forgot why he had rang the doorbell and just stood awestruck.  

โ€˜Looks like Ashwini Kumara and some apsara had a child. Such celestial grace, bright intellect and beauty, the perfect combination our Arjun needs in his life.โ€™ 

Roshni observed the uniformed man at her doorstep. Blackened eye, red nose, bleeding lip, bloodied hand and numerous other wounds - his khaki uniform drenched in rain and blood. He was pretty. Her heart pounded.

โ€œCome in.โ€ She moved away from the door to let him in, then snapped her fingers seeing him frozen. 

He blinked. 

โ€œThis way officer.โ€ She pointed towards the washroom. โ€œPlease change and come. I'll bring some fresh clothes for you.โ€ 

Arjun nodded and limped into the washroom. 

Five minutes later he walked out dressed in patient's clothes. The doctor was prepping her weapons instruments.

โ€œPlease sit.โ€ 

Arjun hopped on the surgical bed. She took off his kerchief and began cleaning the wound with antiseptic. It was slightly deep and needed to be sutured. 

โ€œYour name?โ€

โ€œArjun. S.P. Arjun Suryakant Rawte.โ€ 

โ€œHow did this happen, officer?โ€

โ€œJust the usual chase.โ€ Arjun bit his lips and closed his eyes as she stitched his hand. 

Roshni wondered what the usual meant. โ€œDo you have any allergies?โ€

Arjun shook his head, eyes still shut tight. 

She tended his other wounds. 

His eyes now focussed on the framed certificate. Roshni. His lips curled into a small smile before wincing in pain. He saw her pick an injection. โ€œWhat is that?โ€ He gasped.

โ€œTetanus.โ€ 

Arjun's eyes widened as she filled the syringe. 

โ€˜Why is my brave son unshooketh by a gun scared of a tiny needle?โ€™

โ€œOfficer, are you scared of the injection?โ€ A smile played on Roshni's lips. She was amused by a grown up man's childlike reaction to the injection. Not that it was uncommon but he looked 'rough, tough, ready to save the world' kind. 

โ€œScared? Me? No. Not at all.โ€ He laughed. 

Roshni smiled knowingly. โ€œTake a deep breath and relax. It won't hurt.โ€ 

Arjun closed his eyes, breathing deeply. He felt a sharp sting on his arm. He opened his eyes. 

โ€œDid it hurt?โ€

โ€œNo.โ€ He smiled painfully.

Roshni nodded and picked a thermometer. โ€œHow long have you had a fever?โ€

โ€œJust yesterday.โ€ 

โ€œAre you taking any medicines?โ€

โ€œI took paracetamol last night.โ€

โ€œNothing all day?โ€ He shook his head. โ€œHave you been feeling feverish since yesterday morning or evening?โ€

Arjun looked at her.

โ€œPlease be honest.โ€

โ€œMorning.โ€

She nodded. The rain was even more intense now. 

The thermometer beeps after what seemed an eternity to Arjun. 103ยฐF. The clock struck 8.

โ€œI will have to admit you tonight. Fever is too high. You have lost quite some blood tooโ€

Arjun smiled. โ€œNo, it's fine. I'll go back to the police station. Thank you for your help.โ€

โ€˜You ainโ€™t going nowhere son.โ€™ Indra turned the knob rightwards, thunder-storm.  

โ€œThe rain is not going to stop for another night and you think you can go out in this high fever? Who do you think you are? Superman? You think I didn't see you drag your bike here?โ€ Roshni spoke hurriedly and firmly, then stepped back. What just happened? Why did I say all this?

Arjun raised his brows. She didn't look like someone who could be so loud and scary. He gulped. โ€œCalm down doctor. I'll stay.โ€ 

โ€œGood. I will bring dinner. You take some rest.โ€ She opened the in-patient ward. 

โ€œMay I borrow a charger?โ€

โ€œSure.โ€

Arjun put his phone on charge and relaxed on the bed while Roshni went upstairs. 

She served him khichdi. โ€œRing the bell if you need anything.โ€

Arjun nodded and ate silently. He barely finished dinner when his phone started ringing constantly. Arjun answered the call. โ€œSaket?โ€

โ€œSir, where are you? Are you okay?โ€

โ€œYes Saket, I'm fine. Any update on the bike I asked you to trace?โ€

โ€œWe are working on it sir.โ€ Saket answered.

Arjun sighed. โ€œKeep me posted. See you in the morning.โ€

โ€œYes sir. Jai Hind.โ€

โ€œJai Hind!โ€ Arjun checked the messages and missed calls. His phone buzzed again. โ€œHello?โ€

โ€œBhaiya! Where have you been? Why was your phone switched off?โ€

โ€œBusy with work and the battery died.โ€

โ€œBut you didnโ€™t? Good. Are you coming home?โ€

โ€œI donโ€™t think so.โ€

โ€œBetter donโ€™t! Water is almost waist-deep here.โ€ Krishna put her phone aside, โ€œAai, your son isnโ€™t coming tonight, no dinner for him.โ€

Arjun heard her yell. 

โ€œFine.โ€ She disconnected the call. 

Arjun placed his phone back to charge. He sat on the bed, looking at his hand.

Roshni came in to give medicines. โ€œHave the medicines and rest well.โ€

Arjun quickly gulped them with water. 

โ€œDoc, do you have any books I could borrow? I fall asleep quickly with a book.โ€

โ€œI have some novels, Iโ€™ll bring one.โ€

โ€œSounds good.โ€ Arjun smiled.

Few minutes later, Roshni brought a novel, Heart Bones by Colleen Hoover. โ€œDonโ€™t stress yourself too much, sleep well. Goodnight.โ€ 

โ€œThank you doc. Goodnight.โ€

-*-

โ€œHow are you feeling?โ€ Roshni asked, drawing the curtains open.

โ€œBetter. A mild headache.โ€ He didnโ€™t realise it was morning until he checked his phone. The thick cloud cover and heavy rain made it difficult to ascertain the time. 

Roshni put the thermometer on and waited. 101ยฐF. 

โ€œThatโ€™s mild. I can go now!โ€

Roshni sighed. โ€œI canโ€™t let you go yet. Show your leg. I checked with my friend, itโ€™s likely a muscle-pull or damaged tendon.โ€

Arjun looked at his swollen foot, bluish-green blood-clot around the ankle. โ€œI thought it was a sprain.โ€

โ€œI told you last night, it wasnโ€™t a sprain.โ€ She re-tied a crepe bandage after applying pain-killer spray. โ€œI donโ€™t think you should go out in this rain, itโ€™s really unsafe.โ€

Arjun wanted to protest but his body said otherwise.  

โ€œIโ€™ll bring you breakfast so you can have the medicines.โ€ 

Roshni brought tea and upma. Arjun felt wide awake as the soothing aroma of cardamom, tulsi and ginger filled his senses. 

โ€œThank you.โ€

Roshni sat across. Her mind and heart bickering over the possibilities

โ€œThank you for the delicious breakfast.โ€ Arjun broke the silence when he felt her gaze focused on him.

She silenced her wild thoughts. โ€œYou could taste it?โ€

โ€œMildly.โ€

Roshni smiled. โ€œDo you usually exhaust yourself like this?โ€

โ€œLast few months were quite hectic.โ€

โ€œMaybe try taking some regular breaks. It is necessary for your well-being.โ€

โ€œThe criminals will definitely be happy.โ€

She shrugged and gave him a dose of medicine, โ€œTake some rest now.โ€

โ€œWhere are you going?โ€ Arjun asked abruptly. Roshni turned, looking at him curiously, which made her look so cute that Arjun feared his heart was gone.

โ€œI- uh - I mean - uhโ€ Arjun thought for a moment. โ€œI loved the title of the book.โ€

โ€œThatโ€™s why I bought it, heart-breaking but interesting.โ€

โ€œNo spoilers please. I will be reading it now. The first two chapters were very intriguing. But I felt sleepy soon.โ€ He looked at the meds on the side table suggestively. 

โ€œGood sleep was needed to heal. Now. Carry on, Iโ€™ll come around lunch time. The bell is here if you need anything.โ€

โ€œThank you.โ€ Arjun opened the book as she left.

โ€œSeems like the rain doesn't want to stop.โ€ Roshni shut the window.

โ€œProbably the stars intended it to be like this.โ€ Arjun sat up for lunch.

โ€˜Stars?โ€™ Indra was offended. โ€˜This is my doing, I'm trying to get you a betrothal, son.โ€™ 

A loud thunder rumbled in the sky. 

โ€œThat was such a beautiful lightning!โ€ Roshni's eyes lit up. She set two plates on the table and served rice and lentils. 

โ€œThanks, I donโ€™t like eating alone.โ€ Arjun took his seat across the table. โ€œYou're not scared of lightning?โ€

โ€œNo. Nature, its phenomena, all so majestic. I really enjoy it. And you?โ€ Her eyes twinkled as she looked out the window in open skies. 

โ€œNot really.โ€ Arjun muttered. The clouds rumbled again. He clicked a picture of his plate and sent in the family group 'Lunch <3'. "So my mother knows I'm well fed." He defended his teen-like behaviour. 

โ€œSweet! If you don't mind, may I ask why you are scared of needles?โ€

โ€œChildhood trauma.โ€

โ€œMay I ask what?โ€

Arjun gulped some water. โ€œWhen I was a child, I used to fall ill every season. The doctor in our village would only give injections and very bitter medicines.โ€

Roshni chuckled. โ€œWhoops!โ€

"Yeah. Since then I've just worked a lot on my health, regular exercise and healthy food so that I don't have to see a doctor again. And then work happened...โ€ 

"Happens to the best of us. When I was studying medicine, with my internship and studies piled up, I nearly had a breakdown managing it."

"I know how hectic it gets. One of my cousins is a doctor, we haven't met in years."

"Indeed. It's been two months since I met my parents."

"They don't stay with you?" Arjun wondered if he overstepped. 

"They live in Nashik, both of them work there."

"My dad also travels for work so I see him once every two weeks or so." 

"You stay alone here?" Roshni inquired.

"With my mom and sister."

"Sister! How sweet! I always wished I had one."

"You're free to take her. I don't mind."

"Why?"

"You'll know it the moment you meet her." 

"I'd love to meet her." Why am I so eager to meet a stranger? What is happening to me?

It didn't rain that night and Arjun felt better so he was discharged the next morning. 

-*-

Two months later.

The studio, brightly lit and lined up with paintings of various sizes for exhibition.

Roshni walked into the hallway, looking at her watch. "Hi!" She turned around hearing the familiar sound. 

Arjun waved. "I hope I'm not late?"

"No. In fact, I just came in." 

"Thanks for coming." 

"Are you gon' talk to her alone or introduce us?" Krishna played with her hair. 

"Roshni, meet my sister, Krishna." 

"Hello!" Roshni greeted, "Nice to meet you!"

"Same!" She hugged Roshni. "You peeps carry on, I'll be around."

She whispered, "Ask her out properly this time."

Arjun shook his head. 

"I didn't know you were interested in visual art." Roshni observed Arjun looking intently at a painting.

"Sometimes you need to step out of all the blood and crime to refresh your mind."

"True."

"I found some time and finished reading Heart Bones. It was fantastic. I usually don't read pure romance books but this one was worth it."

"What's your favourite line from the book?"

"๐Š๐ข๐ง๐๐ง๐ž๐ฌ๐ฌ ๐๐จ๐ž๐ฌ๐ง'๐ญ ๐ฌ๐ข๐ง๐ค ๐š๐ฌ ๐๐ž๐ž๐ฉ ๐ข๐ง๐ญ๐จ ๐ฒ๐จ๐ฎ๐ซ ๐ฌ๐ค๐ข๐ง ๐š๐ฌ ๐ญ๐ก๐ž ๐๐š๐ฆ๐š๐ ๐ž ๐๐จ๐ž๐ฌ. ๐“๐ก๐ž ๐๐š๐ฆ๐š๐ ๐ž ๐ฌ๐ญ๐š๐ข๐ง๐ฌ ๐ฒ๐จ๐ฎ๐ซ ๐ฌ๐จ๐ฎ๐ฅ ๐ฌ๐จ ๐›๐š๐, ๐ฒ๐จ๐ฎ ๐œ๐š๐ง'๐ญ ๐ฌ๐œ๐ซ๐ฎ๐› ๐ข๐ญ ๐จ๐Ÿ๐Ÿ.*" Arjun looked at the painting for a moment, "I can't get this one out of my head. Every day I meet countless people, damaged, broken and I think I can only be kind but never heal them. What's your favourite quote?"

"๐ˆ ๐Ÿ๐ž๐ž๐ฅ ๐ฅ๐ข๐ค๐ž ๐š ๐ฐ๐š๐ญ๐ž๐ซ๐Ÿ๐š๐ฅ๐ฅ ๐š๐ซ๐จ๐ฎ๐ง๐ ๐ก๐ข๐ฆ, ๐ฃ๐ฎ๐ฌ๐ญ ๐ฌ๐ฉ๐ข๐ฅ๐ฅ๐ข๐ง๐  ๐ฆ๐ฒ๐ฌ๐ž๐ฅ๐Ÿ ๐š๐ง๐ ๐ฆ๐ฒ ๐ฌ๐ž๐œ๐ซ๐ž๐ญ๐ฌ ๐จ๐ฎ๐ญ ๐š๐ฅ๐ฅ ๐จ๐ฏ๐ž๐ซ ๐ญ๐ก๐ž ๐Ÿ๐ฅ๐จ๐จ๐ซ.*" Roshni looked into his eyes.

The universe paused for them, in that moment. Neither wanted to look away or move.

-*-

"Arjun!" Roshni screamed, running towards him in the salty waters of the Arabian Sea. They were to meet at the beach and she was late. What is he doing there?

"Slow down ma'am!" Arjun held her hand. The clouds gathered in the sky. 

"I can't believe it has been a year."

It started drizzling. 

"One rainy day brought us together, I think another one should put a seal on it." Arjun kissed her hand. His heart was pounding in anticipation.

"It's quite dangerous to be out in the sea on a rainy day." Roshni could feel his pulse rising.

"Don't worry, I can swim." He held her tighter. 

"So you'll be proposing to me here?"

"No. I came in here to find something and I did. Let's go back."

Roshni raised a brow while he held her hand and walked towards the beach.

Arjun got down on his knee, "Doc, would you like to tend my wounds for the rest of our life?"

"I'll still be charging fees." She winked.

"Is my heart enough or you want more?"

"Let me think." She looked at the horizon. 

Arjun pulled out a small heart shaped stone from his pocket. "Maybe this will help you decide?"

"Where did you find this? It's so perfect!" Roshni rubbed her fingers across the stone.

"I found this today, after all this time."

"It's a yes." She embraced him, calming their racing hearts.

โ€œLetโ€™s go ring shopping then?โ€

โ€œWho needs a diamond when I have something much rarer? You.โ€ 

โ€œWhoa! I thought I was a romantic, but you win.โ€ Arjun pecked her soft lips.

-*-

โ€˜Yay!โ€™ Indra thumped his chest. โ€˜After one long year of my hard work, my son finally found his wife.โ€™

โ€˜Wouldnโ€™t be possible without my help.โ€™ Indrani shrugged. 

โ€˜Alright, we both did it. Letโ€™s see someone else now.โ€™ Indra tuned in to another channel.

-*-

*๐‹๐ข๐ง๐ž๐ฌ ๐Ÿ๐ซ๐จ๐ฆ ๐‚๐จ๐ฅ๐ฅ๐ž๐ž๐ง ๐‡๐จ๐จ๐ฏ๐ž๐ซ'๐ฌ ๐‡๐ž๐š๐ซ๐ญ ๐๐จ๐ง๐ž๐ฌ

Thanks for reading. Drop your views, achhe wale tamatar only. 

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Satrangi_Curls thumbnail

Reserved for outtakes ๐Ÿ˜†

Satrangi_Curls thumbnail

You'll enjoy this ๐Ÿ˜ณ

Sutapasima thumbnail

Well written Neha ๐Ÿ‘

dinazz thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Jimmy Jab Games Season 2 0 Thumbnail + 2

OMG, that was so cool! And those references to Indian Religion/ Mythology & Mahabharat was something that absolutely caught my attention. (I'm into Starplus Mahabharat right now, so...๐Ÿ˜†)

I loved how the entire OS shaped up and it was so cute to read! ๐Ÿ‘

Satrangi_Curls thumbnail
Originally posted by: Sutapasima

Well written Neha ๐Ÿ‘

thank you dear ๐Ÿค—

Satrangi_Curls thumbnail
Originally posted by: dinazz

OMG, that was so cool! And those references to Indian Religion/ Mythology & Mahabharat was something that absolutely caught my attention. (I'm into Starplus Mahabharat right now, so...๐Ÿ˜†)

I loved how the entire OS shaped up and it was so cute to read! ๐Ÿ‘

๐Ÿ˜† I'm glad you enjoyed reading ๐Ÿ˜ณ 

Star Bharat is something else ๐Ÿ˜† have fun with it. 

๐Ÿค— thanks a lot โญ๏ธ

kavya1994 thumbnail

Waah Neha, aapne toh Indra aur unki Indrani ji ko matchmaking ke kaam mein laga diya๐Ÿ˜†

Loved itโค๏ธ

https://www.instagram.com/reel/CgwN0JHFZww/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

Satrangi_Curls thumbnail
Originally posted by: kavya1994

Waah Neha, aapne toh Indra aur unki Indrani ji ko matchmaking ke kaam mein laga diya๐Ÿ˜†

Loved itโค๏ธ

https://www.instagram.com/reel/CgwN0JHFZww/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

match made in heaven ๐Ÿคฃ ab wo bhi to bore ho jaate honge ๐Ÿคฃ

I'm glad you enjoyed reading!๐Ÿค—