Mind ur language!! - ( Gitya short story)

Posted: 1 years ago

I usually write fictions on upcomings giving my own story as to how it could go about. 

This is one i thought of Gitya after getting the rumors of their marriage recently assuming if it was a bride swap. 

Mind your language!! - a short story 

Wedding night.

He was shattered looking at his blurry reflection through the glass bottle of vodka and thought deeply 

" I married my greatest enemy of all times, Ginni Grewal. Babaji pls spare me from her madness" .

In aditya's bedroom.

She shifted restlessly on the comfortable white bedsheets of the king size bed staring at the decorations accomplished by adi's siblings an hour earlier. The rose petals looked beautiful in that heart shape at the centre of the bed. The surrounding candles lit the room so brightly that she felt like sitting in the sky surrounded by twinkling stars. 

She sighed deeply. 

" I married a heartless human".

She was perspiring in the heavy red gold embroided bridal attire. It was the heat of the summer to be blamed and the AC in the room was not functioning well. 

She sighed again.  The AC resembled it's owner Aditya Singh the sadu chap of Amritsar . Angry young man of the millennium. 

She opened the glass window at the corner of the room which faced the balcony at the backyard of the mansion and enjoyed the cool breeze of the dark nite 

Her memories refreshed the events that took place on the day of the wedding.. How she tricked simran into marrying Aditya. How the family reacted harshly towards her and finally Daarji her saviour interrupted and shut everyone stating it was babaji's wish to unite the duo. The oldie showered the newly weds with wonderful blessings and even warned the rest of the members including Aditya that Ginni should be treated well with due respect as the new DIL of the Singh family. Anyone disobeyed would be thrown out instantly. 

He took slow steps towards his room making sure he was sober enough to argue with her for the blunders she did at the mandap a few hours ago. How dare she swap the place with Sam. What does she think of herself. Ginni Grewal, i am not gonna spare u.

As she heard footsteps coming closer, she knew the monster was approaching to ambush her. Perhaps even slice her into pieces as his grandfather didn't give him the chance to speak up earlier. Now he's gonna explode. She remained calm and worked on her own plan . Well, she needed a shield from that tsunami that was approaching closely. 

He was surprised to see her sitting like a new bride with a gunghat and more annoyed with the decorations. 

He moved forward coming closer and she felt her pulses raised. Hopefully little bro's plan will work. This man is not gonna spare me and neither his family. They will still taunt me in daarji's absence. Youngest sibling of Aditya was an intelligent male species. The genius singh. He knew his SIL would be crushed by the family and gave her the idea to shield herself from the clowns. 

He stood close enough that she could smell the vodka from his bad breath. She was wondering which toothpaste he used daily. Definitely it was not colgate.

" Ms Ginni Grewal, this bed is mine. Not yours. First u took place as my bride. Now u think u can conquer my bed" 

His harsh voice interrupted her thoughts. 

Silence. No reply. He was getting irritated.

"I dislike talking to the walls". He repeated twice and finally she spoke through the gunghat.

" Ni how ma". ( Chinese language meaning how are u)

He was extremely shocked and took a few steps behind as though he was looking at a chinese ghost 

" Idk, what did u say. Who are u.".

She was silent. He was getting nervous and thought to himself." Don't tell me a chinese ghost possessed Ginni". 

Then she repeated again sweetly through the gunghat. " Ni how ma".

He became frightened and plastered himself at the door glaring at the bride who was not moving an inch away from his bed and was speaking in a very different language. 

" Iddk , u missing ur ma??". He was shivering with his right hand clutching the door as if he was gonna take off the second she moved. 

She spoke again, sweetly.

" Woo aai ni" ( in Chinese meaning i love u) 

He shivered  with fear. What is she saying. 

" Idk what did u just say". 

Finally she stood up straight at once and pointed her fore finger at him with her face still covered. 

Loudly and harshly 

" Vo ta ni yaa!!!". ( Meaning i am gonna beat u up).

That's it. She was possessed by a Chinese ghost.

Aditya Rai Singh ran as fast as he could and drove speedily spending the night in a hotel room nearby while Ginni Grewal slept soundly in his bed after tricking him with a language he was not well versed 

She sighed as she surrendered to her heavy eyelids. She was exhausted and the cool night breeze from the window as well as the soft mattress beneath her spine welcomed her to a deep sweet slumber. Ginni surrendered to a new journey of her life. Full of struggles but definitely with solutions to overcome them. And the first was to protect herself from aditya and his family taunts as well as misbehaviors. She knew she was living in a lion's den and sharp deadly claws awaited to ambush her . She was a prey . She needed a shield. The kiddo was her brilliant supporter with fabulous ideas. 

A flashback a day earlier.

The mischievous little boy was playing at the front porch of the mansion when he heard voices of two person chatting softly at the garden just beside. He sneaked behind the tall trees and saw Ginni and her brother Goldie discussing about the bride swap. The brat then interrupted and told them he wanted to be a part of their plan as he disliked Sam   He was always fond of Ginni instead and she made wonderful kadda prasad. He even warned them if they didn't tag him along then he will reveal their plan to the family . The duo had no choice but to accept the kiddo as their partner in crime.

On the day of marriage.

As Ginni was busy getting dressed after kidnapping Sam, the boy came to her with a Punjabi Chinese dictionary and stated. This will protect u from the bad mouthes after your marriage with the monster.  Be prepared. Your eardrums will get burst. You won't have the stamina to fight with all . So best would be shoo them away by scaring them. Be a bride possessed by a Chinese ghost.

Ginni knew the kiddo was right but to act like she was possessed was not her cup of tea. She hesitated at first but later gave up as she knew she will not be spared by the family. Aditya would swallow her alive. Play the game. She gave her consensus to the plan and started memorizing the chinese dialects. 

She was puzzled as to why Chinese was chosen and not other languages like french or Russian to which the  brat replied shrewdly with an evil smirk on his face 

" Daarji told me there was a Chinese lady who died in the neighborhood many years ago. She was abandoned by her children and lived all alone till she died. The family didn't even fulfill her last rites and the priest stated her soul was not in peace . 

A few weeks after she passed away at the hospital, people noticed the lights in her home were flickering during night hours when actually no one lived there. They even saw a shadow moving inside the house. The four story giant house was later demolished after two decades and a commercial mall was built in replacement by the state government after no one claimed any rights on the property. 

But till present, people claimed the mall was haunted. The Chinese ghost was still wandering. 

Despite it were rumours, some still believed till date. 

He further stated the Rai Singhs are lions from the outside but mouse from the inside especially taiji who was very much afraid of spirits. 

The next morning at 8 am in a hotel room 

He switched on his phone. 

Numerous mis calls from grandpa and text messages 

Where the hell are u ?? Leaving ur bride all alone.

He sighed and texted ," Grandpa, she is not in herself". 

The reply came instantly. " Come home fast. Ginni made wonderful kheer and puri chole for breakfast. It's her first rasoi".

He was puzzled 

When did a Chinese ghost know how to cook indian dishes. Damn! She tricked me. 

Half hour later in Singh's residence

He was furious. She was gonna pay for her deeds. The family was seated at the dining table looking puzzled and nervous, quietly having their meals except daarji and his grandson who looked normal. What's wrong with these people. Why do they looked frightened? 

A sweet voice interrupted from behind.

" Ni how ma". He turned to look in horror. She was dressed in a pink ceongsam holding a tray of sweets to be served  ( Ceongsam is a Chinese traditional attire) . He rushed instantly towards the other side of the dining table to be seated with the rest of the family with taiji's frantic voice over the table 

"From just now, she kept saying ma ma. What is she talking. Is she missing her mother or children ".

The others were silent. The family  wondered why would the Chinese aunty who died many years ago possess ginni's body. Is she trying to give them a message. 

Amber was annoyed and stated she was pretending. Ginni was playing a trick on them but the rest of the members objected firmly. She was indeed possessed. How does ahe know the language in the first place. And why Chinese not other languages. The only one ghost that haunted the neighborhood was a Chinese old lady who was all alone ditched by her children . She died in misery. Maybe she was fond of Ginni. 

The day went by peacefully with the Singh family keeping their distance from the newly wedded bride who only spoke Chinese dialects throughout the day and behaving strangely. They couldn't understand a single word she uttered. 

Aditya was getting restless. So much he wanted to taunt her but couldn't as she conversed in different language. She was spooky. He was frightened. He decided to spend the night in a friend's place 

The same night in Aditya's room 

The three happy individuals had a toast over three glasses of lassi for their first victory. Daarji, Ginni and the brat. Apparently the oldie tagged along in their plan after the kiddo spilled the details of the bride swap to his grandfather. 

Daarji advised Ginni to be aware of her surroundings. The family was unpredictable especially her own husband, Aditya Rai Singh.

Will he ever find out Ginni tricked him . 

Or carried on to be fooled .

After two days of being tortured in the hands of Ginni the chinese ghost,  aditya decided to meet a psychiatrist. Maybe she was not possessed.  Perhaps only mentally retarded. 

In the psychiatrist 's office 

Dr. Arun , happily:  yes, young man how can i help u??

Aditya, upset : doctor i just got married two days ago and my wife is possessed by a Chinese ghost. She is acting weird.

Total silence. Shocked doctor to himself 

"What the hell?? I am a psychiatrist not a tantric baba" but he still spoke politely.

Dr arun , calmly :  idk , did she ever had a Chinese boyfriend before u 

Aditya confused: I am not aware. . I hardly even know her" 

The doctor was confused. " U don't know ur wife??'.

Aditya puzzled : well it was an unexpected marriage.

The doctor interrupted before the former could continue further.

" Aha , there u go. The dead Chinese boyfriend was pissed with the marriage. That's why he possessed her to keep her away from u. Very soon he will take her to china with him to play golf at the Great Wall".

Total silence. Aditya was confused like hell.

" Idk , i don't know if she had a Chinese bf before but there was a Chinese old lady whose ghost haunted the neighborhood years ago when i was a kid".

Dr. Arun smiled widely.

" Ok , i got the answer to ur problem. It's the mother of the bf then. Perhaps she wanted to make ur wife her DIL but she married u instead and oldie got pissed ".

Total silence. Aditya was still confused.

" Whatever it is . What shall i do. I mean i can't stay away from my room and sleep in hotels every night" 

Dr. Arun, cheerfully.

" Very simple, just return to ur room and do this simple trick". Aditya listened carefully and obeyed. But was still confused if it would work to shoo the ghost away. ".

The doctor sighed after the young man left his office. " He doesn't even know she's tricking him. What an id***. 

The same night in Aditya's bedroom 

She changed into her pyjamas ready to surrender to a sweet slumber in his king size bed when she heard footsteps. oh no. He's coming. What shall i do??.

She pretended to sit on the bed and start her trick to get rid of him

As soon as he entered. She was shocked. He was shirtless and drunk. 

She knew in that state he won't be easily tricked as he himself was not sober   

He staggered slowly towards her following the plan laid by the doctor.

" Hello madam luteri. U snatched my bed and room. In short, my precious bedroom. Now get ur a** out of here before i opened the zip of my pants and show u my precious horny pride who only craves for the Chinese women".

She knew she had to defend herself from the drunk husband and was not aware that he was actually sober and pretending . He just wanted to get rid of her. 

" Ni how ma". She started her Chinese version to which he winked .

"My maa from heaven will witness our first night".

She was frustrated and repeated a few times. He was just not going away and was moving closer every inch that she could feel his warm touch of the right shoulder brushing against the soft skin 

of her back.

He sat beside her and stated in a husky tone putting his arm around her feeling the pressure of her delicate curvy waist.

" Woo aai ni " ( i love u in Chinese).

Without wasting time, she pushed him away and took off to daarji's room spilling how their plan was failing. Aditya had his own tricks.

The battle was long , spicy, lusty and romantic. Somehow it started off with different language dialects to confuse the other but more was coming in for the duo as each was determined not to give up 

Daarji smiled to himself as he rested his head on his yellow fluffy pillow after Ginni left with his little grandson to sleep in his room. 

"The newlyweds were made for each other. God knows when will they realize it". 

The end 

Edited by Aniash - 1 years ago

This was such a unique take. Made me think of the Thai movie, where the hero falls in love with a ghost that possess the body of a women. 

Originally posted by DJ_3

This was such a unique take. Made me think of the Thai movie, where the hero falls in love with a ghost that possess the body of a women. 

Tq dear 

Despite being born and living in Malaysia for decades , i've been to neighbouring Thailand only once. Bangkok and Pattaya in 2010.

I am not fond of thai movies especially horror ones . They are really scary 

Only one horror comedy that i saw long ago on tv was about a haunted hospital. That was funny.

The one u mentioned is quite interesting. Never heard about it though. What happened in the climax. The guy was successful to get his love or he died to be with the ghost??

Edited by Aniash - 1 years ago
Originally posted by Aniash

Tq dear 

Despite being born and living in Malaysia for decades , i've been to neighbouring Thailand only once. Bangkok and Pattaya in 2010.

I am not fond of thai movies especially horror ones . They are really scary 

Only one horror comedy that i saw long ago on tv was about a haunted hospital. That was funny.

The one u mentioned is quite interesting. Never heard about it though. What happened in the climax. The guy was successful to get his love or he died to be with the ghost??

It was a horror comedy called Pee Mak. Actually the guy continued to live with the ghost as her husband.

I liked how in your story Adi and Ginni were coming closer and Adi admired Ginni's cleverness. Will you continue with this or other shots?

This was very funny. The ending was hilarious 😆

My God. 

Purane dino ki yaad aa gayi reading it. 🤣🤣🤣🤣

Good to see you here. 

Do continue writing. I have always enjoyed your takes. 

Originally posted by DJ_3

It was a horror comedy called Pee Mak. Actually the guy continued to live with the ghost as her husband.

I liked how in your story Adi and Ginni were coming closer and Adi admired Ginni's cleverness. Will you continue with this or other shots?

No plans to continue this shot at the moment