Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat

Ranveer-Alia are the SRK-Kajol of the current generation: Papa JO😍

hasini009 thumbnail
Posted: 1 years ago

Karan Johar says Ranveer Singh-Alia Bhatt are the Shah Rukh-Kajol of the current generation: ‘When they face the cameera…’ 

Filmmaker Karan Johar talks about his fondness for Alia Bhatt, her crackling chemistry with Ranveer Singh and more. 

karan johar ranveer singh alia bhatt shah rukh khan kajolRanveer Singh and Alia Bhatt are playing the lead roles in Karan Johar's next directorial Rocky Aur Rani Ki Prem Kahani. (Photo: Instagram/KJo and Express Archives) 

Filmmaker Karan Johar believes that actors Ranveer Singh and Alia Bhatt’s pairing as an on-screen couple comes close to Shah Rukh Khan and Kajol’s, who are considered one of Bollywood’s ever-green couples. Ranveer and Alia starred together in Gully Boy and have wrapped up KJo’s next film, Rocky Aur Rani Ki Prem Kahaani.

During a series of Qs and A’s with Rajeev Masand, KJo was asked about his preference between Ranbir Kapoor and Ranveer Singh. He answered, “I’ve had the best time working with both the talented gentlemen.” Karan Johar had earlier worked with Ranbir in the film Ae Dil Hai Mushkil.  Speaking about Alia Bhatt, he said, “I’ve been accused about being partial to her. I’ve been accused of always looking out for her. But I feel that with such incredible talent like that, I feel privileged.” KJo had launched Alia with her debut film Student Of The Year in 2012 with Sidharth Malhotra and Varun Dhawan

On who are the SRK-Kajol of this generation, he said, “When Ranveer and Alia face the camera, you will see that chemistry because they’re buddies, they’re friends. That friendship results in chemistry.” Alia had also defended Ranveer’s controversial photoshoot and had said during the promotions of Darlings, “I don’t like anything negative said about my favorite co-star Ranveer Singh. Toh main yeh question ko bardasht bhi nahi kar sakti (So I cannot tolerate this question). I love him. He’s our favourite and he has given us so much in the movies. We should only give him love.”

Karan Johar’s Rocky Aur Rani Prem Kahaani is set to release next year and features a strong cast that includes Dharmendra, Shabana Azmi and Jaya Bachchan. In 2019, Karan had announced his film Takht, which again stars Ranveer and Alia. However, the film hasn’t gone on floors yet, and recently KJo dismissed rumours that it had been shelved. 

https://indianexpress.com/article/entertainment/bollywood/karan-johar-ranveer-singh-alia-bhatt-shah-rukh-khan-kajol-8070085/lite/

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

hasini009 thumbnail

aand Alia-Ranbir are the Kajol-Ajay Devgan of the current generation 

oh_nakhrewaali thumbnail

Bolte waqt Ranbir ka Ranveer waala autocorrect hua shaayad😅 No other explanation for KJO praising someone who isn't Ranbir

Strangers02 thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 3

hasini009 thumbnail
Originally posted by: oye_nakhrewaali

Bolte waqt Ranbir ka Ranveer waala autocorrect hua shaayad😅 No other explanation for KJO praising someone who isn't Ranbir

ye Ran (bir+Veer) confusion, combination chalta hi rahega JTHJ JTHJ😆

altgr thumbnail

Originally posted by: oye_nakhrewaali

I think he has already started the promotion of Rocky Rani😆

oh_nakhrewaali thumbnail
Originally posted by: altgr

Bhramastra is releasing before that naa? So why mess up with the AMAZING chemistry Alia has with her babay's father by talking about her chemistry with another man? 

hasini009 thumbnail
Originally posted by: altgr

waise bhi Brahmastra par hopes nahi hain. Rocky aur Rani hi sahi😆

oh_nakhrewaali thumbnail
Originally posted by: hasini009

ye Ran (bir+Veer) confusion, combination chalta hi rahega JTHJ JTHJ😆

Yeh Math Jhanvi ko mat dikhana🤣

rushi1981 thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Epic 🤣🤣🤣👏👏👏