Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat

When Aamir Khan replaced Divya Bharti with Juhi Chawla in Darr

oyebollywood thumbnail
Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 7
Posted: 1 years ago

https://www.hindustantimes.com/entertainment/bollywood/when-aamir-khan-replaced-divya-bharti-with-juhi-chawla-in-darr-101659101132081.html

Divya Bharti later told Stardust in an old interview, “It’s sad that he’s got the attitude that he’s senior and that if we juniors make mistakes we’re out. He should correct me. As a senior he should tell me my mistakes, not take them to heart. He should behave like a senior, not a star. Actually one of the organisers even told me that Aamir felt I was ignoring him. But tell me, what difference does it make to him if I ignore him or not? I always greeted him with a ‘hello sir’. I didn’t ignore him at all. If I did too, it was obvious why. Believe me, I was so upset that I sat in the bathroom and cried for hours. I was very hurt. But I had to be brave and go out there and perform. As we were all paid to do so. I’m still very quite upset with Aamir’s starry attitude. Thank god for Salman and his genuine niceness.”

In 1993, Divya was chosen to play the role of Kiran Awasthi in Darr but was later replaced by Juhi Chawla. In an old Filmfare interview, Bharti's mother Meeta Bharti said, “Many people still think that Divya lost Darr because she had a problem with Yash Chopra. That wasn't the case. When Sunny was signed, he wanted Divya opposite him. But Aamir wanted Juhi Chawla. Unfortunately, at that time, we were in America for some shows. Before we left they announced Darr with Sunny, Divya and Aamir. When we returned it was Sunny, Juhi and Aamir. It seemed that Aamir who was also working with Yash Chopra in Parampara, managed to push Juhi and had Divya dropped. After he got Juhi into Darr, he was dropped and Shah Rukh was taken.”

Edited by oyebollywood - 1 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Guddu.Pandit thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 5

TotalBetty thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3

What was AK's beef with DB? She did greet him everyday with Hello Sir...

Hope ignore isn't euphemism for something 😛

TotalBetty thumbnail

It would've been very interesting to see him in that role

Why did he drop out

Sea-stars thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 4

When people start licking you, you got an attitude.

Rekha_ji thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2

Slight correction:

(1) Sridevi was the first choice. 

(2) The second choice was Madhuri Dixit

Both queens turned it down.

(3) The role then went to Divya Bharti and she accepted.

-

(4) Aishwarya Rai was screen-tested by Yash Chopra in early 1993 for potentially this role, or another film as her launch as he was very eager to work with her, but things didn't work out... as the Miss India thing took-off.

(5) Apparently Raveena Tandon was also offered the film, but she declined because her fiancé Akshay Kumar had promised her a wedding ring, so she wrapped up all her films by 1994/1995... but she... didn't even get a rakhi 🤓

(6) Anyways, I think Juhi Chawla was the perfect choice for the film, she had a blockbuster year overall too 😎❤️

loginidran thumbnail
Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 3 Thumbnail

This content was originally posted by: BettyA1

It would've been very interesting to see him in that role

Why did he drop out

Because he wanted a joint narration with Sunny which Yash Chora refused. 

https://www.hindustantimes.com/entertainment/bollywood/when-aamir-khan-revealed-why-he-was-removed-from-yash-chopra-s-darr-mera-ek-principle-hai-101641978132035.html

canuck-umz thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2

The right people ended up getting the film. Too bad Sunny wasn't replaced too. 😒

BhataktiJawani thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 7

Thank God they took SRK and made this movie memorable ⭐️

TotalBetty thumbnail

Who should've replaced Sunny then? Amir Khan?