What's your take on success of RRR in the west? - Page 2

Posted: 1 years ago
Originally posted by FlyOnTheWall

Aur Brits are hating this film 😆 apna reality accept nahi karenge 

Ye Churchill jo kiya India me should have been highlighted by Indians lekin ye log to Sardar Udham ko Oscar ke liye nominate nahi kiye ye soch kar ke ki brits will get mad

https://archive.ph/hAlwe

@bold : Yaar ye topic toh yaad hi mat dilao. I've been in UK for the past few years and colonial rule defend toh krke hi maante hain ye log. 

They'll agree with everything you say and then end with 'But but but, had colonialism not happened, India would still have Sutthi(yes, in their accent) and caste. And the famine helped defeating Hitler. So all was for the greater good. Cheers' 

Khoon khaul jata hai, I swear. 

I posted the below before, also director of dr strange, seth rogen's mom are posting, it is nowhere paid, i think the filmamker is also surprised, it is organic

from what I heard from american friends and tweets etc, i think they love it because 

1. the action scenes are very imaginative and unlike what they are used to seeing, fire, water, nature, colonialism, tribes, independence  and it is all native, rooted in indian culture not copied from west 

2.  all elements together (dance+comedy+action etc) which we are used to but for them the genres of musical and action are seperate, it is like batman and spider man dancing together is mindblowing for them 3. no uneccessary romance, dutes, item songs etc which bore them  even the songs are story based 

4. anti colonialism 

5. old fashioned bromance, they are a bit tired of edgy, preachy, woke, politically correct stuff, guys just doing fun stuff together without judgement is very refreshing for them 

6. they are starting to find the whole marvel thing lot of money but unimaginative

7.  great performances and every part is technically top notch, I heard so many podcasts breaking down the technicalities, they are amazed that this is at such a small budget .

Originally posted by FlyOnTheWall

Starting me it felt like it lekin RRR is only non English film to stay in top 10 list of Netflix for 10 weeks 

Jabki ye uska original version bhi nahi hai 

Jab collections a gaya hai sab jagah se to uske PR me paisa waste karne ka koi matlab hai nahi 

Itna cheap to hoga nahi ki alag alag log ko paida de paya ho 

Lets accept ki people are liking this film 

Ab question hai ki why? 

Lots of reasons..movie ticks most of the boxes people look for in a film.

Friendship, Fantasy, Patriotism, Freedom struggle, Family values, Cultural bonding, Love, Ethnicity, Emotions..and a larger than life cinematic experience 

How was Sutti performed? The woman just jumped into fire and screamed until was charred to death ? Was there any medicine or ointment to prepare her for it

Originally posted by trouble_006

@bold : Yaar ye topic toh yaad hi mat dilao. I've been in UK for the past few years and colonial rule defend toh krke hi maante hain ye log. 

They'll agree with everything you say and then end with 'But but but, had colonialism not happened, India would still have Sutthi(yes, in their accent) and caste. And the famine helped defeating Hitler. So all was for the greater good. Cheers' 

India ka post independence literacy rate 12% tha 

Ignorant they are 

Originally posted by trouble_006

basically what does a few million brown peoples lives matter when it can save some white nations

and they saw gandhi (nothing against gandhi) and convinced themselves that all freedom fighters were passive beings who did dharna and the british left like gentlemen quitely with a handshake 

i totally enjoyed when rrr kept showing what they thought was the value of brown lives and also unlike other movies it went the fictional path and hence had a happy victorious ending and not freedom fighters dying 

Originally posted by BettyA1

How was Sutti performed? The woman just jumped into fire and screamed until was charred to death ? Was there any medicine or ointment to prepare her for it

Wo i think would be tied to funeral pyre

Lekin kyo?