Posted: 1 years ago

One time decent watch. Starts off well, ends okay. Performances are adequate, nothing out of the world extraordinary. 

2.75 stars. Or 3 stars if I can be a bit generous.

Good they released on OTT. Wouldn't have worked at the box office.

Its a good movie and I like Shefali , Vijay Raaz and Alia bhatt performances ..

My only concern is how the Paid PR will accentuate Alias impact and conveniently forget that Vijay and Shefali were terrific too.. 

Similar to how in Highway  , Randeep hooda was brilliant , but the media built a perception that its an Alia bhatt movie ...

Edited by Ahana_Sehgal21 - 1 years ago

My Review- *SPOILERS ALERT*

First of all, film dekhi OTT pe hai par Ek Standing ovation for the whole Team for making this Masterpiece, every single one of them deserves every applaud for bringing this kind of story in this unique way. If this film had come in theatres, there would have been riots of Whistling and Seetiyaan.

Director - Jasmeet K Reen - Lady Director, Madam ko ikkis topn ki Salaami from my side. What a brilliant direction. Every department of the film, story, screenplay, music, thrill, suspense, dialogues, Dabangg Director is the captain of this ship and has done a brilliant job. You are now officially on my list of favorite directors. I will wait for your next film, "KTina", as the writer. 

Story - A Subject which should be discussed in large numbers, so that one day we can eradicate this problem from those households. If there is a disease, it is understood that cure takes time, here when the problem is in your partner, in this time which exist in city, subarbs. A line from film "Ye Duniya twitter pe theek ho gayi hai, hamaare liye nahi" means the world's has changed on twitter, not in the lives of ppl like us. Right from 1st frame to ending, this story has everything to keep you engage to your seat. Brownie points for this one.

Screenplay/Background Score/Production design - Every single thing is brilliant, from 1 shot to another, 1 scene to another, will give 1 example of background score which is that much detail. A scene in which Roshan Mathew try to stop Vijay & on the back of that road, a truck is moving, for 2-3 seconds that truck's dagad dagad you can see, which isn't required, nobody bothers to care, but it is taken care of to give that much realistic effect to that scene. Ek point idhar bhi de daalo. Comedy lines, dialouges, sab ke sab fitting in all situations.

The script is tailor-made, so fine that every character has come out on their own.

Performances-

Vijay Verma - He is in terrific form, what a negative role he has played, Ek Number hai bawa, evil to the base, u will start hating him from the 2nd scene onwards ke iss bande ka kuch karo, that much good he played his character. He is in the same league as actors like Vijay Raaz, Abhishek Banerjee, Manoj Bajpai. He has given a look to his character, a hairstyle, his language has a dialect, that Muslim specific one, desi style. Just amazing, full marks. He has lived up to the expectation. We will see him soon in Mirzapur 3 also, Chotey.

Shefali Shah - She never disappoints, every film, every series she does she does it to perfection. Wonderful artist, no words how good she has played the role of Alia's mother in the film. This Khaala has a secret & a surprise love story. It's refreshing to see it on screen.

Roshan Mathew was ok. Inspector/constable were funny, Vijay's boss also was good. The rest of the cast is also good.

Now the Cream of this film - Alia Bhatt - This role's story revolves around her. After a long time, a central female character is written, who carries so much variety, she is funny, she is romantic, she is innocent, and she has that grey shade in her. All in all, it is one of the best roles she has played in her recent films. 

Producers - "We love u Srk" starting mein aata hai, this is by far his productions best film in which he hasn't acted. Alia as producer what a project to start with. They backed a capable team & result is jhakaas.

At the End MUSIC, Mind blowing, not the usual album, situational ones, 2 songs by Gulzaar, Vishal's music "La Ilaaj", the one which now I will listen to non-stop for the whole month. Such a beautiful song. Thank you, Gulzaar Saab for this gem.

Now stop reading my review & go stream this film on Netflix.

Rating - 6/5 ****** (1 Extra star for Srk, as u all know I am such a big fan of him)

Alia's habit of adding "s" in every English word is hilarious. Now go watch it and notice it.

Edited by Guddu.Pandit - 1 years ago

average,alia is fine but if you consider gangubai then disappointing 

Sad to see a film starring and produced by India's biggest actress being dumped like this on OTT. That too after the cinemas have reopened. 

so happy vijay verma is getting osm reviews...shefaali too..but that was expected. i loved vijay verma in gully boy

https://twitter.com/jammypants4/status/1555482492085276674?s=20&t=ak8I7qXqXkQ1Q3y8bJoU7w

Edited by Briaahna - 1 years ago