Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

FlyOnTheWall thumbnail
Jimmy Jab Games Season 2 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 1 years ago
Originally posted by: FingerFetish

I find that all Western musicals pretty much suck anyway. La La Land put me into an self-induced coma, and that was supposedly "good" .. though apparently not good enough to keep me conscious. I have zero expectations from this but I wish them the best of luck. 

Uska badla to Oscar me announcement time le liya 😆

capricornrcks thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: FingerFetish

I find that all Western musicals pretty much suck anyway. La La Land put me into an self-induced coma, and that was supposedly "good" .. though apparently not good enough to keep me conscious. I have zero expectations from this but I wish them the best of luck. 

Back in the day they used to be good at making musicals. Is there anyone who hates The Sound of Music? That said Aladdin still haunts me...the scope for tacky garish costumes and extras who do not know how to dance wearing desi costumes. Say what will about KJo and SLB. Their songs have a color palette. They do not simply throw colors together. And the extras dont get it that  you don't dance the same in desi formal wear the way you do when you're wearing a pair of shorts. The heavy clothing restricts movements to some extent and at the same time imbibes a certain dignity and grace (if you have decent dancing skills).

Edited by capricornrcks - 1 years ago
angels_eyes thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2

That is the best they could do 😐

Who was casting?? 

JayaBachan thumbnail

Originally posted by: capricornrcks

Back in the day they used to be good at making musicals. Is there anyone who hates The Sound of Music? That said Aladdin still haunts me...the scope for tacky garish costumes and extras who do not know how to dance wearing desi costumes. Say what will about KJo and SLB. Their songs have a color palette. They do not simply throw colors together. And the extras dont get it that  you don't dance the same in desi formal wear the way you do when you're wearing a pair of shorts. The heavy clothing restricts movements to some extent and at the same time imbibes a certain dignity and grace (if you have decent dancing skills).

Ditto. I don’t think any culture can give justice to musicals like Bollywood does, especially SLB. There’s just no comparing. 

altgr thumbnail

What's this? Will it release in theatres?

PangaNaLe thumbnail
Own Your Stories Participant 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3

Suhana is in Archies adaptation so it's even I guess.😆

On a serious note, it's easier for Raj's character to be changed from Indian to white American, compared to Simran or her side of the family because of the storyline.

On one hand, it's justified since they're making the play primarily for Americans and not just for NRIs so there would be changes to suit the target audience sensibilities. On the other hand, it's understandable if the desis feel bad or hurt due to Raj's ethnicity being changed.

Edited by PangaNaLe - 1 years ago
PangaNaLe thumbnail
Own Your Stories Participant 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
Originally posted by: altgr

What's this? Will it release in theatres?

Yes it'll release in A theater. You'd have to go to San Diego to watch it.

It's a play.

hasini009 thumbnail

Title kya hain. The Big Hearted Will Take the Bride?😆

altgr thumbnail
Originally posted by: PangaNaLe

Yes it'll release in A theater. You'd have to go to San Diego to watch it.

It's a play.

Will the actors perform live?

altgr thumbnail
Originally posted by: hasini009

Title kya hain. The Big Hearted Will Take the Bride?😆

Come Fall in Love - The DDLJ Musical.