A look at Shiva Pandya through my lens.

Posted: 1 years ago

I've always wanted to revisit Shiva Pandya and take a look back at how I started to love him. So here's a small steps attempts at a look at Shiva Pandya through my lens. 

Let's start from the beginning of where I think I started to see a lot of complexities in Shiva Pandya. 

May 29, 2021: Shiva feels alienated from a sense of abandonment from the fact that Dhara bhabhi ab use daat ti nahi hai. Use lagta hai ki maine aisa kya kar diya ki ab Bhabhi (ma) ko farak hi nahi padta ki main kya karta hu. Farak padta bhi hoga to ye mujhe kis baat ki saza de rahi hai ki inhone meri galtiyon pe tokna bhi chodh diya. Wo apne aap ko torture karta hai bas ye dekhne ke liye ki kya bhabhi ma ab bhi apne aap ko rokegi? Wo jaanta hai Dhara loves him but he still feels abandoned. Shiva is hurt, broken, in tears and Dhara still ignores him with the excuse that Raavi was there. Any mother, koi bhi ma agar apne bete ko takleef me dekhe to sabse pehle uske paas daudti chali aati hai- fir chahe bete ki biwi ho ya na ho, parivaar ho ya na ho. Ye Shiva bhi jaanta hai, aur jab wo ye dekhta hai ki use takleef hui fir bhi Dhara bhabhi aage nahi badi, to uska dil tut jata hai. Use lagta hai ki usne kuch galat kiya, jo kiya wo bahaut galat kiya, sari uski galati hai. Ye sare feelings Shiva ki self hatred, judgement, aur low self-esteem (jo usme pehle se hi tha because of the way people keep treating him about his dressing sense, his emotions, his behaviour) ko aur bhi zyada magnify karti hai. Shiva pehle hi keh chuka hai ki wo chahta hai ki log use apne liye accept kare. Jab use lagta hai ki bhabhi ma ne bhi use abandon kar diya hai, to zaroor usi me koi fault hoga. All of this only stems from his blind faith in Dhara. Wo sirf bhabhi se pyaar nahi karta balki use pooj ta hai. He WORSHIPS her. He can never think, imagine, believe or even accept that Bhabhi can be wrong. He needs to accept she's only a human. Wo Dhara ko bhagwan ka darja deta hai, jo ki bilkul galat hai. This is not only a sign of an unhealthy obsession but also a significant giveaway of toxic relationships. Shiva needs to realise he's worth more than just Bhabhi ma ka bachha. He needs to realise ki Dhara bhabhi bhi insaan hai, wo bhi galatiyan karti hai. Aur unki galatiyon ki wajah se sara parivaar suffer karta hai. Na sirf wo (Dhara) khud. Shiva Pandya deserves all the love in the world.

June 2nd 2021: Shiva opening up to Raavi about how he feels, his soul in the #PandyaStore and how he understands that not every store can be run just by sitting in the managerial position. He understands that every work needs to have someone who's willing to do the gritty work and he isn't ashamed of it. Shiva is proud of his work. He doesn't distinguish nor does he look down upon people who do labour. He asks Raavi for ACCEPTANCE for not just what he does but for WHO HE IS.

June 5, 2021: When Krish is hurt, Shiva instinctively falls to his knees and tells Suman that he's the one to blame. It takes immense talent to convey the feelings of a character without saying anything. KD as Shiva does exactly that. He portrays Shiva's pain, his hurt, his anger, his irritation, his love through his eyes, his expressions- without saying a word. And when he does speak, it leaves you breathless (in a good way) 

I can't begin to describe how much I love Shiva but it wouldn't have been possible without KD. He has such incredible screen presence, even amidst one of the best actors in the show (kruttikadesai)

Looking forward to read more and more on #ShivaPandya and #KanwarDhillon

June 9, 2021: Shiva walking out of the khandar with Raavi on his shoulders while he extends his hand to hold the the pail (?) of Holy Water and we see The "Om Triyambak" Shiva music play over the scene. Let's talk about the symbolism first: Obviously this was showcased to highlight Shiva. They couldn't use Shiva's theme (music) here because it didn't fit the scene. IMO they were trying to show Shiva's strength of character. Raavi had said before "Sirf Shiva naam rakhne se koi Shiv nahi ban jan jata" 

I think this is supposed to be an answer for that. To show that Shiva has many good qualities. That he has strength, not physical but strength of character- as evident in the line "main sab kuch hu par khudgarz nahi hu" 

Shiva is a man of many complexities as portrayed by Kanwar Dhillon in the various nuances of his expressions and actions. It's not as simple or as black or white as Shiva is "Shiv" 

It's not equating Shiva to a God but merely a statement to his very human, but still godly or noble qualities. Despite Shiva having deep trust issues, anger and resentment (for his father's death), despite his irritation with Raavi, Shiva is actually very selfless, caring, sensitive and mature. He is capable of stepping up to the plate when the situation calls for it. This is evident by his extreme maturity and sensitivity towards Raavi on the wedding day. He was gentle with her, he even tried to not fight with her. He cares for her. He feels responsible for her safety. This scene is a testament to everything that is good and just in Shiva.

June 15, 2021: "Is Mami se puch. Isne kabhi rishton me daayre rakhe? Hamesha se rishte todte ayi hai. 10 saal pehle kya kiya yaad hai? Humara parivaar todke rakha tha. Ek bhai ko apne behen se door kiya tha" 

What Shiva did today was absolutely 100% wrong and his violence was his own fault, however his feelings that caused his rage weren't his fault. 

Shiva has always thought ill of himself so he still controlled himself when Prafulla started spouting poison about him-calling him a naukar, gawar, saying he looks like a majdoor, saying he has no aukat. Shiva has always had a lot of insecurities but he carries himself with pride. He feels proud about his work and doesn't differentiate or look down upon people who do manual labour. Even then he always feels like he's unworthy, or undeserving of love. Despite all that, he managed to control his rage. 

But the moment she started speaking about Suman, his anger turned into rage. "Ye mami se puch isne kabhi rishte me dayre rakhe jo main rakhu? Humare parivaar ko tod ke rakh diya tha. Ek bhai ko apni behen se alag kiya tha"

I've said this before and I'll say it again: You can see the pot boil over in Shiva's eyes his heartbreak over the distress caused to his family by Mami, his rage, his fury at someone who gave a lot of pain to his mother. He watched her be tortured over the loss of her brother. He watched his brother get played in public. All when he was a child. His feelings of hatred for mami have been ingrained in his mind since childhood. Shiva wants to protect his family, he feels hurt and betrayed for what happened to his brother and mother. He feels responsible to protect them. Shiva needs help to overcome his hurt, his feelings of betrayal, of being unworthy and most importantly he needs help with his rage. All of this is portrayed so beautifully by Kanwar Dhillon in the little nuances of his eyes. You see him go from annoyance, to hurt to anger and then to rage. Hats off to KD 👏👏

If anyone else would have played Shiva I don't think we would have seen the complexities of his character shine so beautifully on-screen.

June 16, 2021: Shiva and Shiva's monologue: Shiva jaanta hai uska gussa uske bas ke bahar hojata hai. Wo jaanta hai ki Mami aur Kangan ke bare me soch ke uska fuse ud jata hai. Fir bhi, Shiva apne family ke liye bahaut protective feel karta hai. He feels responsible to protect them. Mujhe pata nahi kyu aisa lagta hai that he blames himself for not getting back the kangan's in time or letting them get taken away in the first place. I think he's very hurt and angry at the way Prafulla hurt his mother. That's why he vowed to take them back. This two sided conversation actually feels like Shiva is trying to self actualise and try to remain calm and go with a level headed approach in getting the kangan back. Uske andar hamesha se hi bahaut si insecurities rahi hai but this feeling of helplessness drives him insane. The fact that he couldn't help or protect his mother. Bachpan se hi uske mann me mami ke liye itni ghruna rahi hai apni ma ko dukh dene ke liye. Not to mention he feels she's responsible for his father's death.

June 24, 2021: Shiva isn't a bad person. He isn't even simply 'an angry young man' he's a character that's plagued by not one but many emotions: anger, hurt, betrayal, loss, low self worth- all of which have culminated with him since his CHILDHOOD. What a refreshing experience it is to watch someone so talented, so hard-working and so skilled-delve into a character and portray each and every nuance so beautifully. It's breathtaking. I'm not joking when I say no one could portray Shiva Pandya better than KD.. And if they did, I'm not sure I'd believe them. It feels so comforting to know that a character you love so much is in the good and capable hands of someone who is able to make him shine even when you have various strifes with the show's writing or editing. I'm always spellbound and fascinated, completely drawn in every time I see Shiva. There are things I don't like about him, but despite all that I love him. Who could make it possible if not the man behind the man himself? KD. 

June 26, 2021: About PandyaStore Ep131. 

I re watched the ep about 6 times & each time I did, it was like I was unravelling layer after layer of an onion. I blame Kanwar Dhillon for his outstanding performance as Shiva. Everybody blames Shiva for comparing Raavi with the Kangan but it was actually Mami who did that. Shiva was compelled to act the way he did. His hand was forced. He himself realises he's wrong, that's why he can't look anyone in the eye. He feels helpless. Shiva doesn't know what to do, he can never express how he feels-ever since childhood. He wears his heart on his sleeve but there's so much inner turmoil within him, he doesn't know how to deal with it. He told Raavi "main tujhe tabhi yaha se leke jaunga jab main mami se apne wo kangan le lu" He didn't abandon her. He tried to explain to her that he'll take her home after his issue with Mami is resolved. But she was upset & angry (as she had every right to be) I think somewhere deep inside Shiva expected, or WANTED Raavi to understand him. But when she said she won't come with him, he was hurt. So he said okay then. He was so hurt, he crossed a line-& said hurtful things back. He knows what he did was wrong. He's troubled, distressed over it-but he doesn't know what else to do. He feels some sort of loss, he feels unworthy-that is why he CAN'T take Raavi home without getting those kangan back. Not 'won't' but 'can't' 

"Mujhse nahi ho payega" the pain& hurt is so evident in his eyes, the way he shivers while he speaks, the way his voice breaks. Again, hats off to Kanwar Dhillon Shiva's insecurities have always been dwelling within him, eating him up. Mami keeps scratching his wounds &hence they never heal. He CAN'T go ahead like this. He feels incapable, unworthy, burdened & helpless. I could be wrong but what I see is that there is more to Shiva than just his anger. I loved watching Raavi stand up for herself but I feel like even her anger is misplaced. Why is no one mad at mami? The woman who values gold more than her own daughter??

June 28, 2021: Shiva gets Kangan back. Shiva is such a complex character. He has so much pain, misery and resentment in him because of everything that he had to go through as a child. He lost his father, he lost his sense of self worth because in his mind he couldn't protect his family. This was something that was embedded in him since ten years ago. Shiva has been through so much for more than ten years. He isn't selfish. He wears his heart on his sleeve. Did you notice how worried he was for Raavi? He didn't think twice before giving up his life because but when it came to her he couldn't handle it. His first instinct was to protect her. He ran to grab her and pull her away from the edge. The kangan that everybody thinks is just a piece of gold is actually so much more to him. It's his father's last memory, his last souvenir-the very embodiment of everything that means so much to him. Shiva loves his mother unconditionally and couldn't handle seeing her in pain. He didn't even want to come to the party. He thought he had no other choice but to kill himself. That was heartbreaking. As someone who has been suicidal it makes no sense to me that Raavi is mad at Shiva for this because she thinks it's his 'zidd' 

He lied to Suman to reassure her-HIS MOTHER. That's the kind of person he is- Shiva LIVES for others and is willing to give up his life for them. He isn't selfish. He's selfless. Shiva does have mental health issues including his rage but his reason to die is just as valid (valid-not right) as Raavi's. KanwarDhillon and his beautiful portrayal of Shiva. His scene with Kruttika Desai ma'am is probably one of the best scenes of the show. I felt so much for Shiva. I was in tears. The way he hugged the kangan, as if he was embracing the very embodiment of his father. He was finally free from 10+years of misery, pain, anguish, torment and heartache. It was so beautiful to watch. Freeing. Liberating.

June 30, 2021: "Mere bachpan ke har hisse me tujhse ladayi ke kisse hai. Ajnabee banne ke liye wapas bachpan me jana padega. Jo hum ban nahi sakte."

Shiva & Raavi have always been at odds with each other. However, despite that they've always cared about each other. It's the defining factor of their equation, of their relationship. It's their dynamic

Them being 'strangers to friends' doesn't make sense with their equation because it would be a negation to everything they've been through together. Those very things that they've been through together make their relationship stronger, their bond stronger than ever before. Shiva has started falling for her. The idea of becoming a stranger to Raavi unsettles him. It's not about being a friend or not, it's not about being husband & wife- it's the fact that she has started to mean so much more to him than he could have ever imagined. The idea of being a 'friend' to Raavi sounds foreign to him because he knows that's not how they are. Even if he doesn't know or identify these feelings as love, he knows there's something there that makes him value her as someone who's more than just a friend. The gift he bought for her, the fake chipkali for his chipkali- he bought it even before Raavi and he came to terms. Which means he knew that she's still mad at him and/or upset with him. Even on her birthday text he'd added the 😜 emoji 

I think he was trying to regain some sense of normalcy back in their relationship so he can apologize. & normalcy for them is pranking each other, fighting with each other-like I said, it's the dynamic of their relationship, their comfort zone. Hence him trying to restore some kind of normalcy and happiness to her life is actually very thoughtful on his part which makes him gift even more meaningful than just a prank. 

July 3, 2021: Shiva falling in love is one of the most beautiful cinematic pieces of art I've ever witnessed! After waiting the whole day, I can finally say this. Today was beautiful. Raavi ko apne ghar me, apne paas dekh ke Shiva ko alag sukoon milta hai. He's so happy to have her back. Ab uski choti choti harkate Shiva ke chehre pe muskurahat laati hai. Aj dono hi Shiva-Raavi full pati-patni mode me the. Small, little but meaningful ShiVi moments are what I live for. Raavi getting lost in Shiva- pehli baar apne pati ko, apne Shiva ko taad rahi hai. Yaha tak ki uska wait bhi har rahi thi... His reaction, his little raised eyebrow when she said she was waiting for him was like- "tu?? MERA wait kar rahi thi...?" He was surprised but also intrigued... Their awkwardness in the bedroom and him stopping her... Did he not want to sleep without her? Did he get used to having her around? Dono ko ek dusre ke paas sone ki aadat hogayi hai they're used to the comfort of each other's presence and the way he nods his head at her explanation like he could and would believe anything she'd say in that moment and Shiva recognises his changing feelings are because of Raavi. I live to see meaningful ShiVi progression.

July 6/7(?), 2021: "Fikar mat karna. Hum Pandya Store ko kuch nahi hone denge" 

This is the first time anyone's ever stood beside Shiva. The first time someone's held his hand and told him it's okay to take a step back. That he's not alone. He's always burdened himself with the weight of the world. This is the first time he's found someone who's willing to support him, to stand by his side. Pehli baar Shiva ko kisi ne kaha hai 'main bhi hoon tere sath' 

Pehli baar use koi aisa mila hai jise wo trust kar sake. Someone he can give himself to completely, wholeheartedly and someone he can rely on. He trusts Raavi. At the same time he feels responsible for her deteriorating relationship with her mother.. Her masi-ma, and that's why he's shocked, surprised to see her standing up for him. Shiva hamesha logon ko kehta aya hai ki tum fikar mat karo, mujh pe chodh do, par aj pehli baar use koi aisa mila hai jo use fikar karne se mana kar raha hai. Jo uske liye kisi aur se, apni hi ma se lad raha hai. Wo insaan Raavi hai. Shiva ke mann me Raavi ke liye izzat aur pyaar badh raha hai... Aur yahi izzat aur pyaar unhe kareeb layega.. For both Shiva and Raavi, this is a monumental step in their relationship. 

July 10, 2021: "𝒀𝒆 𝒄𝒉𝒊𝒑𝒌𝒂𝒍𝒊 𝒃𝒉𝒊 𝒏𝒂... 𝑴𝒆𝒓𝒆 𝒅𝒊𝒎𝒂𝒈 𝒎𝒆 𝒂𝒂𝒌𝒆 𝒄𝒉𝒆𝒉𝒆𝒍 𝒌𝒂𝒅𝒎𝒊 𝒌𝒂𝒓 𝒓𝒂𝒉𝒊 𝒉𝒂𝒊.." 

Been meaning to talk about this since the morning. He is so very obviously head over heels in love that somewhere deep down even he realises he's changing. He may not identify those feelings as love just yet but he's aware that her presence in his life matters to him. Thinking about her now, makes him smile- makes him laugh. Makes him happy. After all their misunderstandings, there is finally room for them to breathe and just take in each other's essence. To try to understand each other. However halting the next drunk Shiva/divorce track may be, it is essential for their relationship to progress. Slowly but surely Shiva is starting to realise that Raavi has an important place, not just in his life but in his heart. 

July 12 & 13, 2021: Shiva was so hopelessly, desperately in love that he'd started to daydream about Raavi. So much so that he couldn't believe she's standing there with him in person. This is very symbolic of their relationship. Every time Raavi stands beside him, Shiva is taken aback. 

Shiva has been dealing with a lot of insecurities ever since childhood. He's always been compared with Dev, made jokes about, called names. For the most part, he doesn't let it affect him. He said as much to Raavi, "(log mere bare me kya kehte hai isse) mujhe koi farak nahi padta aur tu bhi padana band kar de" 

The thing is, now he's starting to change. Even he recognises that these feelings, this change is because of Raavi. Shiva is a person who wears his heart on his sleeve and doesn't hold grudges except when someone hurts his family. However his new changed feelings coupled with those of his insecurities- inadequacy, unworthy, is what he harbours deep within his heart and will eventually hurt him and Raavi both. Shiva is a lot of things, he doesn't realise, rather he doesn't feel or accept that he's worthy of love, of being loved. He feels responsible for tying Raavi to a loveless marriage even though it wasn't really his fault or his choice even. He feels burdened because he thinks he ruined her life. He doesn't know that Raavi has started to like him too. He isn't aware of Raavi standing up for him. He isn't aware of Raavi's journal entries about her Shiva. Shiva started to realise his feelings for Raavi. Nevertheless his mind was occupied with misery, self doubt and confusion. He questions himself repeatedly. He thought he isn't worthy of her. That he ruined her life by marrying her. This storm that engulfs Shiva's heart stems not only from his immense and deep love for her, but also from his bubbling insecurities, that have persisted within him since childhood. He doesn't think much of what others think about him, but what Raavi thinks about him matters to him. Raavi matters to him. He's plagued with the amalgam of so many emotions and desires and Kanwar Dhillon portrays it oh so beautifully. My heart breaks for Shiva. This is a testament to KD's gut wrenching performance as Shiva. It's so beautiful to watch on screen. Shiva's evolving feelings coupled with his insecurities, his feelings of being unworthy are coming to a head. Clashing within his heart. But you know what stands out to me? That even though he feels he's unworthy of her, in his heart, he holds Raavi at a greater place than himself. He thinks she's too good for him. That she deserves better. Better than him.

Even in his hungover state, Shiva cares so deeply about Raavi. He saw her shuddering from the cold and immediately went over and put the blanket on her. No matter how conflicting his emotions are, no matter what state he's in- he'll always put Raavi first. He'll always try to do what's best for her...

July 28, 2021: Raavi was trying to gain Shiva's attention. "Tujhe pata hai maine hi sabse pehle us chor ko dekha tha. Aur main to Rishita ki tarah dari bhi nahi. Fat se uske peeche bhagi" She was not only looking for consolation from her fear but she wanted him to be proud of her and praise her. 

She was afraid so she asked him to face her and sleep. It's because his presence, his face- soothes and comforts her. She feels safe with him. Raavi knows Shiva has had her back many times, she knows he's saved her many times. She finds comfort and safety in him. She trusts him. And she has started to accept him. Whereas Shiva- he won't admit it but he's taken in by her antics. He loves his Chipkali for who she is. His smile while looking at her was EVERYTHING. He IS proud of her but he won't admit it. Him turning on her wasn't him trying to humiliate her, but him trying to put distance between him and her. Shiva Raavi ki achhaiyan janta hai. He knows her better than anybody else-that's why he thinks he's not worthy of her. That she's too good for him. These very same insecurities are what compel him to adamantly deny her. 

Now there are way too many nuances with this right from August through December. And I think both Shiva and Raavi are two of the strongest characters in the show. But this thread is about Shiva so let me jump ahead a little into what I think was his state of mind back then. 

August 18, 2021: "𝑻𝒖 𝒚𝒂𝒉𝒂 𝒓𝒆𝒉𝒕𝒊 𝒏𝒂, 𝒕𝒖 𝒚𝒂𝒉𝒂 𝒈𝒉𝒖𝒕 𝒈𝒉𝒖𝒕 𝒌𝒆 𝒋𝒆𝒆𝒕𝒊

𝒂𝒖𝒓 𝒕𝒆𝒓𝒆 𝒔𝒂𝒕𝒉 𝒎𝒂𝒊𝒏 𝒃𝒉𝒊 𝒈𝒉𝒖𝒕 𝒕𝒂.." 

I.. feel like this is such an understated moment for Shiva and understated performance on behalf of KD. It takes so much talent and skill to be able to convey such deep emotions without having been given the liberty to express yourself fully by crying or breaking down. This sentence conveys so much. No body understands Shiva. No one in his family is even trying. He has to go through all this alone. He couldn't tell Raavi how he feels because to him it would never be possible for her to be happy with him. I feel like not enough people understand Shiva or what makes him-him. He's always been selfless, he's always been self sacrificing- that's why he would never let anyone know what's bothering him. Not even Raavi. He doesn't want to burden her. He never would. He never can. He was willing to live his life this way, because he wants to take it all on himself without giving a speck of worry to everybody else. However his feelings intervened in his intentions. He can't help himself. He likes her. He loves her. But he can't see her suffering. And because of that- he suffers himself. More than anyone else could ever make him suffer. Shiva is the person who has borne the sole responsibility of taking up everyone's pain and anguish but.. who has borne his? 

At every step in the beginning, Shiva's reasons for leaving Raavi were selfless. When he thought that the only possible way to do something good for Raavi is to leave her, I think it really showed how he puts everyone above himself. 

Shiva's act of defiance, of acting out, lashing out, being angry-is not out of rebellion, it's not out of selfishness but it's out of an act of service, an act of selfless, unconditional love. And I think that's why he decided to divorce her. He wants her to have a better future. A future with someone she could be happy with, someone who could make her happy, someone who understands her, someone who is compatible with her. He's doing all this to set her free, so she's not bound to a relationship she doesn't want. Shiva isn't a brute, he's not selfish, he's always been the most giving, the most selfless person the house. He didn't hesitate to say to Dhara to marry Raavi because of his unconditional love & respect for his bhabhi, but this time he didn't hesitate to give Raavi the divorce papers either-once again, out of love & respect for her. Even though it breaks him, even though it hurts him, even though he doesn't want to let her go... He must...for her sake he must let her go. Shiva Pandya is a man with many virtues & many vices but his selfless, giving nature remains the highlight of his personality which unfortunately gets taken advantage of, way too many times than I'd like to admit.

"Shayad ye rishta jabardasti chala bhi lete..par us se kya hota?"He's so broken,so hurt but still being so understanding & mature. This is the same level of maturity that Shiva showed on the wedding day when he agreed to hold Raavi's hand for a lifetime, just so she wouldn't be compelled to give her life. I love seeing a small glimpse of our old Shiva back. The mature, understanding Shiva that we all fell in love with. However, he's broken right now. "Dono ghut ghut ke mar jate. Jaanta hu ki parivaar ki khushi unke bachhon me hai.. hum dono ko apni zindagi me aage badhta dekh aur khushi se jeeta dekh na aap humare faisle par afsos nahi karoge" He's resigned himself to the fact that maybe being with his Chipkali, his Raavi is not in his fate. Despite that he's selflessly thinking about her future and her happiness. Even after being brutally slapped& degraded by his family-he's thinks about them. Their happiness.

Srush... omg I'm so so so happy you are here & the topic itself is enough for me to appreciate you❤️

Please come to IF & do share your words 😳

Originally posted by ScarletRose17

I've always wanted to revisit Shiva Pandya and take a look back at how I started to love him. So here's a small steps attempts at a look at Shiva Pandya through my lens. 

Let's start from the beginning of where I think I started to see a lot of complexities in Shiva Pandya. 

May 29, 2021: Shiva feels alienated from a sense of abandonment from the fact that Dhara bhabhi ab use daat ti nahi hai. Use lagta hai ki maine aisa kya kar diya ki ab Bhabhi (ma) ko farak hi nahi padta ki main kya karta hu. Farak padta bhi hoga to ye mujhe kis baat ki saza de rahi hai ki inhone meri galtiyon pe tokna bhi chodh diya. Wo apne aap ko torture karta hai bas ye dekhne ke liye ki kya bhabhi ma ab bhi apne aap ko rokegi? Wo jaanta hai Dhara loves him but he still feels abandoned. Shiva is hurt, broken, in tears and Dhara still ignores him with the excuse that Raavi was there. Any mother, koi bhi ma agar apne bete ko takleef me dekhe to sabse pehle uske paas daudti chali aati hai- fir chahe bete ki biwi ho ya na ho, parivaar ho ya na ho. Ye Shiva bhi jaanta hai, aur jab wo ye dekhta hai ki use takleef hui fir bhi Dhara bhabhi aage nahi badi, to uska dil tut jata hai. Use lagta hai ki usne kuch galat kiya, jo kiya wo bahaut galat kiya, sari uski galati hai. Ye sare feelings Shiva ki self hatred, judgement, aur low self-esteem (jo usme pehle se hi tha because of the way people keep treating him about his dressing sense, his emotions, his behaviour) ko aur bhi zyada magnify karti hai. Shiva pehle hi keh chuka hai ki wo chahta hai ki log use apne liye accept kare. Jab use lagta hai ki bhabhi ma ne bhi use abandon kar diya hai, to zaroor usi me koi fault hoga. All of this only stems from his blind faith in Dhara. Wo sirf bhabhi se pyaar nahi karta balki use pooj ta hai. He WORSHIPS her. He can never think, imagine, believe or even accept that Bhabhi can be wrong. He needs to accept she's only a human. Wo Dhara ko bhagwan ka darja deta hai, jo ki bilkul galat hai. This is not only a sign of an unhealthy obsession but also a significant giveaway of toxic relationships. Shiva needs to realise he's worth more than just Bhabhi ma ka bachha. He needs to realise ki Dhara bhabhi bhi insaan hai, wo bhi galatiyan karti hai. Aur unki galatiyon ki wajah se sara parivaar suffer karta hai. Na sirf wo (Dhara) khud. Shiva Pandya deserves all the love in the world.

June 2nd 2021: Shiva opening up to Raavi about how he feels, his soul in the #PandyaStore and how he understands that not every store can be run just by sitting in the managerial position. He understands that every work needs to have someone who's willing to do the gritty work and he isn't ashamed of it. Shiva is proud of his work. He doesn't distinguish nor does he look down upon people who do labour. He asks Raavi for ACCEPTANCE for not just what he does but for WHO HE IS.

June 5, 2021: When Krish is hurt, Shiva instinctively falls to his knees and tells Suman that he's the one to blame. It takes immense talent to convey the feelings of a character without saying anything. KD as Shiva does exactly that. He portrays Shiva's pain, his hurt, his anger, his irritation, his love through his eyes, his expressions- without saying a word. And when he does speak, it leaves you breathless (in a good way) 

I can't begin to describe how much I love Shiva but it wouldn't have been possible without KD. He has such incredible screen presence, even amidst one of the best actors in the show (kruttikadesai)

This part literally had me in tears. No one better than you have felt & emoted the feelings Shiva would have been feeling in those episodes.  The way you explained about the unhealthy way of relationship of Bhabhi maa. Brilliant 👏 

Originally posted by ScarletRose17

June 9, 2021: Shiva walking out of the khandar with Raavi on his shoulders while he extends his hand to hold the the pail (?) of Holy Water and we see The "Om Triyambak" Shiva music play over the scene. Let's talk about the symbolism first: Obviously this was showcased to highlight Shiva. They couldn't use Shiva's theme (music) here because it didn't fit the scene. IMO they were trying to show Shiva's strength of character. Raavi had said before "Sirf Shiva naam rakhne se koi Shiv nahi ban jan jata" 

I think this is supposed to be an answer for that. To show that Shiva has many good qualities. That he has strength, not physical but strength of character- as evident in the line "main sab kuch hu par khudgarz nahi hu" 

Shiva is a man of many complexities as portrayed by Kanwar Dhillon in the various nuances of his expressions and actions. It's not as simple or as black or white as Shiva is "Shiv" 

It's not equating Shiva to a God but merely a statement to his very human, but still godly or noble qualities. Despite Shiva having deep trust issues, anger and resentment (for his father's death), despite his irritation with Raavi, Shiva is actually very selfless, caring, sensitive and mature. He is capable of stepping up to the plate when the situation calls for it. This is evident by his extreme maturity and sensitivity towards Raavi on the wedding day. He was gentle with her, he even tried to not fight with her. He cares for her. He feels responsible for her safety. This scene is a testament to everything that is good and just in Shiva.

June 15, 2021: "Is Mami se puch. Isne kabhi rishton me daayre rakhe? Hamesha se rishte todte ayi hai. 10 saal pehle kya kiya yaad hai? Humara parivaar todke rakha tha. Ek bhai ko apne behen se door kiya tha" 

What Shiva did today was absolutely 100% wrong and his violence was his own fault, however his feelings that caused his rage weren't his fault. 

Shiva has always thought ill of himself so he still controlled himself when Prafulla started spouting poison about him-calling him a naukar, gawar, saying he looks like a majdoor, saying he has no aukat. Shiva has always had a lot of insecurities but he carries himself with pride. He feels proud about his work and doesn't differentiate or look down upon people who do manual labour. Even then he always feels like he's unworthy, or undeserving of love. Despite all that, he managed to control his rage. 

But the moment she started speaking about Suman, his anger turned into rage. "Ye mami se puch isne kabhi rishte me dayre rakhe jo main rakhu? Humare parivaar ko tod ke rakh diya tha. Ek bhai ko apni behen se alag kiya tha"

I've said this before and I'll say it again: You can see the pot boil over in Shiva's eyes his heartbreak over the distress caused to his family by Mami, his rage, his fury at someone who gave a lot of pain to his mother. He watched her be tortured over the loss of her brother. He watched his brother get played in public. All when he was a child. His feelings of hatred for mami have been ingrained in his mind since childhood. Shiva wants to protect his family, he feels hurt and betrayed for what happened to his brother and mother. He feels responsible to protect them. Shiva needs help to overcome his hurt, his feelings of betrayal, of being unworthy and most importantly he needs help with his rage. All of this is portrayed so beautifully by Kanwar Dhillon in the little nuances of his eyes. You see him go from annoyance, to hurt to anger and then to rage. Hats off to KD 👏👏

If anyone else would have played Shiva I don't think we would have seen the complexities of his character shine so beautifully on-screen.

June 16, 2021: Shiva and Shiva's monologue: Shiva jaanta hai uska gussa uske bas ke bahar hojata hai. Wo jaanta hai ki Mami aur Kangan ke bare me soch ke uska fuse ud jata hai. Fir bhi, Shiva apne family ke liye bahaut protective feel karta hai. He feels responsible to protect them. Mujhe pata nahi kyu aisa lagta hai that he blames himself for not getting back the kangan's in time or letting them get taken away in the first place. I think he's very hurt and angry at the way Prafulla hurt his mother. That's why he vowed to take them back. This two sided conversation actually feels like Shiva is trying to self actualise and try to remain calm and go with a level headed approach in getting the kangan back. Uske andar hamesha se hi bahaut si insecurities rahi hai but this feeling of helplessness drives him insane. The fact that he couldn't help or protect his mother. Bachpan se hi uske mann me mami ke liye itni ghruna rahi hai apni ma ko dukh dene ke liye. Not to mention he feels she's responsible for his father's death.

June 24, 2021: Shiva isn't a bad person. He isn't even simply 'an angry young man' he's a character that's plagued by not one but many emotions: anger, hurt, betrayal, loss, low self worth- all of which have culminated with him since his CHILDHOOD. What a refreshing experience it is to watch someone so talented, so hard-working and so skilled-delve into a character and portray each and every nuance so beautifully. It's breathtaking. I'm not joking when I say no one could portray Shiva Pandya better than KD.. And if they did, I'm not sure I'd believe them. It feels so comforting to know that a character you love so much is in the good and capable hands of someone who is able to make him shine even when you have various strifes with the show's writing or editing. I'm always spellbound and fascinated, completely drawn in every time I see Shiva. There are things I don't like about him, but despite all that I love him. Who could make it possible if not the man behind the man himself? KD. 

June 26, 2021: About PandyaStore Ep131. 

I re watched the ep about 6 times & each time I did, it was like I was unravelling layer after layer of an onion. I blame Kanwar Dhillon for his outstanding performance as Shiva. Everybody blames Shiva for comparing Raavi with the Kangan but it was actually Mami who did that. Shiva was compelled to act the way he did. His hand was forced. He himself realises he's wrong, that's why he can't look anyone in the eye. He feels helpless. Shiva doesn't know what to do, he can never express how he feels-ever since childhood. He wears his heart on his sleeve but there's so much inner turmoil within him, he doesn't know how to deal with it. He told Raavi "main tujhe tabhi yaha se leke jaunga jab main mami se apne wo kangan le lu" He didn't abandon her. He tried to explain to her that he'll take her home after his issue with Mami is resolved. But she was upset & angry (as she had every right to be) I think somewhere deep inside Shiva expected, or WANTED Raavi to understand him. But when she said she won't come with him, he was hurt. So he said okay then. He was so hurt, he crossed a line-& said hurtful things back. He knows what he did was wrong. He's troubled, distressed over it-but he doesn't know what else to do. He feels some sort of loss, he feels unworthy-that is why he CAN'T take Raavi home without getting those kangan back. Not 'won't' but 'can't' 

"Mujhse nahi ho payega" the pain& hurt is so evident in his eyes, the way he shivers while he speaks, the way his voice breaks. Again, hats off to Kanwar Dhillon Shiva's insecurities have always been dwelling within him, eating him up. Mami keeps scratching his wounds &hence they never heal. He CAN'T go ahead like this. He feels incapable, unworthy, burdened & helpless. I could be wrong but what I see is that there is more to Shiva than just his anger. I loved watching Raavi stand up for herself but I feel like even her anger is misplaced. Why is no one mad at mami? The woman who values gold more than her own daughter??

How to agree with these words a 1000 times. Well life will be short to explain it.

Also thank you , thanks a lot for explaining the true emotions of Shiva in kangan kaand😭. I mean people came bashed, blamed him for all the wrong doings of *oh so motherly* Prafulla.

I can't understand one thing. Prafulla did so much wrong but people always gives her a green card to escape!! Shiva on the other hand is blamed for every slightest things!💔

The kangan kaand served. Yes I would say it served despite of the trolling. Coz I got to see the different layers of Shiva,  as you said . So happy you wrote & penned down so apt words for the track.

Just wish people realises that MAAMI is a grey char, & not Shiva.

It's a request on behalf of me Srush please.

If possible do pen down every single episodes , where people couldn't understand the depth of Shiva. 

Also a request , plss coz I felt that DISHA TRACK SEREVD 

( anyone reading this don't kill me😭)

Also that time was the phase when , we have witnessed many changes in many things.. also in Shiva,  some acknowledged it some disdained. I really want & I have the believe that you can explain the agony & the real pain & emotions , the many layers of SHIVA 2.0 pls Srush. Write about that time too❤️

This thread is pyar ❤️❤️❤️❤️