Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat

Alia Bhatt & Team Darlings Interview with Anupama Chopra - Page 5

Daebak thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 7
Posted: 1 years ago
This content was originally posted by-capricornrcks

Seems like most actors don't mind going the extra mile for their movies'  but hate the promotions with a passion. But yes, promotions are here to stay -however useless they might be in the long run. Ranveer Singh mentioned in KwK that Varun Dhawan is very gung ho about the whole exercise.

DQ just cannot do promotions.

He looks so out of it and his styling at these events is terrible. I have been looking at the promotions of Sita Ramam. Mrunal is walking around in Tarun Tahiliani and DQ is walking around in jeans with horrible T-shirts. I like him, he seems like a sweet person, but if you are doing it, put some effort man. This is not done. He looks so shabby.

He doesnt even have a stylist for these events I think, else he always tags them in the insta posts. Very bad.

Edited by Daebak - 1 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Daebak thumbnail

Seems like most actors don't mind going the extra mile for their movies'  but hate the promotions with a passion. But yes, promotions are here to stay -however useless they might be in the long run. Ranveer Singh mentioned in KwK that Varun Dhawan is very gung ho about the whole exercise.

More enthu than Ranveer too?

Is that even possible for any human being? About anything in life?🤣

capricornrcks thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
This content was originally posted by-Daebak

More enthu than Ranveer too?

Is that even possible for any human being? About anything in life?🤣

I believe that the exact quote was that he'd prefer Varun Dhawan to be his partner in promotions. I don't believe there's any such creature in the universe who is equal to Ranveer in enthusiasm. Even if he's exhausted he won't stop. He believes it's his purpose in life. Ranveer's enthusiasm reminds me of that Grimm's fairy tale of red shoes and the girl who who danced till she dropped dead.

As for DQ, I'll excuse poor grooming. Outside of films, I don't expect film stars to be picture perfect. Which is why I don't get airport looks and gym looks. But yes he might have made a better effort considering that he is supposed to sell his product.He might have arrived at the last minute or might be even sick. At least he wasn't putting up his legs and chomping on his food -a la Janhvi.

Edited by capricornrcks - 1 years ago
Daebak thumbnail

At least he wasn't putting up his legs and chomping on his food -a la Janhvi.

Never. He is TOOOOO well mannered and respectful for that. It is one of the reasons I like him.

pathaka thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 6

I don’t like how promotions have become so templated these days ..they are not tailored to the film in any way

- 20 smth interviews digitally asking the same questions “how was it working with x , what’s ur character in the film”

- Dancing in shopping malls 

- Going on kapil sharma show/ Indian idol/ super dancer blah and fake praising contestants 

- make a few Insta reels and rub a song into ur face to make it popular 

And this is how they promote anything from thrillers to horrors to tragedies to romantic films ..

I liked how baahubali, 3 idiots, Om shanti om, etc were promoted …aggressive but interesting ..and they stuck to the films theme story etc …the whole 70s thing with oso, 3 idiots was promoted mostly in engineering colleges , baahubali was promoted by showing the artwork and costumes at comic con etc …they had fun bts videos 

What these guys do now as promotions is just lame and pedestrian..it’s more abt celebs and less abt the movie 

Kyahikahoon thumbnail
IPL 2024 Match Winner 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 15 Thumbnail + 3

This content was originally posted by-pathaka

I don’t like how promotions have become so templated these days ..they are not tailored to the film in any way

- 20 smth interviews digitally asking the same questions “how was it working with x , what’s ur character in the film”

- Going on kapil sharma show/ Indian idol/ super dancer blah and fake praising contestants 

And this is how they promote anything from thrillers to horrors to tragedies to romantic films ..

I liked how baahubali, 3 idiots, Om shanti om, etc were promoted …aggressive but interesting ..and they stuck to the films theme story etc …the whole 70s thing with oso, 3 idiots was promoted mostly in engineering colleges , baahubali was promoted by showing the artwork and costumes at comic con etc …they had fun bts videos 

What these guys do now as promotions is just lame and pedestrian..it’s more abt celebs and less abt the movie 

Ghajini promotions were memorable..Aamir used to put so much thought n effort in promotions..that's missing during LSC and even TOH

vcs17 thumbnail
Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 2
This content was originally posted by-pathaka

yes, true it is so boring 

the only promotion I enjoyed recently was RRR interview with a telugu anchor suma based on memes, it was super fun 

only time i enjoy promotional interviews is when actors who dont come out to give interviews, like fahad for his malayalam film recently 

FlyOnTheWall thumbnail
Jimmy Jab Games Season 2 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 3

This content was originally posted by-Kyahikahoon

Ghajini promotions were memorable..Aamir used to put so much thought n effort in promotions..that's missing during LSC and even TOH

https://youtu.be/p8JNPTLsojk