Raju Hirani, Mansoor Khan & KJo voted Junaid Khan as Lal Singh! - Page 2

Posted: 1 years ago

Even before Junaid made his debut we have a fan here.😆

Originally posted by IAmLuvBolly

Sounds like there was some debate about who should play the role, farther or son. Son was amazing in auditions but they went with father because he’s a big star and will mint more money for the production house. 

The explanation about Forest Gump being episodic kind of makes sense actually. He’s not young throughout the movie and he doesn’t always live in the same story even. But I don’t believe that he listened to Adi Chopra of all people or asked Karan Johar for his opinion like this article says 😆. The tape might have been an audition portfolio for his son which he personally took to all these people.  

But he also said Forrest Gump did not have a good story and was a star vehicle. ðŸ˜† I believe Aamir is taking anticipatory bail for failure of LSC.

Aamir should better stay away from YRF and Dharma. 

Junaid bole toh 6 feet hoyenga. Woh character old age hoke tingu kaise ho jayenga? 💀

Originally posted by HearMeRoar

And there are star kids like Junaid, whose own father will steal his roles.😆

Anyway, 3 things.

1. Junaid is a giant compared to Aamir. How were they going to explain the sudden reduction in height?

2. Forrest Gump didn't have a good story?😆 It was a star vehicle? True that it was not a 3-Act drama. But it's so funny to hear from an INDIAN. Writers who are completely rooted in the Western system have been screaming for ages that the Greek 3-Act structure is not the only way to tell a story. A lot of our tales are not told as 3-Act. 

Hanks was a success before Forrest Gump. But Sleepless in Seattle, Philadelphia, and FORREST GUMP came back to back and made him a huge name. Hanks didn't make film succeed. It was the other way around.

3. Finally, I've seen Aamir make a similar comment before. It was on KwK before ToH came out. He said it was the one film he chose because of the character and not the plot. ðŸ˜† Methinks Aamir saw the movie and believes it's going to flop.

Junaid would have played the the character throughout the movie not just the young ages. Two actors playing Forest Gump just doesn’t work IMO. 

I don’t think he stole the role from his son per say. I think it was a case of he himself playing it was a more financially sound option. He doesn’t mention money at all but saying how he was advised that the role couldn’t be played by a newcomer makes me think that. Just thinking about the story of Forest Gump, you can’t really go cheap on it. It requires a lot of money and it’s a lot easier to get financing with Aamir Khan’s name than Junaid Khan even if he is his son. 

Aamir will probably never be the kind of person who will market his children and have a big launch event for his son and declare him the de facto crown prince of acting. But when someone like him says he was impressed by his son’s acting you tend to believe the kid is pretty good. 

Originally posted by AdrakKombucha

Junaid bole toh 6 feet hoyenga. Woh character old age hoke tingu kaise ho jayenga? 💀

Double role nahi tha baap-bete ka. Shuru se leke end tak Aamir karaha tha--phir Junaid ka audition aya--phir panchayat bethi k kaun role karega..sab ne bola Junaid karega lekin Atul Kulkarni ne bola k nahi meri lottery intne saal baad lagi hai- bacha role nahi karega superstar Aamir karega.

phir end mein Aamir ne role kia.  

Originally posted by juba

Double role nahi tha baap-bete ka. Shuru se leke end tak Aamir karaha tha--phir Junaid ka audition aya--phir panchayat bethi k kaun role karega..sab ne bola Junaid karega lekin Atul Kulkarni ne bola k nahi meri lottery intne saal baad lagi hai- bacha role nahi karega superstar Aamir karega.

phir end mein Aamir ne role kia.  

Director bhi baal noch leta itte saal ke baad wait karke Junaidku lete to ðŸ˜†

Originally posted by AdrakKombucha

you shrink as you age, the bones, muscle mass decreases, it is all scientificImage

Junaid is like 30 now ? He’s too old lol

Originally posted by vcs17

junaid and aamir are a mismatch in looks, even if you want to cast somebody young they have to match 

also, what is this asking the opinion of everybody on earth, each one has ther own style, you should have your own conviction finally 

also the director doesnt seem to figure in any decision, pretty much this film is ghost directed by aamir, his conficence seem to be low, the way he is showing it to all and sundry

Honestly, like I said before, I don’t think Aamir cared about Adi Chopra or Karan Johar’s opinions. Hirani or Nitesh Tiwari I can believe but not Adi or KJo. I think that was more of his attempt at introducing his son to these big production houses and showing off the kid’s acting. 

As for his confidence, yea it’s probably shaky. He’s not promoting it the way he did Dangal which is a weird approach when you already don’t think the movie won’t do well. Then again he didn’t promote PK much either. With Aamir Khan movies one never really knows.