What was so challenging about Rani and Preity roles in KANK? - Page 2

shareShare facebook twitter
Posted: 4 months ago
Originally posted by Maroonporsche

What is a challenge ? 

smiley42 if the role offers depth.  Not the standard run of the mill heroine dancing around trees.

Originally posted by ForbiddenLove12

smiley42 if the role offers depth.  Not the standard run of the mill heroine dancing around trees.

Aishwarya is all shallow and plastic 

To bola kon ki challenging tha 

The only thing KANK did was normalise using sexy kyonki Amitabh ko sexy Sam bolte the movie me aur usko promote karte the uske pahle ye word koi aisa living room me normally use nahi karta tha 

Hamare yaha ki baat kar raha hu baki ka experience nahi pata

Originally posted by Maroonporsche

Aishwarya is all shallow and plastic 

smiley37 She can't act except in Mani and SLB period movies.

Originally posted by priya185

Rani's character had to justify cheating on a loving husband 

Preity's role was nothing new 

there were many characters in bollywood who cheated on their husbands, but there are very few characters like Rhea who's workaholic,  dealing with a spoilt husband. Her character was very positive apart from having a bad/worse/unsupportive/jealous/cranky/ toxic husband and she wasn't the one who kept quite and kept herself getting insulted too

Rani’s role in Kank was gray and in 2006 , it was unlikely for any mainstream actress to accept such a role which is explicitly not audience friendly.. the emptiness and incompleteness that she exuded through those forlorn eyes was just wow .. personally, it’s one of my fav performance of hers ..

To the topic maker , you sound very tone deaf if you can find nothing extraordinary about her character in kank .. maybe you should dig a little more into yourself .. but it’s ok .. not everyone has the maturity to understand adult relationships.. 

Coming to Ash , I don’t want to turn this into a hate post for ash .. all I can say is that ash has shown limited range even in those obvious melancholy characters .. KANK would have been Herculean for her .. 

Originally posted by MrChatVsNorway

Rani’s role in Kank was gray and in 2006 , it was unlikely for any mainstream actress to accept such a role which is explicitly not audience friendly.. the emptiness and incompleteness that she exuded through those forlorn eyes was just wow .. personally, it’s one of my fav performance of hers ..

To the topic maker , you sound very tone deaf if you can find nothing extraordinary about her character in kank .. maybe you should dig a little more into yourself .. but it’s ok .. not everyone has the maturity to understand adult relationships.. 

Coming to Ash , I don’t want to turn this into a hate post for ash .. all I can say is that ash has shown limited range even in those obvious melancholy characters .. KANK would have been Herculean for her .. 

Its not easy to play second woman character for main stream actress.Although i didn't like KANK much but as an actress rani did good job.I remember the tv version of kank was made in 2018 silsila and drashti dhami played the role of second woman and ppl trashed her so badly personally for playing homewrecker .She was sl*t shamed and her family was dragged and insta was full of hate comments.So yeah everybody don't understand its not easy for mainstream actresses to play homewrecker.Rani took a challenge and did it so well .

Ash is beautiful but she is not good actress i liked Ash in Taal and hum dil de chuke sanam apart from it hrr acting didn't impress me much.