Never Thought I'd Say This But...

•  
  • Page of 1 Go
  •  
Posted: 1 years ago

I never thought one such day would come when I'll enjoy a separation scene that too on a mainstream Hindi show but makers of GSMI, kudos to you! ðŸ¤— ðŸ¤— ðŸ¤— 

While I have always complained about Kajal's too much goodness as per an ideal FL's criteria, tonight when she asked Neel to let go of her and enjoy his life, I felt like entering the screen and giving her a tight hug. Yes, technically it might seem like she's being a noble idiot and destroying Neel and her own life but in my opinion, this was the most dignified thing she could do at this point.

Love is weird. You might love someone to death yet find yourself constantly at war with the very same person because your priorities are different. But then again, you might find your soulmate yet love him/her platonically. There are no fixed criteria for how one should feel or behave. It's different for everybody.

Is Kajal Neel's soulmate? I think, yes. She understands him, loves him, and quite literally mirrors the same selflessness and genuineness as Neel himself. But is Neel in love with her? We are gonna need more clarity on that.

I had already written in another thread - at times Neel's statements come across as if he's suffering from a midlife crisis and looking for his way out. Which is exactly why I squealed when Kajal pointed out that just because Pavitra loves him, he shouldn't take her for granted. And the best part was that she didn't lie or try to hide her feelings. She said explicitly not everyone is so lucky to get love and Neel should be thankful for Pavitra. 

There's no denying Neel himself is responsible for whatever is happening today. However, Pavitra too can't be given so much lease just because she waited for him. Anyone would get frustrated with so much nagging. I felt bad for her when she tried to commit suicide but let's face it, she doesn't seem strong enough to hold on to her end of the bargain. Otherwise, she wouldn't resort to this path after proclaiming she was no longer interested in this toxic relationship. No, I'm not saying those who try to harm themselves or commit suicide are cowards and should be condemned. No one can imagine under what circumstances and how much pressure one chooses death over life. But... there are people like Kajal who despite their vulnerability keep fighting and I can't help but admire their inner strength. 

I wish she too was mature enough to realize an ultimatum wasn't the solution to her problem. Space and a communication gap is. I wish Neel took a break from both the girls and all three of them got the time to pick their pieces and decide for their lives.

Unfortunately, Neel made yet another blunder, and his good-for-nothing parents added fuel to the fire. 

I am a bit apprehensive about the future track since, in Jol Nupur, Neel got married to Arshi (Pavitra) and ended up with her in the last episode. Considering they have copy pasted Pavitra's suicide attempt from the original, they might get Neel and Pavitra married here as well.

I just hope whatever the makers choose to do, they stick to the current narration and instead of blackwashing or whitewashing any particular character present them as normal human beings and explore their dilemma carefully. 

A special mention to Pari. Thank God that they showed her to be missing Kajal. 

Edited by Nush_Rat - 1 years ago