it is ‘appalling’ that modern women are doing Karwa Chauth - Page 3

Posted: 1 years ago
Originally posted by TorinoPasta

Ye bhi stupid hai ki wives will pray and husbands won't. Wives ki lives kaha important hai 

Husband bhi to rakhte hai fast lekin jab start hua tha tab ka situation ye tha ki husbands would go to war ya business ke liye gaye to women worrying about them will pray for their safe return

Kuchh time baad ye ek celebration ban gaya for women 

They get new dresses, meet each other and have fun 

Ye festival sirf fasting ka to nahi hai 

Fir Aaj kal man bhi fast karte hain aur jinko nahi karna wo nahi karte 

Isme widowhood ka dar nahi hai it was worry for people they love

Originally posted by simrata

Fasting is not patriarchy its tradition, culture not religion even men also do it,, about karwa chudh many men also do karwa chaudh vrat with wife but yes its a woman festival we should not judge if anyone dont want to do fasting  or vrat and same they should also not comment on them who are doing it, its their choice. 

Lot of bullshit is done in the name of tradition/culture. Just because it has been done since ages doesn't necessarily mean it's right. We have to keep re-evaluating ourselves and improving the way we live.

I know my bhabhi doesn't like to fast but does it because of the pressure associated with Karva Chauth. 

I absolutely agree it's their choice, but we should encourage such awareness and open dialogue so that at least a few women can feel less guilty about not following this regressive practice.

Whats wrong with what she said... She is stating her opinion on a subject... She is entitled to do so.... 

Why do we have to add qualifiers when we give our opinion so some imaginary people are not hurt? 

And our culture (infact every culture) is regressive af with most of its restrictions falling on women.. Husbands fasting for wives is infact a relative new generation phenomenon which they (very few) do voluntary... It isn't a compulsion that is imposed like on women in most parts

She's right. Modern women should stick to "progressive" activities like being baby producing factories, wearing tents and do halala.

My female relatives on karwa-chauth - decked up in jewelry and sarees, wearing mehendi, enjoying the day by taking a day off from work

Same women the next day - pata nahin is aadami se shaadi karte wakht meri akal kahaan ghaas charne gayi thi

Originally posted by TheMinion

My female relatives on karwa-chauth - decked up in jewelry and sarees, wearing mehendi, enjoying the day by taking a day off from work

Same women the next day - pata nahin is aadami se shaadi karte wakht meri akal kahaan ghaas charne gayi thi

Ye to Rakhi ka bhi story hai 

Meri sister pe merko itna pyaar ata hai rakshabandhan pe dusre din wo merko papa se daat khilati hai  

Abhi ham bolenge ki Rakhi pe girls ko gift milta hai ye tradition band karo to hamko archake aur regressive bolenge sab log 

Edited by FlyOnTheWall - 1 years ago

Every year I receive an invitation from the ladies in my building to participate in Karwa Chauth puja and every year I politely decline. I think they're hoping they'll convert me one fine day😆 

I think that this practice was born out of the need for men to outlive their wives because the condition of widows in India was so very abysmal and they lived lives of misery and often, poverty. Therefore better to go before your husband does. Doesn't make sense in the modern context though. It's outdated and one sided. Both husband and wife can wish each other well without only the wife having to fast and do a puja every year.

Originally posted by FlyOnTheWall

Ye to Rakhi ka bhi story hai 

Meri sister pe merko itna pyaar ata hai rakshabandhan pe dusre din wo merko papa se daat khilati hai  

Abhi ham bolenge ki Rakhi pe girls ko gift milta hai ye tradition band karo to hamko archake aur regressive bolenge sab log 

Haan, Kanyadaan thread Part II ho jayega. Wahaan meri aur Zeal ki kya dhulai ki thi feminist bridade ne 

It is an individual choice if someone wants to fast or not.

Originally posted by hasini009

but Jaya Bachchan don’t preach what one should do or shouldn’t.😆

Jaya Ji just says — don’t take photo or video. Bas bol diya. 😆