Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat

Was not Pooja Bhatt a better actress than her sister Aalia

Posted: 1 years ago

Be it romantic comedy DHKMN

or a family drama Daddy

a violent love story Sadak

and emotional saga like Phir teri kahani yaad aayi (found her better than Kangana in its remake Woh Lamhe)

or Masterpieces like TAMANNA and ZAKHM

Was not pooja really brilliant in portraying all of these roles and more in all of her films ?

Despite the lisp issue, she was always bang on with her acting expressions and was an utmost natural and brilliant performer

I somehow always find her a better actress than her half sister Aalia

But she never got any recognition , not even a single award for best actress

Heck even in her EXTRA ORDINARY portrayal as the main female lead in ZAKHM she was side lined and the award was given to Kajol for candy floss KKHH (a NATIONAL award was given to Ajay for the same film...while Pooja did equally great job in Zakhm if not better than Ajay) , also for Tamanna it was handed over to Madhuri for her routine acting in DTPH 

Why Pooja was never been given her due share as an actress, and always was so so under appreciated ?

Do you think she was a better performer even than Aalia ?

-------------------------------------------------------

Edited by sheena.cool - 1 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

teri_Sanem thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 7 Thumbnail + 6

She looked better that’s it.

Purple5 thumbnail
Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 5

Pooja Bhatt was gorgeous, don’t know about acting

This content was originally posted by: Purple5

Pooja Bhatt was gorgeous, don’t know about acting

plz do watch Zakhm, Tamanna, and phir teri kahani yaad aayi

Guddu.Pandit thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 5

I find pooja to be limited in her acting space. She could have done much better if she could have done more films outside bhatt camp.

Alia is more beautiful & much better actress.

naaznin thumbnail
Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 14 Thumbnail + 9

Pooja was beautiful but her face was always stoned.

She could not emote well.

This content was originally posted by: Guddu.Pandit

I find pooja to be limited in her acting space. She could have done much better if she could have done more films outside bhatt camp.

Alia is more beautiful & much better actress.

I guess u have a point here

Just like Urmila could not exceeded despite being a brilliant actress due to same flavor of RGV as she has done 90% of his directorials only 

Or even Emraan Hashmi been a good performer but had Bhatt camp stamp over him 

I sort of disagree , as Pooja has done all sorts of roles, bimbo (prem deewane), sensitive and disturbed (daddy, PTKYA) romcom (DHKMN), extremely emotional (tamanna and zakhm) and all sorts of characters.

But yes been directed by Mahesh Bhatt in 80-90% of his films, despite playing all kind of characters with brilliance, that "chaap" /stamp of Mahesh Bhatt was visible in her films and portrayals 

Aalia is lucky to have all kind of banners and having good variety of directors 

Supari_khala thumbnail
Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 11 Thumbnail + 7

Pooja Bhatt is my favorite chahe aandhi aaye ya toofan 

infinity101 thumbnail
Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail Anniversary 7 Thumbnail + 2

Yup she was better in every aspect but I guess she confined herself to a specific genre and used to do some unconventional movies, they weren’t exactly popular at that time. As a celeb you gotta click with the mass audience as well.

infinity101 thumbnail
Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail Anniversary 7 Thumbnail + 2

This content was originally posted by: sheena.cool

I guess u have a point here

Just like Urmila could not exceeded despite being a brilliant actress due to same flavor of RGV as she has done 90% of his directorials only 

Or even Emraan Hashmi been a good performer but had Bhatt camp stamp over him 

I sort of disagree , as Pooja has done all sorts of roles, bimbo (prem deewane), sensitive and disturbed (daddy, PTKYA) romcom (DHKMN), extremely emotional (tamanna and zakhm) and all sorts of characters.

But yes been directed by Mahesh Bhatt in 80-90% of his films, despite playing all kind of characters with brilliance, that "chaap" /stamp of Mahesh Bhatt was visible in her films and portrayals 

Aalia is lucky to have all kind of banners and having good variety of directors 

Alia was smart and didn’t confine herself to her daddy’s production house only 😆 Like you said, Emraan, despite being talented couldn’t get himself out of Bhatt camp clutches and after a while became stereotyped,though I love him  Urmila was so so so talented  ❤️And gorgeous as well. Ajkal ki actresses me sirf plastic hi dekhne ko milega.