Who is the most underrated actor/actress in Indian cinema, and why?

•  
  • Page of 1 Go
  •  
Posted: 1 years ago
  1. Jaideep Ahlawat

The actor was first noticed as Sahid Khan in Gangs of Waaseypur, then Raazi, and in Pataal lok.

In addition he acted in Meeruthiya Gangsters as Nikhil . Played role of CBI officer in Akshay Kumar starred movie Gabbar.

He is one of the most natural actors I have observed.

He is one of the finest actors. Everytime I see a new movie of him I just forget original him and just remains stuck ro the character he plays. Brilliant actor yet very underrated .

2. Amit Sial

The man riding Scooter is Actor Amit Sial. The pic is from movie Titli.

He is an awesome performer.He just gets engrossed into the character he plays.

He played role of police officer Maurya in Mirzapur series.

Recenty watched Jamtaara series. Actor Amit Sial played role of Brajesh Bhan, MLA.

I again could not notice he is the same man who played role inTitli. He just absorbs acting into him.

Brilliant actor.

3. Vineet Kumar Singh

I first noticed him in short movie Bombay talkies episode Murabba.

Then noticed in Gangs of Wassyepur as elder brother to Nawazuddin Siddiqui.

Again gave super performance in movie Mukkabaz

Total acting superb actor briliant peformance in every role. Yet grossly underestimated and under appreciated.

4. Vinay Pathak

The above is a pic from.movie Chalo Dilli. A very fine actor.

A very different acting in movie Antardwand where he plays role of a father to a IAS aspirant while dreaming of big dowry

I have not listed equally talented actors Navazuddin Siddiqui, Rajkumar Rao, Boman Irani and many more actors here who have been appreciated in many platforms .

Can you share your list?

great list, I will just stick to hindi, in south there are tons who should be known nationally 

ranveer sheorey 

jimmy shergill 

tillotama shome 

vikrant massey (I still remember his one dev anand imitation in lootera)

murli sharma who was ignored in hindi but getting great roles in telugu now 

manav kaul (liked him tumhari sulu )

parmabrata (in hindi)

shreyas talpade 

saswata chatterjee

rasika duggal 

amrita puri (she was the best part of Aisha)

surekha sikri ( no longer there) amazing actress, got a lot of awards but deserved much more visibility

Great list.

I’ll add Shahana Goswami (beautiful, very natural actress), Manav Kaul (can be both unassuming and charismatic as needed, also a very natural actor), Tahir Raj Bhasin (maybe be not so underrated anymore), Divya Dutta (great character actress, blends into all her roles, loved her in Music Teacher), Chitrangada Singh (gorgeous, really good actress, don’t know why she’s not higher profile), Avinash Tiwary (loved him in Bulbul, Laila Majnu, has the it-factor imo). 

Originally posted by GaramAloo

Great list.

I’ll add Shahana Goswami (beautiful, very natural actress), Manav Kaul (can be both unassuming and charismatic as needed, also a very natural actor), Tahir Raj Bhasin (maybe be not so underrated anymore), Divya Dutta (great character actress, blends into all her roles, loved her in Music Teacher), Chitrangada Singh (gorgeous, really good actress, don’t know why she’s not higher profile), Avinash Tiwary (loved him in Bulbul, Laila Majnu, has the it-factor imo). 

Shahana was brilliant in The Bombay Begums. Films on these streaming giants will be the saving grace for these artists.

Originally posted by Pardhaan

Shahana was brilliant in The Bombay Begums. Films on these streaming giants will be the saving grace for these artists.

Agree. IMO, the content on Netflix or Prime is a cut above mainstream Hindi cinema and tv mainly because of these talented actors and their like.