Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat

Ranbir is a flop star & is overrated.

BhataktiJawani thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 7
Posted: 1 years ago

After long hiatus, Shamshera flopping has proved it!!! He is the most protected star by BW In recent times. When his movies are hit, all the credit is given to him, however if it flops the entire blame goes to Storyline, directors, producers etc. Quite hypocritical imo. 

Now before someone brings Sanju to prove his so called BO pull, that film worked because it was based on Sanjay Dutt’s controversial life. People love controversial stuff & hence watched the movie. 😆 

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

priya185 thumbnail

Yes I agree he is losing his grip. I personally saw Sanju for Hirani's direction

I don't think brahmastra will recover it's cost either

Guddu.Pandit thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 5

You need a new thread to say all this, Fly ki thread bhi same topic pe hai, wahan kar lete post 😂

WittyFlair thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 2

It's never been a secret. Ranbir does have Jagga Jasoos, Besharam, and Bombay Velvet in his list of failures. And Bombay Velvet wasn't just a failure, it was an All Time Bollywood Flopbuster of epic proportions

Despite that, this dude was able to continue on in the industry unscathed. No one questioned his ability to draw crowds or his standing in BW despite these flops. He continued to get good scripts (with preferential backing from Dharma), and continued to charge a high salary. 

Now the same has happened with Shamshera. He's known as Raja Beta for a reason. Will anything change? No. I bet you he got 4 scripts this week alone and signed 2. Standing, box office failures - these things matter for lesser mortals😆

Maroonporsche thumbnail

Originally posted by: priya185

Yes I agree he is losing his grip. I personally saw Sanju for Hirani's direction

He’s lost the grip

After YJHD he’s had 2 hits in 7 films 

MostlyHarmIess thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3

I had said this before. Alia and Karan must be scared. She has to carry both her next films on the box office now. 

Revathy12 thumbnail
Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail + 4

Yeah it's true, I really find him overrated. 

Alia is a better actor than ranbir

hyancchoatishoo thumbnail
Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 4

Originally posted by: WittyFlair

It's never been a secret. Ranbir does have Jagga Jasoos, Besharam, and Bombay Velvet in his list of failures. And Bombay Velvet wasn't just a failure, it was an All Time Bollywood Flopbuster of epic proportions

Despite that, this dude was able to continue on in the industry unscathed. No one questioned his ability to draw crowds or his standing in BW despite these flops. He continued to get good scripts (with preferential backing from Dharma), and continued to charge a high salary. 

Now the same has happened with Shamshera. He's known as Raja Beta for a reason. Will anything change? No. I bet you he got 4 scripts this week alone and signed 2. Standing, box office failures - these things matter for lesser mortals😆

Ranbir is the utopian version of Arjun Kapoor. 

Shaitan-Haiwan thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 6

For me, other than Barfi. All of his work is mediocre and overrated. I didn’t find anything remarkable about Rockstar… and same with Sanju, where he just played a glorified version of himself. 

Not to mention in 90% of his movies he’s a man child. Tell him to do a Simba, War or something like Shershaah and his weaknesses will be exposed. 

BhataktiJawani thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 7
Originally posted by: priya185

Exactly. The guy lacks the connection with audience but despite all this he is been shoved down everyone throat because he is a Kapoor. 😆 Bhramastra jaise film mai they should have taken mainstream star like Salman khan. Salman ky bakwas movies bhi Ranbir ky ache movies sy zyada earn krti hain 😃