Posted: 1 years ago

India vs West Indies ODI Head-to-Head:

Match Played: 136

West Indies: 63

India: 67

Tied: 02

No Result: 04

The IND vs West Indies series will witness 3 ODIs and 5 T20Is. All the matches will be played in West Indies. All the ODI games will start at 7 PM IST, 9:30 AM local time. All the T20I games will commence at 8 PM IST, 10:30 AM local time.

Fan Code is the official and exclusive broadcaster of the India tour of West Indies 2022. The live streaming will also be available on the Fan Code app. The IND vs WI ODI and T20I series will also be live telecasted on DD Sports.

Stats

India have won eight of their last nine matches at the Queen's Park Oval. The other game was washed out.

Dhawan will be India's seventh captain across formats this calendar year.

Among Full Member players, Akeal Hosein is the leading wicket-taker in ODI cricket this year. In 14 games so far, he has picked up 22 wickets at an economy of 4.90.

The future of ODIs may not be as strong as it once used to but, for now, there is no dearth of action. No sooner than West Indies coming out of a tough home series against Bangladesh and India, from an away series win in England, has their series started. With the series not being part of the ODI Super League, it is being used as a platform to test out new talents. For West Indies, there are Hosein, Motie and Seales among others, and India have a variety of choices in all disciplines. Shikhar Dhawan is back as captain after a year and has adapted his style and preparations to create cohesive bonds within the team. For Pooran and West Indies, it's a matter of turning a corner for which they have the belief and willingness.

Its in Port of Spain which is a City in the County of Trinidad which is a part of West Indies also known as Caribbean Islands. All of the Islands are separate countries but play cricket jointly as a Team under 'West Indies'.

West Indies have won the toss and will bowl first

Nicholas Pooran, West Indies Captain: Just due to the weather and start time. We will look to use the conditions. Happy to win the toss, think the guys will be happy. Happy to be at my home ground. We spoke about batting through the innings, build partnerships. We will try our best to improve. Jason has Covid, Mayers is back from injury. Rest are the same from the Bangladesh series.

West Indies has won the toss and bowling first.

Shikhar Dhawan, India Captain: We wanted to bat second, wicket is sticky and rain is around but we are okay with this. I am a very cool captain, will hope to keep the energy up. Take good decisions and keep the process strong. The bench strength is complementary with the domestic and IPL cricket. This is a great opportunity to showcase talent, show fight, and win the series. Surya, Shreyas, Samson are all good. Even myself (laughs). We get support here, from abroad and locals which is good.

India Playing XI: 1 Shikhar Dhawan (capt), 2 Shubman Gill, 3 Shreyas Iyer, 4 Suryakumar Yadav, 5 Sanju Samson (wk), 6 Deepak Hooda, 7 Axar Patel, 8 Shardul Thakur, 9 Yuzvendra Chahal, 10 Mohammed Siraj, 11 Prasidh Krishna

West Indies Playing XI: 1 Shai Hope (wk), 2 Brandon King, 3 Shamarh Brooks, 4 Nicholas Pooran (capt), 5 Rovman Powell, 6 Akeal Hosein, 7 Romario Shepherd, 8 Kyle Mayers, 9 Gudakesh Motie, 10 Alzarri Joseph, 11 Jaydon Seales