PrAja OS - Little things! (Completed)

Posted: 1 years ago

Hello people!

Welcome to the new journey, new lesson, new feel good read of the most beloved, most cherished feeling called Love. Let's join Pratap and Ajabde to enjoy the little things.

A PrAja Short story

Little Things!

Picsart_22-07-14_22-29-38-865.jpg

He had a little work. A little lot work. What can be expected from the youngest General Manager of Sisodian Enterprise of Udaipur, which thrived to go become a Multi-National Company in the hands of the new generation. Kunwar Pratap Singh Sisodia, 24, a sole heir of Sisodias, once a ruler of Udaipur, always went a step ahead. He joined business in very tender age and worked not just for money or earning but worked like he ruled it.

Being a workaholic, he never missed his targets, earning this respectable position at this early age with experience. A smart, confident, good looking young man, had an aura spreading faith. His professional charm, passion and technical vision earned him successes in the ways he started. His humble and dedicated self, made him peoples' favorite.

Few looked up to him, few admired him, few envied him. A talented handsome man, having a position, power, property and a happy family at this young age was a great achievement. He loved his parents of all. Udai Singh Sisodia was a relieved man, who happily retired as his son held the reigns of the empire. And Jaiwanta Bai Sisodia was elegant and proud mother, who taught her son to fight till he succeeded.

A power comes with responsibilities and they very well knew that. But their happy selves had a concern that only thing their son didn't know was how to keep office load to office only. He breathed work, forgetting to live for himself or for the ones who loved him.

So, they planned to get him married as soon as he got settled in their family business after achieving a very good global market for themselves. They thought a woman will nurture his life and help him to even love and live his personal life well. Though marriage never became hurdle to his progress or success in professional front, he was yet to explore his personal and married life.

His Dajiraj and Ranima, as how he addressed his parents, saw their son grow and get mature beyond his age. How he lost himself, finding the new glories for the family, left them with mixed feelings of concern and happiness.

Home is meant for people. Your loved ones, who wait the whole day to be with you and spend some quality time with family. Home is meant for rejuvenating. A woman makes a house, home but a daughter makes it heavenly. And Ajabde became daughter of her in-laws in no time.

Ajabde Punwar, 22, was the most beautiful and intelligent girls he had ever met. She was kind, compassionate and understanding. Her simplicity glorified her beauty as her happy go lucky self, made it easy for others to approach her. Filled with patience, she knew to prioritize things.

She was a fresh Master in Business Administration and currently completing her internship. Her natural management talent inspired her to try out in business as well. She was ambitious about her career, worked hard to proceed for her dreams and managed her home with the warmth and enthusiasm as well.

Rao Mamrakh Punwar and Hansa Bai Punwar, her proud parents were childhood friends of Sisodias, who had shifted base to Delhi for the expansion of their business. They couldn't say no for the proposal of marriage of their daughter with the perfect, charming son of Sisodias.

Pratap and Ajabde knew each other since childhood because of their parents and exchanged a decent smile whenever came across. Becoming friends had not yet taken place and here their parents wanted them to tie the knot. Though both of them did best in their academic and professional career, boarding a new journey of relationship with someone stranger was a new challenge.

Sharing a surname, house or bed do not guarantee progressed movement towards each other. It needed acceptance, constant efforts and time to understand and appreciate someone. Both the parties needed to try to keep the relationship alive.

Ajabde returned home early today. Today was a special family dinner. Her Ranima wanted to have Daal baati, while Dajiraj loved churma with it. Though they had cooks and maids who took care of all the requirements of the family, Dajiraj loved churma made by Ajabde the most.

"Please come home early today" Ranima told Pratap in the morning "We'll have dinner together"

"Ok Ranima" Pratap smiled before leaving for office.

She enthusiastically started preparing the meal. Pratap cherished her cooking more, though he never told her that. She smiled remembering how he skipped his diet routines only to have homemade Daal baati- churma. It took her almost two hours to cook his favorite dishes for dinner.

Though only a month had passed, Ajabde felt like she knew him from years. His likes, his preferences, his style, his habits, his routine... she knew all that at the back of her hand. She effortlessly added him in her routine life. Right from observing his activities to performing her own, she never knew when she fell hard for him.

She respected his work, just like she loved his parents. They spent more time with her than him to comfort her in the new life. Ranima was nothing less than her mother and Dajiraj had become her friend.

Smiling to herself, she set the dinner table hopeful. The clock ticked to seven. Ranima and Dajiraj came a fresh to enjoy the hearty meal. They made themselves comfortable at the table, resisting the delicious aroma, they waited for their son to arrive.

Seven thirty.

Eight.

They were waiting on the table. Ajabde insisted them to have dinner. He must be arriving soon and she will accompany him. Reluctantly they finished their food.

Nine.

Nine thirty.

Ten.

It was night already. And he was late. Again.

"Beta Ajab, for how long you'll wait for him?" Ranima asked Ajabde to eat as the clock ticked eleven.

"Then he'll have to eat alone Ranima" She smiled bidding good night to Ranima as Dajiraj left shaking his head.

Disappointed a little as he missed the most awaited family dinner, they waited for him to at least show his face but it was like he forgot about it all in piles of work. They retired for the night as Aajbde assured she will eat with him.

He reached home at midnight to meet the unusual silence in the house. She greeted him with the warm smile as her sleepy eyes twinkled at his arrival. Acknowledging with a curt nod, he went to change clothes. She was happy to see him. They hardly conversed but everything need not be said, right? She set two plates and hot dinner as he quickly freshened up and came.

A bit occupied in his thoughts, planning what and how to proceed further in his report, he finished his dinner. Before Ajabde completed her meal, he smiled briefly and retired to their bedroom.

A faint smile lingered on her lips while she washed the dishes and cleaned kitchen after having food this late in the night. Quickly changing to her night wares, she walked to their bed.

Not to her surprise, he was engrossed in his laptop. They had to release results soon and he had some finalization pending in presentation. A big day was approaching and he needed to be prepared for that.

Silently she got the covers from cupboard glancing at his frown, as he furiously typed, working on some calculations. It was like routine... He would work till post-midnight, and she would fall asleep whenever sleep came over. Alone.

Today he had completed work before expected time.

Done.

Letting out a long breath, he shut the laptop and stretched his hands. When he came freshening up, it was about to 2:30 am. He drank the water kept on a side table as his hand stopped looking at the white vapourub balm kept aside. He sniffed softly realizing he had caught cold.

A slight frown appeared on his forehead wondering how did she know that! He glanced around. His bag was on it's place from the bed he had thrown. His papers were filed and neatly kept on study table. His socks were not on the floor. Shirt hanged on the stand. His blanket was ready on bed as well.

His eyes fell on a figure, sleeping beside. Her hair was messy, a lose strand falling on her face. Her breathing was even as realization dawned on him. Her eyes were closed, tired smile on her face. How did she manage to do these many things alone!?

Alone.

The word scared him.

She was doing everything alone. Without getting noticed, without getting appreciated!?

Pratap sighed as the glow on her face was dim. She looked gross, how did she always carry a smile... Without any complaint!? Always calm face had a little furrowed forehead. Must be because of his health, his inner voice guessed. Where was this voice all this while? He asked to himself.

How did she think of him first, without asking anything in return!? He wasn't dumb to miss the glint in her eyes when she served his favorite food tonight. And what did he do? Just missed that out... Or took it for granted??? He didn't wait for her to finish her food as a sudden idea popped in his mind regarding his presentation and he rushed to shape that up.

Shit!

Pratap Singh was a man of his pride. He covered his face in both his palms as realization hit him hard. Why didn't she stop him? Or why nobody told him anything till now?

Not only this. All the times flashed in front of his eyes... when she handed him his bag in the morning with such a happy face... How her smiles kick started his days... Her care carried his works on... Her silent support and smile pushed his toughest assignments off!

And what did he do?

Nothing.

Actually nothing. He just took everything for granted. He took her for granted. He took their relationship for granted. Ignored her efforts. Did not acknowledge her concerns. Did not reciprocate her care.

Did he know what was happening in her life? How was her internship going? Even what was her timing as she was always there in the morning when he left for office early before they had breakfast and was home too to welcome him after his parents had dinner and went to rest... His eyes felt moist as an unknown sense of guilt crept over.

'What was she feeling? Why she was doing all this? Yes, they were married and it imposed some duties on them. But was he fulfilling his duties? Then why was she performing everything!? How she continued to go on...' He pushed her strand off her face with a finger as he stared 'with this smile...!?'

He had no answers. But the respect took over his mind as an overwhelming feeling flooded in his heart! In a relationship both the people must equally work to make it successful. He had failed so far. He had failed to show her all the affection he felt for her. He had failed to give her much time. She had never become a hurdle in his professional life but he had failed to be a securing support in her newly married personal life.

Did he hurt her too much? He was not sure.

Was it too late? No. It was not. It's never too late. Pratap Singh was not someone who would dodge the blame for the mistake he made. He would resolve that.

Yes. He was wrong. He will change it. He will cover for all his mistakes and revive their relationship with the same efforts and care she poured in. He needed to come on track, take charge of his life and make her feel happy with him, the same way he felt with her. He overlooked them till now, not anymore.

His mission started from the next day. It was beautiful morning and his parents just came for the breakfast.

"Pratap are you alright?" Udai Singh approached his son who was never to be seen at this hour of day. He was never late for his work. "You're still home?"

"I'm sorry Dajiraj I missed family dinner yesterday" He genuinely felt sorry as he reached his Ranima "So I stayed for breakfast" She smiled sitting on a chair as they were quite happy to see him in the morning.

"Can we have a family breakfast today?" He asked Ajabde, hoping to compensate for the yesterday night. She smiled relieving him as she joined them on the dining table.

To everyone's surprise, Pratap stayed a little longer to see when Ajabde left for Internship. He insisted he can drop her off. His efforts seemed a little weird as it was his first time to initiate anything. But he was determined. He did not want to waste any further time to show, what he felt. Though he did not know much how to express his feelings, he did care.

Next few days a family got to see, a little awkward, weird, goofy or sometimes silly Pratap, who was trying hard to accommodate these new feelings and relationship into his ever-set busy packed schedule.

Much to his parents' delight, he made it a routine to have family breakfast in the morning. He would drop her off to her office. He started talking in the house. Sometimes they would play Antakshari, when everyone was shocked to see Pratap sing. Sometimes he would call Ajabde in the afternoon, surprising her to say he liked the lunch she packed. Sometimes he would simply reach to her office to say "Hi", if he'll be around for a business meet.

Pratap worked tirelessly today, not wasting a single moment. It was his first date and he did not want his schedule to mess that up. Looking himself in mirror, he set his hair as he looked stunning in that casuals he rarely wore. He rushed to Udaipur lake as sun started moving down. It was a perfect spot to see the sunset with the lake view. But his eyes were stuck on the girl who wore simplicity with elegance.

"You look beautiful." He said nervously giving a red rose he brought for her.

"Thank you. You too." She accepted the compliment and smiled smelling the rose.

"I look beautiful?" He fake-gasped making her laugh nervously.

"No. No, I mean you look handsome too"

Silence.

Not awkward though.

"I'm sorry, I really didn't know what would you like as a gift. So, I went for a safe option" He smiled scratching the back of his head as she smiled back enjoying the view around.

"I'm glad we are here" After some soothing five minutes she spoke up, a warm smile reaching her eyes.

He smiled nodding, a warm feeling curling up his heart as well.

They did not talk much that day, but their company made them understand many things. The feel they shared, of comfort, of belongingness helped them to open up to each other more.

He was pushing himself a little too much to make up for his behavior and to start afresh. It was first time for Ajabde as well. Ajabde could not deny she loved the change. He looked cute every time he stared at her thinking nobody noticed him and got caught. She was happy to find boyfriend in her husband.

Gradually they started sharing their thoughts, what happened in a day, he started taking more interest in home affairs while she started exploring and learning more of a business. Communication is the most important element in any relationship. Be it verbal, gestural or silent. What is more important that the emotions must be conveyed.

Both their parents were at ease as their children started sorting the most challenging yet most beautiful journey of life.

After few months...

On one such winter night, they were sitting in balcony, hot chocolate in hand. They stared at the stars as he asked her from nowhere.

"Why didn't you tell me?"

"What?"

"When I was being, you know, a careless jerk" he chuckled on himself but became serious the other moment

"Why didn't you tell me anything?" He continued as she just smiled

"I left you alone" The word still scared him

"I was not following what I had promised you at the time of marriage"

"I took everything for granted" He lowered his head as the chilly wind blew giving them goosebumps.

"When I think of it, I'm afraid I would have lost you" He looked at her with glistening eyes "But you hung on. How?" His guilty voice turned to a whisper as she put her hand on his cheek

"And Why?"

"Pratap" His name from her mouth would have pleased him the other day but today he was in a flow.

"Why Ajabde? You could have asked what is yours right?" He held her hand on his cheek.

"Right. But what is the joy in getting something you've asked for?"

He looked at her clueless as she continued

"I know, my love alone was not enough for us to survive" He shook his head "but I was sure you needed time to reciprocate" he opened mouth to say something but she continued

"And you did" He pecked her fingers as she shivered a little, blushing.

"And besides" He covered her with the blanket he brought "I might have limited my blessings by asking" She sat closer to him

"I might not have dared to ask The Kunwar Pratap Singh Sisodia for life" they both laughed at the statement.

"But here I am, blessed, to have you Ajab"

He wrapped his arms around her as she snuggled in his chest. Blanket around them made their warm hearts feel warmer as the chilly wind took away all the coldness from their life.

Relationship not really asks for some great actions from each other to show you love or care, all that is required is little things!

So, how is it?

Your reviews, likes and comments are highly appreciated.

Thanks for reading.

MaDiee.

After a long time. Its good to see you back.

An accomplished young man who works hard. But he also needs something else.

Ajabde is the chosen one and she made their life a happy one.

Looks like the young couple has to yet find the love.

He missed the special dinner. A sad day for Ajabde.

He made her feel so unwanted. Work before her.

At least he is realizing it now. The guilt is killing him.

Staying home more. A nice date and a rose for the lady. He is making up.

She was mature enough to realize that he needed some time. He was mature enough to realize that he was failing.