Posted: 4 months ago
Originally posted by hasini009

Maid, what a movie smiley27

the abusive husband, good for nothing mom, little daughter, no proper education, not so helpful employer, rude customers,…….she’s been through a lot at a very young age. watching Alex carrying that cleaning stuff on her shoulders all the time made mesmiley38

The real life mom & daughter played M&D onscreen. both acted their parts very wellsmiley32

I watched the series with my sister and I just hugged her tight whenever I saw Alex suffering... I've grown up surrounded with women - my sis, mum, bebe, cousins, aunts... so I feel super protective about any woman around me - be it my relatives, my colleagues or friends. I can't see any woman suffer smiley19

Have a heart to heart talk with her husband. 

Ask him his point of view and give him hers. 

Warn him to never repeat or the consequences would be bad. 

Badmouthing her parents will not be tolerated if she started with his parents. 

Just a warning would be enough. Try to find the root cause of his anger. 

If possible ask him to get him deal with his anger issues.  

Edited by suhaaana - 4 months ago

Not capable of suggesting anything without knowing why is he so angry or if the anger is justified? 

Tell him to go to counselling. If not then leave him. Unless help sought, he won't change. 

I assume they don't have kids yet. So before kids come into the equation he better go to counselling otherwise tell your friend to leave him. His anger will come out on kids too in future, so why put a child thru that. It will be difficult with kids involved to leave later so better she has a talk with him and he has to agree for counselling. 

Originally posted by MiniCupcake

I know it's not related to bw forum. But still I wanna post here.

My frnd got married 1 yr back. Her husband loves her so much and she too. That guy is too good he cares her so much and also protective. But when he gets anger..nothing can stop him. He uses cuss words and also blames her parents for upbringing and after 5 mins he will come to her and say sorry and pamper her. 

Now what she should do. ? Should she bare his 15 mins anger and stay happy with him for rest of the days or any other suggestions?

I think she should leave him

But it depends on her bond with him otherwise 

Maybe they can talk it out

Thank you for valuable replies. I also suggested her to leave. Have to see what will happen

Edited by MiniCupcake - 4 months ago

Um, tell your friend to run, not walk, run to a divorce lawyer. Her husband is a classic abuser - perpetrators of domestic violence alternate affection and rage as a control tactic. The abusive incidences are likely only going to get worse and more frequent as the months and years go on. Unless he himself wants to change his behavior and undertake some serious therapy, your friend is in for a very hard time.

Originally posted by MiniCupcake

I know it's not related to bw forum. But still I wanna post here.

My frnd got married 1 yr back. Her husband loves her so much and she too. That guy is too good he cares her so much and also protective. But when he gets anger..nothing can stop him. He uses cuss words and also blames her parents for upbringing and after 5 mins he will come to her and say sorry and pamper her. 

Now what she should do. ? Should she bare his 15 mins anger and stay happy with him for rest of the days or any other suggestions?

No matter if 90% of the time he treats her like a queen...she is still in an abusive situation, and it sounds like she has no control over the rough times, therefore the risk of him scalating and losing control one day is almost also 90%.  She needs to get him to get help or really really re-think the situation.