vcs17 thumbnail
Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 1 years ago
This content was originally posted by: Maroonporsche

Gas lighted for what tho ? He came out several times to say he didn’t wanna make D2. He said those words literally . Are you saying he wanted to make to it and they forced it out from him. I suppose but he never said that. Maybe he didn’t like working w them. That’s fine so all the more reason he shouldn’t care if they make it a trilogy. 

Abhinavs 2nd movie failed big time. Also his brother could help him out. If he hasn’t been able to direct a film since 2013 the blame would fall on him the way I see it 

abhinav  has said multiple times 

"the reason I moved out of making Dabangg 2 ten years ago is because Arbaaz Khan in collusion with Sohail Khan and family was trying to take control of my career by bullying me" 

and sucess after is  irrelevant, it is not like arbaaz and sohail have any success to speak of 

we see it differently and lets agree to disagree 

Edited by vcs17 - 1 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

The_Best thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 3
This content was originally posted by: HearMeRoar

Deepika asked for certain actors for Padmavaat. Which other female actor has been in the same position of power for her to do it?

But she was only one. I have heard those articles and even for those she was bashed. My point is male actors do it all the time, but those rarely ever make a news or get a huge action against it. It’s normalized and tolerated. Bringing one experience and very few times actresses getting more paid is not a reflection of how film industry functions and how society also functions. 

Maroonporsche thumbnail
This content was originally posted by: vcs17

we see it differently and lets agree to disagree 

Sure

But Salman was not the one sitting in front of movie theaters stopping people from seeing Besharam ☝️ 

The_Best thumbnail

Also one of the reason why male actors are thought to bring more audience and hence justified for getting more paid is again because of benefits they get through patriarchy in the system. Males have decades to build stardom so of course more audience would know them while women barely even get a decade and get replaced so fast. They don’t get enough time so it’s very rare for women to reach the superstardom level when they are considered old and not heroine after certain age. Also, I have rarely seen in real life people not liking actresses because she’s married or certain age. Most don’t even know that. But the film industry itself has decided upon this notion that at certain age actresses shouldn’t be taken anymore and shouldn’t be taken if they are married, etc. Of course, there are exceptions when women still worked despite being married and all but those are few. So let’s not bring that. Fact is most audience don’t care about all that as long as the actors look good enough, act and the movie is entertaining as a whole. Many actresses like Shipla, Ravenna, Aditi Rao, Tabu etc still look so fit and good. They can still play female leads. But they are not taken and the film industry mostly pairing 40+ and 50+ males with very young actresses. 

Edited by The_Best - 1 years ago
vcs17 thumbnail
This content was originally posted by: Maroonporsche

Sure

But Salman was not the one sitting in front of movie theaters stopping people from seeing Besharam ☝️ 

👍🏼

besharam and bom bay velvet were both terrible and the filmmakers derserve the flak for it and i agree there 

vcs17 thumbnail
This content was originally posted by: The_Best

Also one of the reason why male actors are thought to bring more audience and hence justified for getting more paid is again because of benefits they get through patriarchy in the system. Males have decades to build stardom so of course more audience would know them while women barely even get a decade and get replaced so fast. They don’t get enough time so it’s very rare for women to reach the superstardom level when they are considered old and not heroine after certain age. Also, I have barely seen in real life people not liking actresses because she’s married or certain age. Most don’t even know that. But the film industry itself has decided upon this notion that at certain age actresses shouldn’t be taken anymore and shouldn’t be taken if they are married, etc. Of course, there are exceptions when women still worked despite being married and all but those are few. So let’s not bring that. Fact is most audience don’t care about all that as long as the actors look good. Many actresses like Shipla, Ravenna, Aditi Rao, Tabu etc still look so fit and good. They can still play female leads. But they are not taken and the film industry mostly pairing 40+ and 50+ males with very young actresses. 

this is just a ruse to make themselves look young,  the mind is conditioned to think of the male as 5-6 yrs older on an average so they want to keep themselves young by decreasing the females age

The_Best thumbnail
This content was originally posted by: vcs17

this is just a ruse to make themselves look young,  the mind is conditioned to think of the male as 5-6 yrs older on an average so they want to keep themselves young by decreasing the females age

Yes. Did you see the Sushmita’s pics with her young ex and current parent? She looks younger with her ex even though those were not long ago. But she actually looks older in the current partner pics. Of course, she looks younger compared to her current partner. But I am talking about her looks comparison with how she looked with her ex. She looked young and much more better with her ex as he was young too. But now she was looking older in the pics with her current partner. 

piya2025 thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 7

I actually loved all his answer & he was mostly honest (bang on too). How the table have turned though. Today, Ranbir is his beti's husband & she also worked with SLB.

CottonCandyy thumbnail

This content was originally posted by: HearMeRoar

He was being honest in most Qs.

I think with actress ranking, he actually forgot PC's name until the end.  In actor's list, he's not wrong. None of them are bad, but Ajay is deffo better than most.

I love how he picked Kajol and SLB for overrated. 😆 That glorified set-designer.

usually they correct the ranking if they forgot anyone , but I guess he just went with the flow 😆  . Ajay is better but not second best IMO but to each his own . 

@bold yes , I loved his answers 😆 

Ironically his daughter feels proud of bagging promise of 4 films of that set designer though  😆 I wonder how MB feels about that . 😆

Hello_kitta thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail

This bhatts like to talk about honesty until someone talk honestly about them.