Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Maroonporsche thumbnail
Posted: 1 years ago
Originally posted by: The_Best

Also the double standards in this world. When men like Aamir and Salman interfere and dominate at work, there’s barely any saying to them or bad articles released against them. 

But if women like Kangana do the same, then there’s huge controversy and boycotted in many cases. I am not talking about Kangana later going on and on against everyone and went crazy. But in the beginning when there were reports of Kangana interfering, she was bashed a lot. 

Define barely ? Stuff like this exists. 

https://youtu.be/R60zGA8RpVs

The_Best thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 3
Originally posted by: Maroonporsche

Define barely ? Stuff like this exists. 

https://youtu.be/R60zGA8RpVs

I am talking about Audience reaction and the general film industry reaction. Not one producer/director talking about it. 

HearMeRoar thumbnail

Didn’t Pooja and Aamir have an affair. So now Pooja doesn’t like him? 

Also the double standards in this world. When men like Aamir and Salman interfere and dominate at work, there’s barely any saying to them or bad articles released against them. 

But if women like Kangana do the same, then there’s huge controversy and boycotted in many cases. I am not talking about Kangana later going on and on against everyone and went crazy. But in the beginning when there were reports of Kangana interfering, she was bashed a lot. 

Same with paychecks. When RK and other actors who were not doing well demand high pay check, they are barely bashed but DP was bashed a lot and lots of articles were released talking about her demanding high pay. 

Aamir is always bashed for interfering. Things go a little silent if the movie succeeds, but isn't that always the case?

Kangana not only interfered, those movies failed. But before they failed, she made sure to take credit where it wasn't due. 

Re: paychecks. Bollywood is a business. It's not a social justice organization to reward equal money to women. Whoever brings more audience will get paid more. Happens to be the male actors usually. Maybe if the audience gave Chappak or Dhakkad 10 crore opening, the ladies would get paid more. 

Edited by HearMeRoar - 1 years ago
vcs17 thumbnail
Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 2

Didn’t Pooja and Aamir have an affair. So now Pooja doesn’t like him? 

Same with paychecks. When RK and other actors who were not doing well demand high pay check, they are barely bashed but DP was bashed a lot and lots of articles were released talking about her demanding high pay. 

I was thinking the same, its a completely misogynistic industry and society too, even when actresses reach superstardom beyond the male stars, they will allowed to survive only they remain quite and subdued like madhuri, sridevi

imagine an actress doing all the antics salman has done, she would have been kicked out day 1

aamir has had similar controversies several times, he literally took taare zameen par from the director, salman kicked ouir abhinav kashyap,  danbang was pretty much his

Edited by vcs17 - 1 years ago
The_Best thumbnail
Originally posted by: HearMeRoar

Aamir is always bashed for interfering. Things go a little silent if the movie succeeds, but isn't that always the case?

Kangana not only interfered, those movies failed. But before they failed, she made sure to take credit where it wasn't due. 

Re: paychecks. Bollywood is a business. It's not a social justice organization to reward equal money to women. Whoever brings more audience will get paid more. Happens to be the male actors usually. Maybe if the audience gave Chappak or Dhakkad 10 crore opening, the ladies would get paid more. 

Aamir get very little bashed compared to if a female actresses to do all the the things him and many male actors do. Regarding pay check: I understand it’s a business. But many times male actors who are new and who had flops in recent times still get higher pay than established female actress. I forgot which movies were those, but DP and Kat got low pay than the male actresses they were paired with despite they were number one at the time and the male actors weren’t that established or had flops. There were very rare movies where female actresses got higher. 

The_Best thumbnail

I forgot which RK-DP movie was it. But DP was number and Kat and her both reached almost superstar status after Madhuri and Sridevi. But Rk still got higher pay even when at the time RK wasn’t doing well and had flops compared to DP. There were other few actors too who got bigger pay than DP and Kat. 

Maroonporsche thumbnail
Originally posted by: HearMeRoar

Some people even left those films in the middle of the filming to get away from her 😂 

vcs17 thumbnail

stardom is also about perception, tabu is the only one who has had continuous successes critcial and commercial much over the male stars in recent times

andhadhun, drishyam, bb2, avpl, de de pyar de

a male star in her place would have been hyped beyond the skies

The_Best thumbnail
Originally posted by: vcs17

I was thinking the same, its a completely misogynistic industry and society too, even when actresses reach superstardom beyond the male stars, they will allowed to survive only they remain quite and subdued like madhuri, sridevi

imagine an actress doing all the antics salman has done, she would have been kicked out day 1

aamir has had similar controversies several times, he literally took taare zameen par from the director, salman kicked ouir abhinav kashyap,  danbang was pretty much his

I think society/the film audience and film industry as a whole are more conditioned and used to male actors interfering and dominating. It’s been going since the film industry started from RK times. So they are used to it and has become much more normalized. Many choose female leads and replace the female actress too. But when and if female actresses were to do that, they would be called arrogant and what not. That’s why I hope there are more actresses and females as producers and directors to level the field a bit. There have been reports of even casting couch which is disgusting. This industry and any industry need more fairness and less injustice and wrongs. 

Edited by The_Best - 1 years ago
vcs17 thumbnail

I think society/the film audience and film industry as a whole are more conditioned and used to male actors interfering and dominating. It’s been going since the film industry so they are used to it and has become much more normalized. They choose female leads and replace the female actress too. But when and if female actresses were to do that, they would be called arrogant and what not. That’s why I hope there are more actresses and females as producers and directors to level the field a bit. 

true, they have to reach positions of power to change the equation, they cant do it as actresses