~*~Eid al Adha Mubarak IFians~*~

x.titli.x thumbnail
Posted: 1 years ago

Eid Al Adha, the festival of Qurbani (sacrifice) is celebrated by millions of Muslims around the world.

It falls on the 10th day of the Month of Dhul Hijjah, which is the last month of the Islamic lunar calendar. The month of Dhul Hijjah is considered one of the most holiest months as we witness two special event; Hajj and Eid al Adha. The first 10 days of this month hold a lot of importance. The Prophet Muhammad (SAW) said; "There are no days on which righteous deeds are more beloved to Allah than these ten days” (Bukhari)" 

According to the Sunnah, it is highly recommended to fast on the 9th day, the day of Arafah, when Muslims go to Mount Arafah to supplicate Allah SWT. While Hajjis (Pilgrims) are not allowed to fast, non-pilgrims are invited to do it so that they can benefit from rewards Insha Allah (If Allah Wills).

Performing Hajj is one of the 5 pillars of Islam which combines all the obligations, thus, Eid Ul Adha is equally important as Eid Ul Fitr (end of Ramadan). Please note, performing Hajj is compulsory for Muslims who can afford it. 

The festival of Eid al Adha is a commemoration of a historic event that is narrated in the Holy Quran. The Prophet Ibrahim Alayhi Salam (PBUH) was ready to sacrifice his son Ismail (AS) as proof of his strong faith in Allah SWT:

102 And when he reached the age when he could work with him, he said, ‘O my son, I have seen in a dream that I am sacrificing you. So tell me what you think of it!’ He replied, ‘O my father, do as you are commanded; and God willing, you will find me steadfast.’

103 When they had both submitted to God, and he had laid his son down on his face,

104 We called out to him, ‘Abraham,

105 you have fulfilled the dream.’ It is thus indeed that We reward those who do good—

106 that surely was a manifest trial—

107 We ransomed him with a great sacrifice

Surah As Saffat (37) from verses 102 to 107 (verses translated in English)

Eid Al Adha is celebrated for 3 days. In Muslim countries mainly, the 3 days are declared as public/national holiday so people are free from any work-related activities.

Though the celebration slightly changes from one country to another with cultural changes according to the region, the roots of celebrating Eid Al Adha stay the same. Muslims sacrifice animals according to the Sunnah (The way Prophet Muhammad (SAW) used to do it) and the meat is distributed among the community and needy to help them. Many charities across the globe offer Qurbani services and will prepare cooked meals to distribute to the vulnerable and poor communities.

Muslim families prepare delicious dishes, exchange gifts, and greetings with their loved ones, neighbourhood and offer prayers in Mosques.

The Crazy Creatives wishes all Muslims across the globe a very happy Eid Al Adha Mubarak. Have a peaceful and blessed day with your family and loved onessmiley27 and don't forget to support the less fortunate on this special day. 

Credits: NSKay | Leprechaun | Yuvika_15

Edited by Yuvika_15 - 1 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Yuvika_15 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 5

Eid Mubarak everyone! have a lovely Bakra Eid! 

PerfectStart thumbnail
Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 5 Thumbnail + 2

Eid Ul Azha Mubarak everyone:)

Thankyou so much for this thread, it's very good.

A.

Eydis thumbnail

Eid Mubarak everyone 🥳 

Beautiful thread Maria 🤗

x.titli.x thumbnail

Eid Al Adha Mubarak to you, your families and loved ones IF family. 🤗

Taqabbal Allah Mina Wa Minkoum ❤️

May Allah SWT accept the Hajj of Pilgrims and May He reward us for our efforts and deeds, be it visible or non visible Ameen❤️ 

Take care🤗

Varsha I simply love your graphics girl!!!!❤️

https://youtu.be/Dgrt4rgKLPg

MochaQueen thumbnail

Eid mubarak everyone🥳

Btw Maria, Eid ul Adha usually lasts 4 days not 3😳

NINALOGY thumbnail

Eid Mubarik 🤗

Amazing Thread Maria 👍🏼

wayward thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 8

Eid Mubarak guys! 🤗

The thread looks fabulous! 😃

Shravani95 thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 5

Eid mubarak. Wishing you all a very happy and peaceful eid. 

Nice thread. Got to know more on this. 

Edited by Shravani95 - 1 years ago
x.titli.x thumbnail
Originally posted by: metacrisis

Eid Mubarak guys! 🤗

The thread looks fabulous! 😃

Coming from a magnificent graphicer like you , it means a lot Pro❤️☺️

You are missed in CC😭