Posted: 1 years ago
Originally posted by vcs17

special mention to anurag kulkarni, my fav singer, his range is amazing from ramulo ramula in alavaikunthapuramlo to pranavalaya and this song 

he actually did a live performance of pranavalya on stage, his classical training shows 

So I had watched this movie on Netflix and fell in love with this song and the singer's voice too, so powerful and then realised that he had also sung some other really good songs including this one in Shyam Singha Roy. 

https://youtu.be/mJPEf7vWb6Q

Originally posted by TheekThaak

So I had watched this movie on Netflix and fell in love with this song and the singer's voice too, so powerful and then realised that he had also sung some other really good songs including this one in Shyam Singha Roy. 

https://youtu.be/mJPEf7vWb6Q

Wow it's really good

Originally posted by MrChatVsNorway

Trisha look like mannequins as they were expected to look .. 

Trishna is actually a very good actress, how can you call her a mannequin? 

Originally posted by Sonam-Ka-Kutta

Trishna is actually a very good actress, how can you call her a mannequin? 

I am not very familiar with Trisha but she has really good screen/stage presence. Some people, just have that strong "spark" on screen and she's one of the people who has it. There's no way either of these female characters are going to be mannequins in this story of all things. 

Aishwarya and Trisha in one frame❤️❤️❤️

Originally posted by Shwetha02

Aishwarya and Trisha in one frame❤️❤️❤️

This face-off is going to be EPIC on the big screen. I can't wait to hoot, whistle and shout when this happens.

Originally posted by vcs17

karthi is the only good casting here, though vikram will act well but is kind of jaded now

the story is great, but MR has lost his mojo and i  dont think he ccan really make these larger than life epics, his style is more micro moments and relations 

I agree! Last MR movie, I really enjoyed was Kannathil muthamittal...I didnt even get the hype about Ok Kanmani...the music was lacklustre as well..In the past MR did a fabulous job with Iruvar though the scale was nowhere near today's historicals...the casting in PS1 is a bit icky. I feel like I have seen Vikram in so many similar movies...And this loud acting if not done right can be very jarring.

But I liked the aesthetics of the trailer so far...Trisha, Ash, Karthi are promising...I just the songs are really grand this time...A complete album...that would help immensely.

Originally posted by Nirvanaa

I agree! Last MR movie, I really enjoyed was Kannathil muthamittal...I didnt even get the hype about Ok Kanmani...the music was lacklustre as well..In the past MR did a fabulous job with Iruvar though the scale was nowhere near today's historicals...the casting in PS1 is a bit icky. I feel like I have seen Vikram in so many similar movies...And this loud acting if not done right can be very jarring.

But I liked the aesthetics of the trailer so far...Trisha, Ash, Karthi are promising...I just the songs are really grand this time...A complete album...that would help immensely.

I have doubts on this too, ARR has also been out of form, some hits here and there but his last great album was ages ago just like MR

Surprisingly am a bit underwhelmed 

Mani ratnam can create gorgeous visuals out of nothing and it’s disappointing that not one frame in the trailer makes stunning impact 

Even the music by rahman is underwhelming …

Looks too rushed and reminds me of the malayalam movies Like marakkar…

The adrenaline rush is missing 

Visuals look like they belong in 2006.