Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

vcs17 thumbnail
Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 1 years ago
Originally posted by: DetachednNumb

On second watch, the teaser looks rushed. Some of the frames look like copy-paste of GOT and Bahubali. Man, Maniratnam really lost the plot somewhere along the way. The saving grace would be acting for sure - there are some heavy weights like Karthi, Vikram, Trisha and Aish (if she can pull off). I wish they had chosen someone like Keeravani for music. His soundtracks ate always golden for epic periods. Part of the reason why Rajamouli always goes to him. They are a combined package. 

I strongly feel this would be better if watched in Tamil. Hindi just doesn't do it for me. 

I wouldn't actually put Aish and Trisha in heavyweight acting category, they are fine, definetly can carry these roles unlike the new gen but not the level of say a Ramya krishna, shobhana for mythological/historical especially this kind you have heavy dialogues and you need gravitas to do that, also this character has many shades. 

don't even know if aish can dub such heavy duty dialogues in tamil

mr should not have played safe and gone with maybe a  aishwarya rajesh (trying to think of other names)

TheekThaak thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: vcs17

agree, can't believe he arr scored for heropanti 

another mistake he did was he doesn't do telugu films, I think because he did a few in that era where they were very low brow, masala  and totally lost interest but times have changed, he did heropanti and rejected shyam singha roy (listen to those soongs if you haven't, there are period portions in calcutta  and some lovely songs by mickey j meyer are there witha great semi classical dance by sai pallavi)

I am illaiyaraja camp firmly, i am older, he followed his heart, arr his head 

he did so many movies with smaller unknown filmakers even now because the subject resonates and there are so many classics there because of that 

arr doesnt do that afaik 

i also give great credit to keeravani, baahubali was truly great, not easy

Is this movie good? I had watched the song with Sai Pallavi's semi-classical dance, it was beautiful but haven't listened to the other songs. I haven't been watching Nani's movies lately, last was Jersey, I guess. 

Ever since SPB's demise, I have been going back to a lot of IR's tracks, they are such a treasure trove. Have always admired him but the whole 90s kid being in love with ARR music was the dominant half somehow. Now I happily go back to Sundari Kannal even though it makes my heart a bit heavy. 😆

Phenyl thumbnail

Originally posted by: TheekThaak

Is this movie good? I had watched the song with Sai Pallavi's semi-classical dance, it was beautiful but haven't listened to the other songs. I haven't been watching Nani's movies lately, last was Jersey, I guess. 

Ever since SPB's demise, I have been going back to a lot of IR's tracks, they are such a treasure trove. Have always admired him but the whole 90s kid being in love with ARR music was the dominant half somehow. Now I happily go back to Sundari Kannal even though it makes my heart a bit heavy. 😆

Sorry for barging into the conversation. I guess you heard Pranavalaya. Here's another song from the movie. My absolute fav 

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=m2kU2b9PYcs

TheekThaak thumbnail
Originally posted by: Phenyl

Sorry for barging into the conversation. I guess you heard Pranavalaya. Here's another song from the movie. My absolute fav 

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=m2kU2b9PYcs

Please barge in, haven't had conversations on films in ages. 😆

Such a beautiful song. The cinematography is amazing too. ❤️ Sai Pallavi is one hell of a terrific actress. Acts and dances like a dream. Now I think I'll watch this movie, Nani-Sai's chemistry looks nice. 😳

loginidran thumbnail
Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 3 Thumbnail

Such a beautiful song. The cinematography is amazing too. ❤️ Sai Pallavi is one hell of a terrific actress. Acts and dances like a dream. Now I think I'll watch this movie, Nani-Sai's chemistry looks nice. 😳

But nothing like Sai with Varun. I am still a little salty that they never thought of repeating their pair despite all that oozing chemistry. Arghhh!!!

Supari_khala thumbnail
Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 11 Thumbnail + 7

Looks good. Is this based on history or fantasy?

TheekThaak thumbnail
Originally posted by: catchmeifucan

But nothing like Sai with Varun. I am still a little salty that they never thought of repeating their pair despite all that oozing chemistry. Arghhh!!!

I didn't think the movie was all great but the songs were just 🥳

https://youtu.be/YFfEFbC9_XQ

TheekThaak thumbnail
Originally posted by: Supari_khala

Looks good. Is this based on history or fantasy?

Historical fiction. 

vcs17 thumbnail

the 2nd half is nicey done, lot of attention to detail, the movie has flaws but it I liked it, the music, sai pallavi and nani part, the theme of love, tricky ending which was maturely handled.

nani's flimography is amazing, he just moves between such different themes

yeah, can't just believe spb is no more, IR-SPB combo is ethereal,  you are transported to another world 

vcs17 thumbnail

special mention to anurag kulkarni, my fav singer, his range is amazing from ramulo ramula in alavaikunthapuramlo to pranavalaya and this song 

he actually did a live performance of pranavalya on stage, his classical training shows