Posted: 1 years ago

Aishu is the face of royalty !! Man she looks splendid 😍😍😍😍😍

Looks like they rushed it, the CGI is below par and even the music was surprisingly generic for Rahman. As per the visuals, they clearly are going for a very realistic vibe. Love the moody dark ones with Vikram, like that they didn't try to do sepia color grading like every period movie right now but still not upto what Ravi Varman/Mani Ratnam are known for delivering. And what is with the random many shots of people in horses? This isnt the 80s.

Among the actors, man is Vikram totally selling the mentally tortured and obsessively in love beast. Love thay dialogue. And Aishwarya is killing it with those fierce eyes, so powerful, Nandini is going to be fireee. 

Originally posted by vcs17

exactly

I meant even if he goes to his best work that is the style, but I agree can he make a thalapathy today which was closest to a multi-starrer, big film I dont think so

he lost his confidence after dil se and never seemed to come back fully 

times also have changed, his style of realism mixed with music and some commercial elements is gone, 

Fully agree. I mean, there is a hell lot of difference between MRs earlier films and the recent ones. Also earlier ARR's music used to pour soul into the movie, even Kannathil Muthamittal for that matter. Then eventually that was also gone. 

Earlier, I was always more inclined towards ARR over Illaiyaraja because of my age or whatever, but over time, I think I have been going back to the latter's songs more. 

Tbh , I was expecting something epic .. the teaser looks disappointing especially the vfx and background musicâ€Ķ..Aishu janu and Trisha look like mannequins as they were expected to look .. 

Wow. That looks amazing. Is it based on chola empire? 

BW is gonna cry some more. 

Originally posted by vcs17

incoporating cgi in films is an art,  so far only shankar and rajamouli have mastered it, with years and years of trial and error 

the plus point of this movie will be the story, it is literature masterpiece so there it is on solid ground but the problem will also be tamil people will compare book to movie, for others it doesnt matter 

casting is a big dampner,  except karthi others just dont have it 

Oh lord yeah, I still remember that animated girl in that girlfriend song from boys. ðŸ˜†

I seem to be agreeing with you a lot, except for may be on the forum's regular/usual Alia debate. smiley36

Originally posted by TheekThaak

Fully agree. I mean, there is a hell lot of difference between MRs earlier films and the recent ones. Also earlier ARR's music used to pour soul into the movie, even Kannathil Muthamittal for that matter. Then eventually that was also gone. 

Earlier, I was always more inclined towards ARR over Illaiyaraja because of my age or whatever, but over time, I think I have been going back to the latter's songs more. 

agree, can't believe he arr scored for heropanti 

another mistake he did was he doesn't do telugu films, I think because he did a few in that era where they were very low brow, masala  and totally lost interest but times have changed, he did heropanti and rejected shyam singha roy (listen to those soongs if you haven't, there are period portions in calcutta  and some lovely songs by mickey j meyer are there witha great semi classical dance by sai pallavi)

I am illaiyaraja camp firmly, i am older, he followed his heart, arr his head 

he did so many movies with smaller unknown filmakers even now because the subject resonates and there are so many classics there because of that 

arr doesnt do that afaik 

i also give great credit to keeravani, baahubali was truly great, not easy

Originally posted by Justice4Samosa

Was thinking how to describe the teaser and one redditor on r/chennai described it perfectly - Looks like Joy Alluka's Sangam collection ðŸĪĢ

Omg ðŸĪĢðŸĪĢ

I liked the teaser but bruh this is so on point. 

Originally posted by Justice4Samosa

When you make something like this the first thing should be to invest in some good VFX. WTF is this cheap looking VFX for a film of such a scale? Half the shots look like leftovers from Baahubali ðŸĪŠ 

Just when I thought finally there was some movie to look forward to, someone has to come and spoil the party. Kabhi khush mat hone dena. 😭

On second watch, the teaser looks rushed. Some of the frames look like copy-paste of GOT and Bahubali. Man, Maniratnam really lost the plot somewhere along the way. The saving grace would be acting for sure - there are some heavy weights like Karthi, Vikram, Trisha and Aish (if she can pull off). I wish they had chosen someone like Keeravani for music. His soundtracks ate always golden for epic periods. Part of the reason why Rajamouli always goes to him. They are a combined package. 

I strongly feel this would be better if watched in Tamil. Hindi just doesn't do it for me.